LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New To Diapers. Need Some Advice/Guidance.

Hi all. I recently allowed myself to indulge in my lifelong curiosity with diapers. I'd had a box of free Depends Silhouette samples in my closet for awhile, and since I'd gotten rid of my boring, vanilla boyfriend and have been letting myself free to explore my different fascinations, I figured I'd try one on and give it a whirl.

Putting it on was fantastic, but eventually letting myself wet it was one of the most amazing feelings I've ever had.

From the time I was a (real life) little girl, I would take my mother's maxi pads and hide in the bathroom and pee in them, among other little inklings of DL curiosity which are beginning to come back to me and make me realize what was going on.

My only problem now is how to find the right kind of diaper for me. I don't have enough money to buy all different kinds, so I found ABUniverse and bought a sampler, recently. The package came in today, and, much to my disappointment, NONE OF THEM FIT ME. I bought the Medium pack after reading all the size charts on them, thinking they would fit me perfectly (and snugly), but I can barely even get any of them to tape on both sides :(

I am not a small girl, but I am not very large, either. I wear about a size 14 in women's (US) pants.

I loved the way the Depends Silhouettes fit me (and the S/M size fit me PERFECTLY in those), but I don't think the absorbency is going to be good enough for me. I want something snug fitting, and I really liked the pull-ups style of the Silhouettes, however I was reading that sometimes those don't have as good absorbency as the tape ones. And, obviously, I would like something that isn't beige, haha.

Could anyone point me in the right direction of some economical diapers that at least KIND OF fit what I'm looking for? I'd really appreciate any other advice you could give me, as well. I'm still pretty new to all this. I've known about this lifestyle for a long time, and have always been intrigued by it, but have never fully explored it firsthand.

Thank you all :)

Hi itdepends,

You're on the right track with trying out a sample pack. One thing I would suggest is trying the sample pack from HDIS. It's $9.95 and you get 2 of every kind of diaper (fitted brief with tapes) they carry. They also have an underwear sampler if you prefer pull-ons. This is a great way to try out what fits your body the best, which does the best absorbing your accidents and which ones you like the feel of the best. Given that the mediums have not worked out for you, I'd go ahead and suggest trying the large size sample pack.

Another place you can get samples from is Tranquility who sells the ATN (All Through the Night) diaper. It's a great introductory diaper that tends to run a bit smaller in cut than other brands. In other words, their large is a bit smaller than other people's larges and may fit you a bit better.

Finding the right diaper for you can take a bit of trial and error but with samples, you can explore without outlaying a ton of money.

I'm partial to Abena, Molicare and Wellness briefs because they work so well and the fit is excellent on me. If you want quality, you can't go wrong with these....

my 2 cents worth,

CJ

Thank you for suggesting those other places! The guy from ABUniverse actually emailed me back and said he'd send me a large size pack for the cost of shipping because he's never had that happen before, haha.

I'm looking at the HDIS Underwear sample pack, and I see it has Depends in it. If I am a S/M in those, would I not be a Medium in the others? I don't understand the sizing. :(

One thing I would suggest is trying the sample pack from HDIS.

Not to hijack the thread, but I remember reading that HDIS sends junk mail forever after one has ordered anything from them. If true, that could make stealth difficult. Can anyone support or refute this? Same question about the other suppliers.

Both Attends and Tranquility will send you a sample if you ask as well. Yes, diaper sizing, in my opinion is a bit optimistic, even for guys. I almost always where a large even if the size chart says medium should work. With girls, the hips make the sizing even less distinct.

One thing I would suggest is trying the sample pack from HDIS.

Not to hijack the thread, but I remember reading that HDIS sends junk mail forever after one has ordered anything from them. If true, that could make stealth difficult. Can anyone support or refute this? Same question about the other suppliers.

It is true HDIS will send constant junk mail after ordering from them. I get something from them about once a month at least.

Diaper size varies so much that you really need to sample them first. The regular Depends for Women pull-ups in S/M should fit you snugly, though the sides may be prone to tearing unless you're gentle pulling them on. They hold nearly twice what the Silhouette does (that's about one full wetting done slowly) Same goes for the plastic-backed Depends "Proptection with Tabs" (not "Depends with Tabs")which seem to hold a bit less :o I've seen a "Depends Fit Kit" at Walgreens and on the Depends website but I don't know what's in it. Unisex diaper sizes seem to be sized more for a man's shape, but even then if you fall in the upper half of their sizing range, going up one size is often better :rolleyes: If your diaper isn't snug enough to suit you, pull a pair of full-cut brief panties over it. This compression affects absorbency some in both speed and total capacity but it helps smooth out the diaper profile quite a bit under clothes :blush: Oh, and welcome to DD B)

Bettypooh

• 3 weeks later...

itDepends,

When Baby Maggie and I were first married, she too was a size 14. As such, she was either in Large or Medium diapers depending on which brand it was. It was awkward, but she ended up getting to be more like a size 8 which means Mediums (S/M for Depends "orange label") and size Small waterproof pants. The issue was that the size Large seemed too big and the size Medium seemed too small. I feel your pain!

Aloha,

Honu