LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Oh Heck ! Diaper Rash.

Forget baking soda in the bath, try salt water in the bath instead as that disinfects the skin better.

And as your status says your incontient, your have to find a decent rash cream AND barrier cream to use and change after EVERY wetting until the rash has gone.

It comes with the territory, I guess. I have pretty sensitive skin myself, so it's not uncommon for me to get some sort of rash on almost a weekly basis.

I was actually going to start a topic, but this thread came along at an opportune time.

Does anyone know of a good alternative to Desitin? It's the only product I've used that actually WORKS for quickly clearing up my rashes. Unfortunately, I don't really dig smelling like a beached cod in the sun (primary ingredient being cod liver oil).

Has anyone had equally decent results with another product that is less "aromatic"? I'm not kidding: I seriously have to shoo away my pet cats every time I smear on some Desitin. It's really that bad...

bepanthin cream ( I hope I spelled it right the tube is in the other room) is what I usually use, but I must have missed a couple of square inch's. I'm usually so thorough.

Rash has died down now, just slightly red, not the raised angry redness of yesterday.

Is that over the counter or prescription? I haven't told anyone I'm wearing diapers on a relatively full-time basis, so I'd like to avoid spilling the beans to a doctor if possible.

As detailed here:

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=31008&hl=&fromsearch=1

I get this skin irritation that annoys the crap out of me. It doesn't take long, usually if I wear a diaper more than one day in a row, and I'm only wearing them for a few hours at night total. Seems to have nothing to do with wetness as it happens with dry diapers just as much as wet. It's just some sort of friction irritations I guess. I still am not totally sure what the problem is.

I have found the following helps

- Don't sit, either lay on my stomach or walk around. Sitting or laying on my back seems to make it much worse. Even just sitting for a few minutes.

- Baby powder seems to help reduce the effects.

- Burt's Bees rash cream seems to help it go away, but I hate using it because of the smell and the sticky feeling

- More so than rash cream, very very counterintuitively, wearing my normal tight underwear and jeans helps it go away faster. If I end up working from home for a week just wearing loose pajamas it doesn't get better. I suspect because the PJ's move around a lot more causing more friction.

It's just trial and error for me, as I haven't run across anyone with this specific problem. It's not a rash as there's no redness at all. My skin just feels hyper sensitive and hurts when any sort of additional friction is applied to it. The feeling I can most readily compare it to is freshly shaven skin, particularly if you haven't shaved for awhile.

I often wear cloth diapers & plastic panties for 2 or 3 days straight. I have found to prevent diaper rash, I need to use baby oil or Gerber diaper lotion. And I definitely recommend air out time.