LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Uh Oh...What Did I Just Do?

So I am at work today enjoying my lunch with a girl that I work with...well I say girl but we're both nearing 40 so...

ANYway, the subject of caring for the elderly came up as we've both had to deal with relatives who lost their mental faculties nearing the ends of their lives. She worked as a care aid for quite a while so she has seen it all when it comes to elder care and (primarily) incontinence. I mentioned that most store bought diapers seem to be a joke and there are much better brands to be found through online mail order. She was quite interested and asked me to list off a few brands. So I told her about Abena, Dry 24/7, and....here's the big one...Bambino. So she asks if I bought them for my Grandfather when he was sick. I laughed and told her no, Bambino diapers come with baby prints on the front panel and I don't think my Gramps would've approved. So...she asks....How do I know that Bambino diapers come with baby prints? Ah...um...well...I did lots and lots of research into diapers when my Gramps was ill and I know that these brands have good reputations.

So then she says that she hopes someone will buy her baby print diapers if she has to deal with incontinence in the future. Her exact words were 'It would be kinda cute.'

So NOW I see her in a completely different light.....every time I talk to her I won't be able to help imagining her in Bambinos....

• Like 1

Don't read too much into it though. Just two years ago I was running with a female friend and we were chatting while running. She comes right out and says that she wishes she could wear a diaper while running. At a loss for words in part because I WAS wearing a diaper, I just let her keep talking. She is too modest to just pull over and squat like a very fast and famous woman running from the UK and was making "a joke" while making conversation. She is not an AB/DL and never mentioned diapers again.

From what you wrote, the woman you work with associates adult diapers with elderly patients and incontinence. She was making a joke and I don't think from what you've written that this woman would appreciate or embrace AB/DL. Please do let us know if she says anything else encouraging.

What compelled you to mention Bambino? When I was 19, I used to have a sign on my wall. "CAUTION: Be sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear". Ever since I was 11, we had a sign above the wall phone: "Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut" and there is "A closed mouth gathers no foot"

They do not call it a "trap" for no good reason

What compelled you to mention Bambino?

I wasn't really 'compelled' to mention Bambinos. I was just listing off diaper brands that were far superior to the regular store bought variety. I probably shouldn't have mentioned that they come with a printed front panel, but such is life.

I would not have mentioned thenm at all. do you know what "Bambino" means in Italian? The name alone is a dead giveaway

Not a big deal since you had a very good and proper explination. Sure, I can see that anyone doing some internet searches for adult diapers for the elderly could very easily come across Bambinos and the AB/DL culture. Even if she is aware somehow of AB/DL's, that dosen't mean you are one of them in her mind! I could search the internet for adult incontinence products and come across Bambino's, and if I looked at a picture of them, it would be obvious they have baby prints on them, but the discription would also indicate they are very absorbent as compaired to other brands. You did good with your answer!

One of the reasons that I always use "rubber panties", "rubber sheet", "pampers", "paper diapers" and other real-world terms is so that I do not sound to knowledgeable about the ins and outs of such things in real-world situations. It only takes one person to notice and things become unpredictable. It is better to let sleeping dogs lie

There was an incident some 6 years ago at the local post office. There was a fellow trying to mail a package to Sao Migul in the Azores. He hade a thick Azorean accent and he described the contents as what sounded like a "chrome [which it could not have been since google did not have its browser yet]" and the poor girl behind the counter could not figure it out and it almost threw me but I know the culture. I had decided to not get involved but this would have taken forever and I was tired of the linguistic carnage here so I then determined that he was saying "crone" with his accent. Now, I know the culture and some of their "feasts [festas]" so I stepped in and said. "I think he is trying to say 'crown'. This looks like it may be for the Feast of the Holy Ghost" and he assented. The the girl asked "Is it a tiara?" I was very certain that they were consumed by the situation at hand and would not notice that I had "too much' knowledge", or just think I was well-versed, so I said. "No, a crown goes around the entire head, a tiara only sticks up in front" and everyone went on their merry way with that Gordian Knot untied and nobody batted an eyelash. Had the preceedings not been so absorbing, I would have kepy my tiara to myself

• 3 weeks later...