LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What?, Talk To The Shrink? - Why!?

Hope placement of this post is o.k.

Don't get it - all of a sudden NOW I am suppose to talk to my shrink about the AB stuff?

I have yet to tell he anything at all really, and at NO point did I nor do I plan it it (I feel like I am being pushed, but still standing firm with forget it!-Well, MAYBE if he want to come to my house without any sort of recording device so it 200% off the record and in a totally social setting!).

But basically the sole reason I have him at all is to get scripts for anxiety medication, and he knows it - so when I do go there basically the scripts are already filled out, he just dates and sings them, and I'm on my way, the paperwark to say I was there takes longer than what we actually do (how long dose it take to write in a date, sign your name, and hand someone a peice of paper?). And that is SOLELY because my primary care physician wouldn't anymore. THE only other thing he EVERY did was a substance abuse evaluation at my primary doctors request because she panicked because she smelled due to smelling canibus on my cloths, and that shink told her point blank (I was in his office when he called my primary) "No problem in that area other than pure desperation to revive pain".

SO I am suppose to go from all he is doing is writing scripts and confirming that there is no substance abuse issues - to spilling it all, why?

Although I gota say yes there is a problem I guess, I mean to me it seems perfectly reasonable, but I know for a fact it is not going with "normal" people, but I don't see how ANY doctor can help there. The problem is I don't trust the security of medical records, therefor quite intentionally want as little as possiible on them - and ESPECIALLY nothing that would show any sort of a physiological profile. I know the privacy laws - but please don't get me started there - because the fact is, I don't care what the law is, I care would can be done IF you ignore that there are any laws of any kind.

And believe it or not - the whole thing with Osama BinLadden made this even worst! - What dose Osama have to do with that? - Simple - Despite the fact that I did not know Osama, or ANY of the BinLaddens, but I did know that Osama had Kidney problems - just the fact that that information was available to anyone to tell the press, so the press could tell me says to me medical records are NOT private, and if they are not private enough to ensure that even the US CIA CAN NOT obtain any information from it under any circomstances no matter what they do (I am including a break in to a doctors record valt) I just don't trust it - I would trust it more if I personally held THE ONLY copy.

Sorry, but that is my dilemma with the records (I really also HATE the fact that the DEA gets a copy of every script written - I just feel there that unless you are treating something, it is none of your business what drugs I take, how much of it, or why.), and totally don't understand where that came from in the first place..

OK, Red, here it goes.

Your primary care phys is worried that you may have a substance abuse problem - you ONLY go to the shrink for scrips - and you are a little paranoid (I'm not condemning you, just rephrasing what you've already said). Yes, you're not paranoid if they really are out to get you, but hey, sorry, I don't think people care about you as much as Osama. Yup, people were out to get him - but even if information does get out as you say (and I have no idea about that) - are they out to get you or is this a bureaucratic overreach? Your anxiety clearly shows up here as well.

It probably is that you have anxiety and I'm not going to try to be your shrink here. If your goal is to keep the status quo - hope the meds take care of your issues (which it doesn't sound like) and keep your secrets secret, then don't tell your shrink anything - about anything. Just tell him all you want are your meds. Try that. Maybe it'll work. It did for Michael Jackson, I guess, but do you have a doctor in your pocket?

If you want to DEAL with your anxieties and see if you can decrease them with a combination of meds and therapy (which I believe is the more recommended approach) then talk to the shrink. DON'T bring up the AB issue unless it starts to feel tied in with your anxieties. Talk about where you thinnk those anxieties come from. If the AB stuff is intimately tied in, then go there. Do you really think there are going to be news headlines out there saying you wear diapers? Are you going to apply for a job and be refused because you talked to your shrink about AB stuff?

If you fear all this that much, then I suspect you DO need to deal with your anxieties and in a big way.

Yes, the govt is collecting far, far too much information on us. We'd all better stop using our computers, cell phones, landlines, etc because it is quite likely that govt at least CAN tap into any of that information. I'm not sure where medical info might go, but it is a little scarier that doctors are starting to put our records on computers. Your identity can be hacked - your SSN, etc. What are you going to do? Go live in a cave?

Your best bet is to find a shrink you can trust. If you don't feel safe with this one, find another. If you don't feel safe with ANY shrink, try to recognize that that is not very common and that maybe you really do have a problem you should want to deal with. Hey, after 60+ years, I got pushed into therapy and while I'm still kind of lost, I'm starting to find my way. I spilled my guts about diapers, etc but the shrink just shrugs and we only deal with it as I see it a part of what I need to talk about. He just doesn't care.

Yeah, I've had thoughts - will he take all those notes and publish a book about me? As long as he doesn't use my real name, why should I care as long as my life is getting better as a result of being there.

All I can say, Red, is good luck with these issues. They are very real and you do need to deal with them. It really is up to you what you do.

Usually when a person goes to a doctor or a therapist or a professional something, they don't just let you introduce yourself and the automatically write out a script for you! The reality is that if I go to one of these I hope they would be trying to help me with whatever I had. It is protocol for them to assess what you tell them as a reason for giving you any kind of drug as a solution. From what you have posted it appears that you have other issues to deal with. other than whether or not you wear diapers

Many anxiety medications are classified as schedule I or II controlled substances meaning they have potentially dangerous side effects and addictive qualities. For that reason it is all doctors responsibility to ensure medication is the last resort for treatment. They also have to ensure you truly need them and arent looking for a high or drugs to sell. Its nothing against you or any other patients but its their responsibility. I'm confused as to the relavence of Osama Bin Laden to your medical issues though. Either way, it probably wouldn't hurt to talk to your doc. You may learn something about yourself or find a new way to handle your problems. Good luck :)

Well, it's not really a case of the diapers - that is a actual incontinence issue anyway - but suddenly I am getting pushed to speak up - and it's true that no one is going to care as much about me as they did Osama (and I realize that is true weather you are just an average Joe or actually one of his "Soldiers", but it's just proves lack of privacy (That is where Osama comes it, really not having to do with him speciffically, it's the fact that at least part of his medical history was made public knowlage, when as far as I am concerned ALL medical information should NEVER go any farther than the person with the problem, and those directly involved in treating it, that fact that it has been proven over and over again not to be the case.......

And yes I know Docs have to be carefully, but the Meds was not the problem anyway, at all - as I pointed out, that shrink has been doing that anyway, it's just of all things to mention the whole AB thing (not diapers). And it dose seem like a lot of Medical issues I end of basically taking care of myself anyway (with lots of research, back and forth with Doctors to be able to get certain tests done (and I always insist on a copy for myself, so I can also be looking things up - and yes, even though I do not have a medical degree, I do know what most of it means, and what I don't - I know how to find out pretty easily. And usually I at least have a direction to head for well before the actual doctor dose - probably because I literally have all day to look up things for just one person (me) as opposed to attempting to do several with different problems.

I don't know, it's just seeing all the crap - and then getting hit with that, when the one doing it is well aware of how I feel about the whole privacy thing. Well, we will see, if I am lucky, it will be dropped before I go back there anyway.

Also, whoever said it (gotta hurry yet ANOTHER medical test soon) - You CAN NOT actually get a script for a Schedule 1 substance - those are drugs that federally are considered to have no medical value at all - in a few states, a Doctor can Recommend a particular Schedule 1 substance, but not actually prescribe it - and that will keep the patent out of leagle trouble if caught in that state, but don't cross state lines with it, AND a federal agent CAN still get you (although the President has instructed them not to if in compliance with state law) Schedule one substances include stuff like Heroine, Lysergic Acid Dytholimide (LSD), and believe it or not Marijuana (this Schedule drug has basically nothing to do with potental addiction, it's weather on not it is federally considered to have a medical use or not. Your Schedule 2 drugs (I think that is what you really meant) are one considered to have ligit medical use, but also considered to be highly physically addictive, this would be stuff like Morphine, Cocaine (it is an EXTREMELY good local anasteadic), exc. (NOTE: that is there definition, leaving at least me to wonder just why than is Tobacco not under the Schedule 1 classification - I mean I do use it, but I don't know of even one person anywhere that even claimed a medical benefit from tobacco).

actually the nih has been conducting studies about health benefits from nicotine it is known to help reduce anxiety and supress appetite....

and also osama was treated in a completely different country ... privacy laws are not universal.... and what about the health of the president? much of that is public knowledge...

a psychiatrist can only prscribe medication for so long to someone unwilling to talk at all about their problems... how else will the dr know if the dosage is right or the medication needs to be cbanged

a psychiatrist can only prscribe medication for so long to someone unwilling to talk at all about their problems... how else will the dr know if the dosage is right or the medication needs to be cbanged

Something tells me you are mis-understanding something - or I have not explained it well enough, one of the two, so let me try it this way:

The doctor is not pushing anything at all...He is perfectly fine with me just popping in grabing the script and leaving, provided there aren't any problems, like it seems like it isn't working at that dose any more, or whatever. But basically IF I am going to need/want actual time, I need to let them know that, other wise they EXPECT me to just take the script and go.

It is one of just a few people that know me personally (not just online) and all about the AB stuff pushing it! Don't understand why now, out of seemingly nowhere....

So, no that had nothing to do with the Doctor himself, he is fine with it the way it is, and has recently even started having me come back less often - that means refills (for those taking notes that mean that medication has got to be at least a Schedule 3 substance, because Schedule 2s by federal law can only have a one month supply on each script, and must be a paper script not electronic, olso dated and signed when actually given) - it is one other person - sorry for the confusion....

.... but schedule 2 can be prezcribed for 90 days at a time but no refills

OOoopppppssss - I stand corrected (yes I just actually looked up the law in a separate tab), I don't know why I kept thinking 30 days...Unless maybe because thats the most of them I have ever had at once??...Then again that "30 day supply" usually ended up lasting about 90 days, sometimes more......

Well, anyway the point is, you are correct....Sorry all....

Well, it's not really a case of the diapers

LMAO :roflmao:

I'm sorry, just pictured Lumbergh wearing a diaper.

Guy drinks enuff coffee.

its a type, a common one.. same with hte and teh for the.... its not intentional.

As for the schedule II thing, no worries, was just clarifying.. I get a 90 supply of my schedule II... although let me tell you... the one time in five years I put in the refill request 1 week early ... and not even because I had ran out, it was just the first time in 5 years i remembered to call in the refill BEFORE i ran out, and the pharmacy had a hissy fit!

my dr had absolutely no problem ordering the refill, and even emailed to see if i needed to up the dose, just the pharmacy freaked out!!!!

Under HIPAA the fact you were diapers for ANY reason up to you..

If it came out that you wear diapers the reason is still covered under HIPAA and you do not have to give a reason to anyone that you don't want to.

If someone out side the medical profession finds out you can lie without them being able to prove you are. And you can question where they got the information in court if necessary. In court the judge would not even allow them to question you about if the information is true or not.

If they don't get the idea bring up the laws under HIPAA

In my case i don't need diapers but have urgency so they do come in handy. being a diabetic and having to pee often does not help ether.

I have at least two types of neuropathy and if you do a google search "neuropathy incontinence"

you find that you can have incontinence caused by neuropathy.

For me its not a problem as its a great cover for being a DL.

By the way i wear depends underwear to my doctors when i go in for treatment

and if they ask i tell them its because of the urgency problem.

There's a lot of cloudy stuff being thrown around here. If the basic question revolves around following the advice of one friend saying you should talk to your shrink about ABDL, why are you placing so much importance on it and why were you not able to communicate this clearly?

I'm trying not to be critical, but I'm trying to understand what your point is - if in fact you have one and weren't just venting with your OP.

As someone above mentioned, if someone is noticing a change in you, you might talk to that person about what they are seeing in you and how they feel about it. Then if YOU feel its an issue to be worked on, then YOU can decide to bring it to the shrink. And in my opinion, I repeat, if you are really fearing so much revealing any personal information to a shrink, I think ironically, you really need to be revealing something to a shrink.

And again, good luck.

and what about the health of the president? much of that is public knowledge...

Only so far. We do not know what prescription medication he is taking, we don't know if he used Chantix to quit smoking(we just know he did), but we know his health is good, but we do not know his daily exercise regime if he has one.

I meet with a therapist every 2-4 weeks and aside from acknowledging I have a kink and run a group for fellow kinksters, my therapist has neevr pushed the subject, asked about it or anything of the sorts. My therapist does not record anything we say on anything but paper and most of the time it is more response and suggestion. Though I don't take psychiatric meds so I can't speak from that stand point.