LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena Stopping Plastic Backed Nappies?

Just wondered if anyone or DailyDi had heard that Abena are stopping the plastic backed Abri-Form next year?

Apparently it's come out of one of the suppliers in Germany that they are stopping them in 2012?? I know it's the usual topic that has come up before, but has anyone else heard anything at all?

I read the actually post on another board and its all speculation with no guarantee its going to happen. I think it would be foolish for a company to go down the cloth back way as most people who wear are either bed bound or with severe mental disabilities, they aren't bothered if they are wearing plastic backed nappies.....

I recently bought the cloth-back M4s, and they're barlye different. In fact, it's the same plastic diaper with a thin extra layer of fabric over it to muffle the crinkling sound. The sides are cloth, to stretch and breath. My only beef is that after a couple of hours the sides stretch out and the lower tapes start slipping. I like mine tight, so that might just be my problem.

• 3 weeks later...

It would be annoying but.... Abenas tend to clump easy, there's plenty of better plastic backed nappies out there that beat them like Bambinos or Tena slip maxi.

There is an update about this on the Xp medical page, I post the link below. It seems they are wanting to switch to a different outer shell (cloth like) to suit a 'larger market" what ever that is but have reconsidered changing the M-4 &L-4 (X-plus) and retain the plastic outer shell.....for now. They aren't sure and will have more info around mid 2012. Personally, like many, I lke the plastic outer shell, I just wish they would do away with all th e blue ink graphics on the silly thing and leave them mostly white, but thats just me. I have tried the cloth like ones and wasn't impressed. The big thing for me was the use of sticky adhesive tapes on a cloth ike outer surface, where a hook and loop type fastening system would have worked a LOT better. :thumbsup: I have worn this type of item before and they work a LOT better then tapes. The tapes load up with 'fuzz' from the outer surface and soon become worthless. Anyways, the nice this is the people at Abena do seem to listen and are taking things into consideration with regards to changes to the Abena line, and the M-4 and L-4 in particular.

http://www.xpmedical.com/plasticbacked.html

• Like 1

I've just heard that Tenna are moving from plastic to cloth type outers. :crybaby:

I can't recall ever seeing a Tena here in the US with a plastic backing. Haven't any actually been sold in recent years as such?

There is an update about this on the Xp medical page, I post the link below. It seems they are wanting to switch to a different outer shell (cloth like) to suit a 'larger market" what ever that is but have reconsidered changing the M-4 &L-4 (X-plus) and retain the plastic outer shell.....for now. They aren't sure and will have more info around mid 2012. Personally, like many, I lke the plastic outer shell, I just wish they would do away with all th e blue ink graphics on the silly thing and leave them mostly white, but thats just me. I have tried the cloth like ones and wasn't impressed. The big thing for me was the use of sticky adhesive tapes on a cloth ike outer surface, where a hook and loop type fastening system would have worked a LOT better. :thumbsup: I have worn this type of item before and they work a LOT better then tapes. The tapes load up with 'fuzz' from the outer surface and soon become worthless. Anyways, the nice this is the people at Abena do seem to listen and are taking things into consideration with regards to changes to the Abena line, and the M-4 and L-4 in particular.

http://www.xpmedical...sticbacked.html

How can the M4 contain full capacity with a cloth like lining? Also, cloth lining would be far less satisfying!

I read the XP Medical-posed release, and I'm pretty much convinced theyre going to switch to cloth-backed on everything but the XPlus lines, no matter what the outcry.

And people, when a company says they're "going to switch" it takes a good while to get them to market. Theyre probably going to start rolling them out in the next 6 months.

Frankly, I am pretty sure they are going to ignore the wishes of their customers. Tomorrow, I'm calling my state Medicaid and having them start shipments of Attends, after that, I am going to be calling XP Medical and cancelling my standing rotating order. Why should I pay for a product that is made by a company that is going to ignore my wishes and the wishes of many incontinent people, not all, but many still, regard cloth-backed diapers as tantamount to the Plague.

In my opinion, honestly, as a faithful Abena wearer for the past 4 months and would have been happy to have gone with them forever as long as they had product improvements, this is a regression in product quality, I wore M1s on mooglelove's recommendation, and one of the most aggravating things I soon found out about the diapers is some of them do not have an elasticized waistband. Today I got a case of M2s, and am going to be looking at each one as I put it on, to see if their inconsistency goes to other products too.

What am I going to do when there is no more plastic bak\cking. I am a machinist so I have a lot of fricton between diaper and legs. The plastic if great cloth like is a problem. I think a class action lawsuit may need to be filed for us active diaper wearers being ignored.

Here in the UK, they are still plastic backed, which I like. But soon to be no more :huh:

How soon? :( Tena slip maxi are great!!!! Tena slip ultima didn't feel the same being cloth covered on the outside.

I think a class action lawsuit may need to be filed for us active diaper wearers being ignored.

File it after the use of the deficient new product for health demage, wet spots on your clothes or car seat. Diapers are supposed to be waterproof with no leaks.

Kvetinka