LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Lip Biting

When your not a position to suck your thumb or slip your paci in, do you tend to bite your lips? O.o If so, what are some of the ways you stop yourself?

I tend to bite my lips quite a bit. And when willpower stop cutting it, I lick my lips to keep my teeth from getting to them. XP

When I am in a postion where I can't suck my thumb or paci, I will either suck on my bottom lip or bite on my bottom lip. I don't bite it too hard because I am on blood thinners and do not want to bleed. Once I realize what I am doing, I will stop and try to focus on something in the store we are in or on object in whatever place we are at. If I am tired it is hard to stop myself.

When I am in a postion where I can't suck my thumb or paci, I will either suck on my bottom lip or bite on my bottom lip. I don't bite it too hard because I am on blood thinners and do not want to bleed. Once I realize what I am doing, I will stop and try to focus on something in the store we are in or on object in whatever place we are at. If I am tired it is hard to stop myself.

I tend to start out biting softly. But if I stop paying attention, I end up biting harder. X(

As soon as I read the title of this post I wondered: do I? And then I realized I was doing it at that time exactly.

I think I do it sometimes, but I never really noticed that much. I'm not an AB though, as far as I know, so I don't think it replaces anything for me.

I tend to peel dead skin off my lips with my teeth. Kinda gross but you asked. If I don't my lips eventually start to crack and bleed. My feet do the same thing but I don't chew the skin off the bottom of my feet, I use a tool for it.

I bite my lip, inside of my cheeks, or my nails. The way I attempt to (it doesn't always work) rectify it when I'm in a position where I can't use my binky or thumb is:

1. Drinking water

2. Chewing gum

Other things I'd suggest:

1. Get a "Chew Stick" like this or this. They're meant for older children through adults vs. babies & toddlers, which hold up longer than a teether and can take more gnawing, Also, they're more "discreet" because they don't look as babyish as a teether. This & this are supposedly even more discreet because of the smaller size. The designs vary considerably too (other shapes, sizes, & textures) for different biting habits & preferences. I've found I chew considerably hard, and have gnawed through many teethers in the past, as well as pens and the like...so I need a firmer product, preferably with texture. I did buy a chewie (what I call the Chew Sticks) for the first time, and it should be arriving today or tomorrow. If you'd like, I'll let you know how it is.

2. Just use your thumb or binky. There are a lot of situations where, at the most, you'd get a few strange looks. If you're really that concerned about someone seeing (like at work or wherever), you could go into the bathroom stall (not the urinals of course, the actual stall) & take a few minutes to have a suck, I don't know if you're a 24/7 diaper wearer or not, but when you go in to change your diaper or use the toilet, that's a perfect time as far as privacy goes to use your binky.

~ moogle

The insides of my cheeks and the inside of my lower lip are all badly scarred. Not from biting though, from braces. The dentist occasionally forgets and asks me if I bite my cheeks because theres so much scarring. I don't think that's normal with braces but I also scar easily.

huh. I had'nt thought about it like that before but maybe I bite my lips because its a calming mechanism like BabyRiku was saying.