LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

For Those With "No Hips"

Horndog

I have a peculiar situation. I have a waist, but there are no natural curves. My waist is like a straight line down. This is a hereditary issue. I have a problem with diapers like I do with regular pants: they simply slide down. When I wear a belt, for instance, my pants slide down even though my belt is fully tightened. The only diapers that work for me, at the moment, are ones with an elastic waistband. What are the best, most absorbent diapers that you know can fit around people with no curved waist? Otherwise, I have to diaper all the way up to my belly button, but now that I'm losing weight around there, I can't even do that anymore.

Well, it must be nice to be so thin ;)

Anyways, there are 2 points on your body to consider with diaper sizing and such, tha is your waist and then your 'hips'

Your waist is the area just above your hip bone, if you feel around you can find it on the side. Diapers fit best when the rest just above that area, which becomes your waist. It is the hip bone that holds them up. If your wearing cloth, then you pin at that area and they stay up :) if not, then they slide down when they get wet of heavy (full) and that creates issues.

You probably have narrow hips, which are hard to find sometimes, and this is true with us being guys. Ladies have more ample and pronounced 'hips' but thats because they need them for those child bearing years.

Anyways, give that a shot, poke around until you find your hip bone on each side, and pin / tape in that area.

I'm kind of long waisted, and also in between sizes (mediums and larges)but I try and keep the hip bone in mind when wearing. I have some cloth diapers that fit really well, and some disposables that don't fit at all. It's kind of frustrating, but I'm happy with cloth....as long as they fit :blush:

• Like 1

I myself am a thin person. but I do have hips or at least a hip bone area as duck described. You yourself must have the same area as you say diapers with waistbands stay up. They must be finding or better yet laying within that area. I have never found a diaper with a waistband of much use as the very slight amount that they do "grip" isn't enough to actually hold a diaper up. It is most important that the top tape of the diaper ride at least on or better yet above the actual waste.

One does not need to pull the top tape to extreme to leave a mark but it should be snug enough to slightly compress the skin in a bid to grab into the hip/waist area. While some people find taping of diapers a topic of discussion on proper way. I have always found snugging the diaper up front to back then equally taping the diaper on the bottom tapes first and then lightly pulling upwards by both the front then back to set the diaper all the way up. Then to pull with a medium pressure up and across to fasten the top tapes.

Personally I use Molicare diapers and they have a unique built in stretch into the diaper that only goes across and not vertical this to me makes the whole diaper a giant waistband. Molicare diapers on me tend to be low rise, and as such the top tapes ride just at my hip bone and not above the actual waist. But because of the stretch, they tend to form a waistband of sorts above that bone and seal the diaper all around with a snug fit throughout the diaper all around my diaper area.

It is hard to say what is causing your problems, as we all have different body shapes and you just might be SOL, as you say even your normal pants with a belt slide down...not making fun of you mind you. But it has been my observation that others with your problem have resorted to using suspenders to keep pants up. Now that would be silly with a diaper, but as I see it your only option is a onsie type garment that holds the diaper up and in place. Best of luck with your endeavors. :)

Same here. I have a big belly and not much in the way of hips. My pants have a tendency to slide down if I don't really tighten my belt, which then puts too much pressure on my abdomen. I've taken to wearing suspenders along with my belt (just dosn't look right without a belt) and I can loosen my belt and still keep my pants up. I have yet to try wearing suspenders on just a diaper since I don't walk around the house in just a diaper, but I have to wonder if suspenders will work on a diaper to help hold it up! might look funny wearing just a diaper with suspenders on it though.

It's a peculiar problem. I wrote a thread about a month and a half ago about medium-sized diapers that didn't feel like mediums; that they seemed larger than what was advertised. Well, I've tried a few diapers, but even if I adjust the tapes in the same way as Repaid1 suggested, the diaper slides down my waist. I'm thinking of going with a onesie-type shirt.