LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thanks you guys. Wetatnight you're right. I actually went into this fully expecting it to not work good enough for me (though I did try staying objective). Like you said Bettypooh, all the other urologists I've seen didn't want to try anything other than trying to completely cure me. At least now it sounds like this urologist is finally willing to actually try and actually help do what I've been wanting. I just can't believe I had to go though this just to get to this point though. Oh well.

Thanks for sharing Brian.

At least you gave it a try, its the only way to discover if something doesn't work for you.

It sounds like you are the sort of person who does research prior to a procedure, but I'd make sure you double check about the botox. It was suggested that when I become incontinent after my spinal injury, they can use botox to revert my sphincter back to the way it is currently, keeping me reliant on intermittent catheters. Hence, I'm not too keen to tell them about the changes, and the overflow incontinence I've started experiencing, as I know how to deal with it.

All the best.

Puggsley.

This thread seems to be evolving from interstim to botox. Puggsley you are correct, there are several different ways to urologically use the botox to achieve different results. You can get just a little injected into you sphincter to tighten it up and make you less likely to leak, or you can get a lot to deaden it completely to make you functionally incontinent. Regarding my bladder urges you can also get the botox injected into the nerves to deaden the signals (though that's not very reliable) or into the bladder walls to reduce the spasms.

Sadly my urologist mislead me when we originally talked about the botox as another treatment option. He doesn't want to inject a lot into my sphincter, instead he wants to inject a lot into my bladder wall. I'm not sure how well this will let me sleep at night, or if it will reduce the amount I flood my diaper even a little, but it sounds like it will at least reduce the spasms I get. I just wish I could get him to stop trying to cure me and start trying to help me!

On another note, my urologist wants to do a urodynamic test on me, uuuugh- not another one. Having two large needles stuck up between your legs is bad enough but I guarantee they will once again argue with me about when my bladder is full and extremely painful. I swear this time I'll just kink the hose to stop it! I've had at least a half dozen of these done over the years and it never tells them anything useful I didn't already tell them. In fact, I've had the machine break once, come back inconclusive twice, confirmed my bladder is filling up and draining completely a couple of times, and verified there aren't any blockages in my urethra. What a waste of my time. I'm getting tired of always having to jump through these hoops but this time I'm hoping if I keep jumping enough times this urologist might- just might- hopefully get past trying to cure me, and actually help for once.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the info. I had gathered you would have researched this pretty completely. I've not had a good sit down with my urologist, I only had what she told me while doing the urodynamic test, so I hope I wasn't sticking my nose in.

I hope things are coming along well with you now, and you are making progress with your urologist.

All the best,

Puggsley

Babybrian,

are you fully aware what and Interstim device is designed to do? From your profile, I think the you wish to loose / have lost all bladder and/or bowel control. An interstim device is designed to regulate the bladder and bowel nerve control... and eventually, allow one to manage this without the need for diapers. In practice, this, like most implanted devices, are only a partial cure since it usually does not address the original problem, AND with your training - as described in your profile, and from memory, in other posts, - will have to fail.

You, I think (from previous posts), have reduced your bladder capacity. Your bladder has, or soon will, revert to autonomical control bypassing the sacral nerve group - the same group that this device is supposed to trigger. I suspect that you will get to the stage - by this device, of feeling that you need to go constantly, and being unable to relieve yourself. Therefore, to reduce the pressure buildup, will need to intermitently caterize. I personally, in your case, think that this surgery would be a mistake.

Babykeiff. The interstim implant DID work for what it truly promises to do. About a 40-50 percent reduction in the bladder spasms I get (from a possible spinal injury) which is what causes the urges, not just simple pressure build-up. Yes the intent is to get the person to the bathroom without needing a diaper which I did not care about. The point was to get rid of my urges 100 percent from the very start. My urologist assured me that was a high probability but obviously he miss-led me (even outright lied based on actual statistics).

My urges are not a choice like my wearing diapers are. Nobody can give up control of something they don't already have. In the 16+ years I've been living with this, my anatomical control has never changed- better or worse. Not with drugs, exercise, diet, timed wetting, and now implants it would seem. About 6+ years ago I came to the realization the only way to get rid of these urges is by getting rid of the control completely- the question though is how? This entire time I've been letting myself pee when ever the feeling arises. By most any standards I should be completely incontinent by now, yet I'm not. My urologist was adamant on the interstim treatment, and like I said before. If I have to jump though a bunch of hoops to get him to realize what I already know- then so be it.

Untimely you're right though, that surgery was a mistake (as I had suspected due to the stats but tried anyways). Apparently it was one mistake my urologist had to make though. I'm determined with this though, and will still do what I need if it gets him one step close to giving up curing me, and start actually helping me improve my quality of life.

I like where you say "Nobody can give up control of something they don't already have". I had to learn that and learn how to live with that myself as my mid-adult dryness began fading away with me becoming like I was as a child- OAB, SI, UI, and bladder spasms too :( Much as you have, I too have accepted diapers as my best solution and while I still try to exercise control most of the time, I love being able to relax away from work and pay my bladder no attention, just letting it do what it wants to :D The mental relief is as pleasant as the physical relief is :thumbsup: I'd suggest that at this point you do your research and tell your urologist what he's going to do instead of the other way around since he does seem to be using you for a guinea-pig more than helping you as a patient <_<

May you soon find the solution that works best for you B) and thanks for keeping us updated

Bettypooh

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a lul while healing from the interstim removal. No complications, just time to heal as expected. Monday I go in for a urodynamics test then my urologist plans on using botox. I'll be posting my results under the Botox thread. http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=33551&hl=

As for the Interstim, that was a failure for me so I'm pretty done with this thread and moving on.

• 9 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Interstim has reduced urge incontinence to near zero.

However, while experimenting with various stimulation levels I did covered that when stimulation is increased to the point where discomfort is present there is also a unique feeling the feels like to is traveling from the bladder to the penis tip along the urethra. This unque sensation does result in sexual arousal and promotes the desire for masturbation. Traditional sexual penetration as I have complete and total erectile dysfunction. 

Nevertheless,I am continuing to experiment with using the higher stimulation levels for pleasure.

has anyone else experienced increased sexual arousal and response from an implanted stimulator?