LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Taboo Factor

BoTox

In another discussion, we touched on the taboo factor of being a diaper lover. Where as an adult baby has a much more external component of their fetish, a diaper lover has much less external clue to the underwear choice.

I think DLs, like me, get a little charge out of the secret under our clothes. The naughtiness of it all is exciting. If you wet yourself in the grocery check out line, nobody knows and you've gotten away with something you were taught NOT to do from a very young age. Rebellion of the most primal type!

Anyone else feel this way?

Yep!

I had some fun the other day, and got in on the "taboo" action. I walked a few miles down to the pier to meet up with some friends. I decided on-the-fly to pad up and walk. I didn't choose the best diaper to walk with (Abena Abri-Form M4), but I did. Took a while to stop waddling.

Anyway, I went to a restaurant, ordered some food and sat with them. The urge to wet appeared, so I went along with it. It was nice. I didn't feel like I was imposing or causing an inconvenience for anyone.

Being a DL is what I call an "invisible" fetish because nobody knows or has to know that you're wearing. It's something you experience on your own. Of course, there's always humiliation, but that's another ball of twine.

The invisible fetish, how appropriate. So many other fetishes hinge around being exhibitionist that we just tend to get quietly left behind in mind share. I've always been an under-the-radar kind of guy so that suits me just fine.

I like an Abena and a Molicare for really soaking it up but my every day diaper is an ATN or a Sam's Club cheap cloth covered. Stealth is primary among my motives.

I think that is the idea behind a lot of other behavior. I too like the "naughtiness' factor of doing that to others is "socially unacceptable' :P wearing a diaper and using it at will is a bit of a rush, though I have to admit I have been doing it for so long that it's almost 2nd nature :whistling: I go to hobby shops while wearing and relieve what ever pressures I maybe experiencing while browsing :blush: or I run errands to the bank or do shopping etc, and pee my way around town. It's both fun and relaxing and save time looking for a %$#@! bathroom....and of coarse there is the .."I[m doing something that most people around me would find very revolting...or get really grossed out at" feeling :thumbsup:

I find this to be most true if I am wearing cloth diapers ;) I don't know why, but it just does. Disposables are discreet and such, and I guess it's kind of 'expected' in some way, but cloth seems more 'daring' :o and just feels better *shrug* maybe more 'real' ..I don't know.

I have worn molicares (supers and super plus') and abena X's under my jeans or

shorts with out repercussion, and 'bulky' cloth prefold under larger jeans with the same results...so it's just a great and invisible way to have fun :D ... in a socially unacceptable and gross way :P

Heh. You mentioned public restrooms. I've rarely used public restrooms. I would turn my bladder into a steel trap when I went out of the house. I was disgusted by the public restrooms, yet I wore diapers and used them. While it sounds like a "gross" oxymoron, the fact of the matter was that I was comfortable with my own waste. It's what I was used to.

I know, I would rather sit in my own bodily products rather than be exposed to someone elses *GAG* I hate it when I sit to use a public toilet and find that some brainless ass peed all over the seat instead of having the sense to lift it FIRST! :badmood: now I have his pee all over my butt! and I have to take a frigging shower....GAH!

I'll wear diapers and happily use them instead, thank you very much...*shudders*

and have fun doing it! :P

• Like 1

I never sit in public toilets so that isn't a problem for me but I avoid using them every chance I get.

About the only place I hate to wear a diaper is if I'm going to be walking/hiking much. It can really irritate eventually. I've tried powder, overpants and other things with little luck so far.

I like wearing out and about, but my biggest problem is I ALWAYS forget to bring a change :blush: I'll be out longer then I planned or something else and it gets to the point that my diaper is soaked......I don't have any thing else to fall back on. I end up using the restroom to save what capacity is in the diaper 'm wearing...unless its a dry 24/7, then those are impossible to fill up :P but I don't wear those out in public either......well, I did once, on my trip last year to Monterey. I was wearing over sized cargo shorts, so they hid it well, but I never did get to fill the thing up....it just kept soaking everything up and looking like nothing happened....Annoying! :glare:

I have had lots of fun with the taboo factor. I have always enjoyed making it a bit obvious that I was diapered without being in your face about it. I like the added bulk of a diaper under shorts or jeans and that tell tail bulge that tells everyone around in no uncertain terms that he must be wearing a diaper. Just another rush I get wearing a diaper out in public. wee all know that the percentages are high that even if someone notices that I am wearing a diaper, seldom if ever will anyone ever say any thing about it.

I wanted to add a little more to the above post but had hit the post button too soon. Another note about purchasing diapers in public. I often would put my package of Attends on the seat beside me in full view in anticipation that someone might look over at a traffic light and see them in my car.

I believe we are hardest upon ourselves.

Diapers, especially adult diapers, are a legitimate, legal product - with a HUGE market - for a legitimate need.

That we DLs choose to feel they are "taboo" just because we choose to wear them and use them - and most of us go through the normal, typical guilt and self-loathing over it - it's more OUR issue than anyone else's, even if someone else does spot a visible diaper line or the bulk beneath our outer clothing. It's OUR choice to be diapered, and "outsiders" - since there has been so much advertising with Attends and Depends - will assume that our diapers are for need.

Personally, I think it's just plain wrong, for the thrill aspect, to foist MY "thing" onto others, especially the unsuspecting. Many in our community always hope for discovery and some comment.

Mostly, we need to chill and just enjoy our "thing"...

• Like 1

I have never ever tried to involve the unsuspecting in any of my actions. When i shop, I shop as an incontinent person, hinting at nothing more than the need for adequate protection because though I do not need it, I do want good protection.

I agree, we should not try to involve those not into it in any way. Simple not something I even consider any more than I'd consider flashing someone on the street. It just isn't proper.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know, I would rather sit in my own bodily products rather than be exposed to someone elses *GAG* I hate it when I sit to use a public toilet and find that some brainless ass peed all over the seat instead of having the sense to lift it FIRST! :badmood: now I have his pee all over my butt! and I have to take a frigging shower....GAH!

I'll wear diapers and happily use them instead, thank you very much...*shudders*

and have fun doing it! :P

Depends where I go..... public toilets ARE gross mostly. I seen everything from blocked sinks into nightclubs fill to the brim with puke. Really fucking GROSS that was...

Blocked toilets with shit in them, even on the seat, walls and floor. Also seen used condoms and needles in some really dodgy pub toilets a few times.

Makes me think I should really wear diapers when out, just afraid if my friends find out. Maybe I could try a thin- high SAP content cloth-backed diaper like the Molicare super soft medium.

Only dead giveaway in public would be the potential strong stale pee smell of it, and arousal I get off wearing diapers.

I guess I could drink much more fluid, but if I had to change it... my friends would think it was mighty strange that I used a disabled toilet, and would get no end of nosey questions asked.

And as for the arousal, the only thing which really reduced me in the past was drinking booze when I went to the ABC club years ago once, it stopped me getting super horny and ermmmm a boner, but since I don't drink anymore..... Wearing in public WOULD be a problem....

The only other time I wear in public if it counts is on very long car journeys with mum, and I might pop into a service station with it on to get a mc donalds or so.

Never yet..... changed in public though. I don't see the need as I always pick the most absorbent ones for very long car journeys.

And I don't give a flying fuck if they see my nappy bulge if it's ONLY random people at a service station, NOT friends....

Had to ermmmmm get off in the disabled toilet sometimes when too horny though, LMFAO..... Couldn't do it in the car LOL....

• Like 1

Public changes are easy if you are not in an environment with familiar people. I've changed in public toilets, air plane lavs and even on a train once. All with no issues.

@Itchy Tasty- congrats on controlling your alcohol intake :thumbsup: Many here are with us on that journey B) As to the 'other problem', have you ever tried long term wearing? Your perception of a diaper being 'special' can change when it becomes the norm, which might solve that issue for you. What little fetish factor I felt was gone in a couple months after I went 24/7 :blush: Based on how much 'touch' is involved with your friends, wearing around them need not be a problem with a discreet choice of diapers ;)

Nearly 3 years into this myself and none of my close friends or family know or suspect a thing. I do have my planned excuse ready to go if it's needed. I've thought about exactly how and what will be said for each person and persons in every situation I find myself in. So far I haven't had to say a word bit it helps my confidence knowing my excuse is there if I need it :D Fear limits life too much for me so I choose to respect dangers and prepare for them, but to not fear them. An outlook like this makes the whole world look different and better for you :girl_happy:P

Bettypooh

• 2 weeks later...