US Election 2012  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Babies for Barack
    • Rugrats for Romney
    • In Diapers and Independant
    • Other
    • I don't vote

One of the very interesting things that will be on the plate of the next president is he will likely have to replace 2 or 3 supreme court judges. Since some of the supreme court judges are very near retirement, the next president will have the ability to shape the opinion of the supreme court for probably another 40 years. Whoever we do elect, he could be one of our most powerful presidents in our nation's history. Make sure you play your role in the coming election.

Ding, ding, ding! This is the smartest post in this thread. Look you young whipper-snappers, I've voted in many elections, served in the Federal Government for over 3 decades and have seen the seat of power change from left to right to left to right to left again. There was no real difference in which party held the Presidency, except that they controlled who was nominated to sit on the Supreme Court for life! The difference each President made was due to their personal leadership no matter which party they belonged to. In case the people reading this need examples, Reagan and Clinton were strong leaders. They were able to make things happen no matter who was in Congress. They also lead strong economies. See a trend there boys and girls? It's not about party affliation, skin color, or religon, it's about electing a leader to pull us out of this recession (depression?) and putting good people on the bench, which is about political views, but still not about personal ones.

• Like 1

Ding, ding, ding! This is the smartest post in this thread. Look you young whipper-snappers, I've voted in many elections, served in the Federal Government for over 3 decades and have seen the seat of power change from left to right to left to right to left again. There was no real difference in which party held the Presidency, except that they controlled who was nominated to sit on the Supreme Court for life! The difference each President made was due to their personal leadership no matter which party they belonged to. In case the people reading this need examples, Reagan and Clinton were strong leaders. They were able to make things happen no matter who was in Congress. They also lead strong economies. See a trend there boys and girls? It's not about party affliation, skin color, or religon, it's about electing a leader to pull us out of this recession (depression?) and putting good people on the bench, which is about political views, but still not about personal ones.

Thanks, just remember it was a young whipper-snapper who said it, lol.

Guest diaperboykcmo

The problem with Conservative SC judges, they're like a box of Chocolate's you never know what you're going to get.. Sutter, Kennedy, Thomas. All nominated by a Conservative. Yet more times then not, they vote with the Liberals.

I don't know who ever said the SC judges is a lifetime gig, but that was a huge mistake!

Who made the law that congress has no term limits!

Back during the Founders days, they herd term limits!

You have to make people that make the laws, live by the same laws!

The problem with Conservative SC judges, they're like a box of Chocolate's you never know what you're going to get.. Sutter, Kennedy, Thomas. All nominated by a Conservative. Yet more times then not, they vote with the Liberals.

I don't know who ever said the SC judges is a lifetime gig, but that was a huge mistake!

Who made the law that congress has no term limits!

Back during the Founders days, they herd term limits!

You have to make people that make the laws, live by the same laws!

1: the Founders framed the Constitution in such a way that the Judicial Branch in general and the Supreme Court in particular were independent of who was in Congress or the Presidency, Supreme Court Justices are appointed by the President and approved by the Senate to serve "during good Behavior" which has generally been held to mean that judges and Justices can only be removed from the bench for purposes of impropriety, such as bribery. This has thus led to many Justices throughout the history that have actually been the opposite of what their appointing President had hoped for. The Supreme Court is supposed to decide rulings in reference to the Constitution, and have done so, from what I have read, according to the times the Justices have lived in. The days of the Scott, Plessy, and Brown decisions have all been signs of their times, as the society has modernized, so too has the Supreme Court. That the Supreme Court Justices are a lifetime appointment is not an accident, nor is it a mistake. If Justices need to be reappointed, their views on how to interpret the Constitution may change from time to time as they come due for reappointment, thus skewing their record and becoming rather unreliable. A classic example resides in Texas, in the Lone Star State, local judges are elected for an unlimited number of fixed-year terms, these same judges hear death penalty cases, and thus feel compelled to agree with jury recommendations for the death penalty and then, once the condemned inmate comes up for execution, to sign the death warrant and set the execution date, lest they be considered "soft" on crime and risk losing their seat on the bench.

2. Under the US Constitution, as originally written, there have never been term limits. President Washington set the precedent of two four-year terms for the Presidency that was only broken by Franklin Delano Roosevelt, and soon thereafter, the 22nd Amendment was ratified capping the ceiling at two lifetime four-year terms. Congress has never had term limits, though in the 1990s it was proposed by a Republican-controlled House, but fell short of the majority mandated by the Constitution.

Hence, they're following the laws. Before you accuse someone of not following the law, know what the law is.

I'm for Congressional term limits, by the by.

You're full of ignorance. I have plenty of gay friends here in tx and they are homeowners and have mortgages. The're is a difference between a strike lgbt individual between a broke lgbt individual. One can pay his bills the other can't. Individual fiscal responsibility got us in this mess haven't you read how the first great depression started? People where buying with their eyes instead of their wallets, purse or wherever they stored their money. When you spend more than what you make you always get a mess in return. Big government is not the answer. When you have a government that outgrows it's purpose eventually they start to expand. Look at our neighbors government in Mexico. They own everything from the electric company to the monopolized gasoline station. Yet they say profits are for their people, but the majority live in poverty

Only politicians and drug cartels are the ones who have a successful living. But you dont seem to care as long as their citizens get their human rights no?

I do believe the ignorance lies in your court puffy. I have been evicted from an apartment because I started my transition there, even though I payed rent in full on time every month. I have lost many jobs because they found out I was "LBGT" even though at that time I hid it in the work place. This is what I have lived with, The lack of equality. It's not because I'm not fiscally responsible. It's out of pure hate for my kind. This is on pair with racism and sexism, which are federal protected. Why can LBGT be protected as well? It's not my fault I was born this way.

I really don't understand why republicans are against medicare. Seriously the elderly kinda need it. So do the disabled.

The Republicans aren't against Medicare. In fact Romney's proposals return the money Obamacare raided from the program.....a good fraction of the money for Obamacare came from Medicare, that kinda turns your assertion on its head.

The Republicans aren't against Medicare. In fact Romney's proposals return the money Obamacare raided from the program.....a good fraction of the money for Obamacare came from Medicare, that kinda turns your assertion on its head.

Then picking Paul Ryan as his running mate was a bad move for him on that account. The $760 billion dollars will be cut over 10 years and is claimed to not be taken from anyone's benefits, but rather by making the system more efficient. Since I have not seen any real proposals on making Medicare more efficient, it is probably bullshit like the bipartisan debt committee. To that end, it is uncertain where the cuts will come from or if they will actually happen. What do you expect though? They can't get anything done, so they are going to act like they are getting something done.

When Paul Ryan says we are going to make Medicare better by making his changes, namely the voucher plan, then says don't worry, all senior citizens over 50 will not be affected by these changes, which I have heard him say numerous times, he indicates that he is going to do something bad and also recognizes that. He is trying his best not to scare away the senior vote, but this "don't worry, this won't affect you, it will only affect your children" will not work politically. It is a tried and failed political maneuver.

New term limits

President one 5 year term and done gtfo

Senators and congress 2 consecutive 3 year terms and done gtfo

Supreme justices must be elected by the people

Same pension plans as any other American. And their pay should be based on an average median income plus 15 thousand for their accommodations for congress senators about the same. Presidents pay should also drop in the near 150,000 range.

2 Years of military service required if people want to work for our great country they have to serve it first. Make lobbying illegal and end special interest groups that are not involved with direct issues. End the invisible boundaries that separate us. We are all one weather you are a man trapped in a woman's body or vice versa. Or your skin is a different color than mine. And lastly let's detach from the rest of the world's problems let Europe fix themselves and the Muslims kill each other. There are roads and bridges in my neighborhood that need fixing.

New term limits

Same pension plans as any other American. And their pay should be based on an average median income plus 15 thousand for their accommodations for congress senators about the same. Presidents pay should also drop in the near 150,000 range.

2 Years of military service required if people want to work for our great country they have to serve it first. Make lobbying illegal and end special interest groups that are not involved with direct issues....

...And lastly let's detach from the rest of the world's problems let Europe fix themselves and the Muslims kill each other. There are roads and bridges in my neighborhood that need fixing.

No thanks. Completely unrealistic and unpractical.

Honestly the whole party system has got to go, every one should be of independent mind and not just following what some party wants (looks at congress cock blocking ALL OF THE JOBS BILLS just to make Obama look bad.) The end of corporate owner ship of our government would be nice too.

Guest diaperboykcmo

Sheri, you do realize, congress was in the Democrats control for the 1st 2 years. So they could've passed whatever they wanted, Republicans couldn't do anything to stop it!

BHO presented his jobs bill, not one democrat voted for it..

BHO had his own job team set up.. Simpson Bowles. He din't follow anything they said..

Nice try to blame the Republicans!!

• Like 1

New term limits

First and second are so-so ideas, but the third? You do realise most people only care about the presidential election and don't vote in the run-up, right?

First and second are so-so ideas, but the third? You do realise most people only care about the presidential election and don't vote in the run-up, right?

Duh that's what causing the problem. People would rather watch the MTV than elect their congressmen.

Sheri, you do realize, congress was in the Democrats control for the 1st 2 years. So they could've passed whatever they wanted, Republicans couldn't do anything to stop it!

BHO had his own job team set up.. Simpson Bowles. He din't follow anything they said..

I love the way Californians blame Arnold lol poor san Bernardino or Compton if grey Davis would of stayed they could of progressed into being bought out by the Chinese.

Duh that's what causing the problem. People would rather watch the MTV than elect their congressmen.

This, I've said for years if American Idol's final gets more votes than the Presidential Election, the show needs to be shut down and replaced with a show about why voting for government officeholders is more important than who will be the next singing sensation.

In my serious opinion:

i) Economics is the "political miscomprehension of commerce".

ii)There is no economic situation that politics can not exacerbate.

I'll agree with you on #2, I've had an economics instructor in college that said no government was ever meant to make money and that surpluses will never be permanent in a government budget.

Though I will say that your statement for #1 is completely misguided. An economic system can exist independently of a political system, and economics is just the study of how goods and services are produced and consumed by a given population.

lmao

Guest diaperboykcmo

Sheri, you can lyao, but the truth is the truth..

Maybe if I couldn't debate the truth, then I'd lmao too!

diapermanAl, the President can influence the gas prices.

Obama's polices have driven up the gas prices. The EPA has gone wlld, they're put alot of coal companies out of business. They pretty much implemented cap and trade.

When Bush was in office, and the Gas Prices were nearing $4, he said we'd start offshore drilling, and would look into drilling at home.

OPEC released more oil, and the prices went down,

It's that simple, OPEC knows if we ever pulled our head out of our ass! We wouldn't need them!!

• Like 1

I will continue to laugh at your ignorant support of hate mongers.

Btw oil needs to be done away with, as our primary fuel source. Off shore drilling only means 5-10 years of stable fuel (which isn't enough to met the demand) Its the ignorance that republicans have. They refuse to switch to alternate means of energy, because they are all owned by Exxon and what not. Oil is only high right now because the fuel companies want us to think its Obama's fault.

Don't get me started on how republicans want to remove the separation of church and state.

Also they want to remove any employment protections, and medicare. Who the f*** things that's a good idea? If they do I hope they get cancer and get robbed of every dime they have, even their house, but the unfair medical system the republicans want, just so they can live another day. Then they'll know why we need medicare