LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Planning On Watching Uefa 2012? Thank You For Supporting The Mass Slaughter Of Stray Harmless Animals!

• 3 weeks later...

God this is awful, I always watch the major football tournaments, Euro, World cup ect...ect...

I volunteer with a dog charity and hope when I finish University to start my own, I'm not squeamish but that's...

Urrggghhh, why does football always seem to get rapped up in this horrible stuff...

so for those of us who can't watch this clip would someone please you know like... give a synopsis...????

Sure here is a news article from France 24, http://observers.france24.com/content/20120113-ukraine-stray-dogs-sacrificed-euro-2012-football-championship-despite-killing-ban .

Healthy but stray dogs are being culled because it "looks" nicer to people watching the euro 2012.

ok.... so yes... instead they should take those dogs and spend how much money feeding them and giving them health care, only to have no one to take them.. and then they spend more money to hire people to man the shelter and maintain the shelter and feed them and care for them and spend all this money.. but no no its ok that humans are dying...

I am against intentional animal cruelty... but not sure i can see the justification of spending all that money to take care of stray animals instead of using that money for other means.... hosting a uefa game means tourism, which means money in the economy which helps the entire community....

Because yes, the ukraine can afford to spend that much money on dogs when its own people are living in horrific poverty....

I mean how many people can afford to rescue that dog in the ukraine and then WANT to rescue a stray dog?

sorry its awful.. poor stray dogs... i'm not condoning killing them.. but watching uefa is not supporting this practice... I have a gasoline powered car does this mean that every time i use my car i am inadvertanly supporting the degradation of women in saudi arabia? because you know oil... muslim practices.. women treated like shit? Nope, I"m not.... so i'm going to continue watching uefa, and i'm going to continue driving my car knowing i am not contributing to either of these awful things that are happening, and realize.. its not like people are going around rounding up others pets.. I mean we kill flies and mosquitos and put out mouse and rat traps in restaurants so people will go and not be upset.. and we don't freak out about that....

People gonna protest... for prostesting sake... after this story is old news they are going to move on again.. sorta like them freaking out when obama killed a fly, and now the use of beetles for red dye in food...

To be fair, I understand your points and reasoning, but animals are being burnt alive according to some sources is still..., I'm still gonna watch the euro because I like football, but surely there should be at least some humane practice involved in this.

Its not the first time this has happened, the Olympics in Greece, Italy has done it before I believe too, and not all animals can be saved, when the population of feral animals spirals unfortunately this happens but I wish that humane practice was implemented and more care was put in place to ensure animals didn't suffer.

Also I believe Ukraine isn't so under-developed that they couldn't afford humane practice, my old next door neighbor went back to Ukraine as he could get as good benefits as over here in the UK for his circumstance, though I'm comparing a personal experience and couldn't back it up with any reports or anything.

Before I speak further, I apologise for not providing a synopsis or a mirror.

To be fair, I understand your points and reasoning, but animals are being burnt alive according to some sources is still..., I'm still gonna watch the euro because I like football, but surely there should be at least some humane practice involved in this.

Its not the first time this has happened, the Olympics in Greece, Italy has done it before I believe too, and not all animals can be saved, when the population of feral animals spirals unfortunately this happens but I wish that humane practice was implemented and more care was put in place to ensure animals didn't suffer.

Also I believe Ukraine isn't so under-developed that they couldn't afford humane practice, my old next door neighbor went back to Ukraine as he could get as good benefits as over here in the UK for his circumstance, though I'm comparing a personal experience and couldn't back it up with any reports or anything.

This post pretty much sums it up. Having thought further on it after seeing the link (month or so ago?) sarah does have a point, as does someone I know on another site. It's simply not feasible to help all the animals, yet the methods involved here are horrific. The fact Ukraine has a poorer economy than the ideal is irrelevant. You cannot justify animals being burned alive, killed with slow-acting poisons and (featured in the video) killed by being put in a trash compactor.

I think if they take the time to gather them all up and kill them, they should have eaten them. Seems like such a waste. An alternative would be to just set small groups of them free in the wild somewhere. Yeah, they may have a low probability of survival, but at least they have a fighting chance or at the very least, become a meal for another animal.

The thing that gets me is the stupidity of those who are complaining about this. They sink money and time into ads complaining about the killing of stray pets and the UEFA is this and the government is that (blah blah blah), but they provide no alternative. You cannot have too many stray pets on the streets as that is unsanitary. Knowing the number of people who attend these games, it would be a huge health risk. If they are that concerned about the well being of the animals they need to change the angle of their argument, which should be along the lines of urging people to adopt the animals or donate money to support them to get them off the streets. ASPCA here in the United States does a great job of doing that with their ads.