LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Fit With No Hips

darboy

I have a question I don't think I've ever seen someone purpose....

I have been wearing diapers now going on 10 years. During the day I usually wear a thinner more discreet diaper, plastic pants and a onesie to keep the diaper hidden. I'm very private about wearing diapers in public and don't have the desire to let others know...any who. Back to what I was talking about...I typically wear a thicker diaper to bed, me liking a variety of diapers, I usually don't wear the same combo more than once a week and this maybe my problem, I should probably find a solution and there probably isn't too many diaper that will do the trick for me. I feel that 6 tape diapers work better, but still not perfect. I usually will wear an outer diaper with some sort of adult diaper ( I wear a size large diaper, so I will cut the wings off a medium size adult diaper), adult pad inserts (for mesh pants) or a cloth baby diaper as an insert for extra night time protection. During the night I toss and turn, sleep on my side, stomach and back. By morning time I feel like my diaper has loosened up a bit because I feels like when I stand up the diaper slides down a little due to a wet soggy diaper, I get that happens probably to everyone. BUT, when I put on a fresh diaper, I can use packaging tape to make it as tight as comfort brings me, walk around the house for 10 to 15 minutes with out a onesie on and the diaper slides down a bit. I know that wearing a onesie will take care of the issue, but sometimes just a diaper and t-shirt feels great!

My Question...

Those that have no/flat hips, do you have issues with keeping your diaper from sliding down and does anyone have a fix for it or the perfect diaper that doesn't do that for you?

Generally, I don't have this problem, unless the diaper I'm wearing is to small or short to begin with, but I am assuming that you are speaking of disposables only, so i'll stick with that. I have found with some, that I can snug up the leg (bottom) tapes and leave the waist (upper tape) one a bit looser and they wont fall down or feel weird. I did this a couple of times with a medium Bambino Teddy and a secure Xplus because I had a problem with the rear splitting. I attributed that to the upper tape being to tight and not allowing the diaper to move as I did. I also powdered my butt, which allowed the diaper to slide on my butt as I moved, instead of sticking to my skin. It worked!

So, if you have a slight build and no butt, then just tighten the leg tapes nice and snug, and do the top ones as best as you can and you shouldn't have a problem. Just don't make it so tight that it can't move with you or you will split the back, which creates a mess! :P

Other then that, a onsie or pair of tidy whities to hold the diaper up always works...

Most of all have fun! :D

I have a dual problem! I have a belly but no hips so to speak! I have to tape my diaper on below my belly and it would slid down some if I didn't wear plastic pants over it. Suspenders for your diapers? When I wear jeans or other pants I have the same problem just walking around! A couple times when I've been doing work at a friend's house and once moving an old refridgerator out of a house, my jeans actually dropped down to my ankles! I could feel them starting to go but as I had my hands full with heavy objects, there wasn't anything I could do about it! Thankfully, both times I was not wearing diapers! Usually I will wear suspenders when working to prevent the pants from dropping. When not wearing suspenders at home or running errands, I cinch my belt tight but there have been times where I've had to hitch up my pants. It's the bane of people with no hips! Try some plastic pants and maybe a onesie to help hold them up? I think it will happen with me weather I use 6 tapes, 4 tapes, cloth and pins or 2 tape diapers. It's my belly and no hips that does it to me.

My trick with two tape diapers is to always fasten the top/waist tabs first. This is when I am lying down on my bed or other flat surface. Then I can adjust the leg section better. I also tend to put my diapers on in a "dead frog" position, i.e. with my legs wide open to the sides, knees bent. Also, try sucking in your belly a bit so that you are "thinner" right where the top tabs are, fasten the tabs, and then release your hold on your belly. I find that takes away the extra space and leaves the diapers nice and snug all night. I tend to wear my normal panties and jeans/shorts/skirts below my naval so I used to fasten the diaper that way too but I found that the front of the diaper actually has to be almost even with the back of the diaper so it now comes up just over my belly button.

One more tip, be sure you pick a disposable that fits you. It took me years to find the right disposable that didn't leave a gap in the back where my spine is or not have a good grip around my legs. Not all diapers are made the same. Some wing designs are not made for people with no back/hip/buttocks. Others are made for people who basically have no curves! Try different brands/sizes, etc. until you find the fit that's right for you. :)