LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Black/death/heavy-metal?

I agree some black metal bands just sound too out there.

every time i die for example is a death emtal band i cant stand, first off the dude isnt in tune with the sound, i mean if your going to scream and shout in the song make the chords match that dont just go in your own world and have the guitiart play and not match.

godsmack i always considered them hard rock since they really seems to be more like rockers than metalers, thoiugh yea they have a good sound but im not much into them.

much of the 80's i dont like due to high amount of hair metal that consumed the genre, i always rerefered that genre as pop metal or chick metal, though then again nothing really came out the 80's that was worth while anyway lol ;)

plus you have to realize metal has more compititon now than before.

before they hafd rock and country, now tyhey have rap and its range of genres and rock and country and rap gained some great power when metal died off in th 90's so most people will listen to that ans as such record companies are tring to fill in the metal void with the 5 & 210 metal bands that sound alike, just like rap. the pattern is showing and its not good.

honestly we need bands that just care about the fans and their music and nothing more.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I can only say that I must have been stoned out when I initially wrote my list of favorite metal bands; because I was so very stupid not to include one of the filthiest and most perverse black metal bands ever: The lunatics that comprise the allmighty Carpathian Forest!!!!! Have you ever listened to their sickened tunes, folks? All their albums is devastating black metal, but they have never made an album as good as Black Shining Leather, if you ask me. Of course, must not forget the now defunct Ved Buens Ende, equally excellent!!And yeah, currently listening to a norwegian black metal band I haven`t listened to before, the psychotic and doomish Furze!! Recommended. Cheers? Oh yes sirreeeeee!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna say this just cuz I can and to get the thread moving again. Even though we disagree on alot of bands I think everyone still liked pantera, I mean, who could hate pantera, right?

Well, well, DiaperedRacer, I think that Pantera had some good tunes on Vulgar Display of Power, but other than that I`m not really fan,no. For me personally, I think that Exhorders "Slaughter in the Vatican" is superior to Panteras work, the vocals are similar to Anselmos though, but better I think. You should check out Necrophagias "Holocausto de La Morte", let us call it a horror-black metal band, Anselmo wrote all the tunes, and it is f****g great music. This band have actually existed since 1984, before the birth of mighty Autopsy! Cheers!

pantera is the best. Dimebag Darrel, may that man rest in peace, was a great guitarist.

i think just like DiaperedRacer that while we all might nt agree on everything in metal, but there has to be at least 1 band all of us agree kicks ass.

really i like any of the classic metal i cant say that about the newer bands though some i like and some are just too out there even for me(and that says something)

old Metallica as in the first album and some of the second. i love thrash and they lost me after Ride the Lightning with their slow songs like 'The Thing that Should not Be'. Dave made that band great, after they kicked him out, they lost their edge

Well, I have no other option to join the brotherhood of old Metallica; yes sirree, Master of Puppets is a incredible achievement, and probably their best. I like all their albums up on till The Black Album, which was a futile release. Have not payed one iota of attention to their new stuff, but then again, why the hell should I? Their prime days are definitely over. But hey, what about the kings of thrash, Slayer? Superior albums like Show no Mercy, South of Heaven, Reign in Blood, and Seasons in the Abyss? Give me Slayer over Metallica any day! Cheers!

yes slayer rules!

also agree metallica has lost their power after the black album, st anger was THE worst of them all!

slayer is another favorite of mine. I also enjoy napalm death and sepultra.

really any kind of emtal i like as long as it sounds good and it has a good beat and the vocals match the fast pace of the guitar and drums ;)

Vocals are of supreme importance if you ask me; often they can take otherwise mediocre riffs to a new level. But the sad fact is that if the vocalist stinks up to high heaven, all hope is lost! It will definitely ruin the whole show for me, that`s for sure. Which metal vocalists are you folks favorite ones? In no particular order, mine are Tom Araya, Mikael Aakerfeldt, Nox( From swedish black metallers Craft), Killjoy from Necrophagia, David Vincent, Blackie Lawless( A f***ing unique voice!!), Bruce Dickinson, Maynard James Keenan, Chris Reifert from Autopsy, Attila on Mayhems "Mysteeris Dom Satanas", and Nocturno Culto, especially on Dark Thrones " Ablaze in the Northern Sky" and their masterpiece, "Under a Funeral Moon" Probably some I have forgotten...It`ll come to me eventually. Cheers folks!

my list is long though you match a good chunk of what i like.

but yes some bands do go over the line and do not match the chords.

everytime i die is a great example of poor sych betwwen vocals and the music. i heard 3 songs from them all 3 three the vocal is just in his own fricking world while the band plays. cant believe they still keep the guy in the band to be honest unles they like to sound that bad ;)

what about chris barnes? If there's a better growler on the planet I'll be shocked. and if someone could help me out I've allways adored the vocals of My dying Bride, but I don't know the guys name

Chris Barnes has surely earned his place among good death-metal vocalists yes. In many ways I think he was the epitome of Cannibal Corpse, so I prefer their earlier work. You should check out Torture Killer from Finland, he has never sounded so absolutely filthy as he does here. Great stuff! I see now that I`ve left out essential vocalists from my original list, and since My Dying Bride is one of my all time faves, it is an unforgivable slip of the mind that I did not initially include their vocalist in it. And DiaperedRacer, the mans name is Aaron Stainthorpe. Cheers! :)

I'm more into Thrash, myself, but I love almost all Metal!

W.A.S.P., early Anthrax, Keator, Overkill (shocked they haven't been mentioned yet), Watchtower, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Annihilator, Exodus... The list goes on and on.

I'm more into Thrash, myself, but I love almost all Metal!

W.A.S.P., early Anthrax, Keator, Overkill (shocked they haven't been mentioned yet), Watchtower, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Annihilator, Exodus... The list goes on and on.

W.A.S.P are one of my favorite bands, and I love their first four albums + Kill Fuck Die. Megadeths first three albums are good as well. Piece of Mind is Maidens best me thinks. I`ve heard Annihilators first one, and it was decent, not outstanding though. There is some good tunes on Kreators Pleasure to Kill, but prefer Coma of Souls. By the way, have any of you listened to a german band named Scanner? I listened to their first album at a mates place in my metal-infancy, but I cannot remember the title of the album?

there are so many bands out there in metal it's insane. And the crazy part is I could adore a band A. Necare could adore band B. both bands could sound identical but I could hate band B and him band A. That's the beautiful thing about metal. It's not just the sound, it's what gives you that chill up your spine, what gets you jumping on furniture playing air guitar(arch enemy and trivium for me lately :P . So remember, don't shit on a band just because you don't like them, one mans trash(atreyu) is another mans treasure(childen of Bodom). and one more thing, Friends don't let friends play rap-metal :band: