sadly, the ultima is cloth-like

its thicker than the maxi and only got the yellow line, no purple color

so its not completly white, but the yellow line isnt that noticeable

the tape landing zone is plastic

ima try it out tonight...

• 3 weeks later...

only used 1 yet cause i just hate the cloth diapers

its similar to the maxi, just thicker and with cloth *yuck*

im also between sizes, where large is to big (imo) and medium is slightly to small, but it fits great, with plastic, with cloth the lower tapes hits the cloth, wich isnt that good..

wings seemed smaller too, like they added the extra padding, but didnt increase the wings

maxi is good enough for me so aslong as it stays with plastic ill stay with it too

only used 1 yet cause i just hate the cloth diapers

its similar to the maxi, just thicker and with cloth *yuck*

im also between sizes, where large is to big (imo) and medium is slightly to small, but it fits great, with plastic, with cloth the lower tapes hits the cloth, wich isnt that good..

wings seemed smaller too, like they added the extra padding, but didnt increase the wings

maxi is good enough for me so aslong as it stays with plastic ill stay with it too

Does the cloth leak? I know lots of people prefer plastic - I was traditional like that for many years - but if wearing regularly I've found cloth is more comfy and I've never had leak issues some people apparently have had.

It is odd though that Tena have a hybrid, with cloth and a plastic landing zone. Baby nappies have perfected velcro-like tapes and it is time that we saw a transfer of the great elasticated fastening methods that they enjoy.

One thing I hope the Ultima would achieve is the fast-wicking that Molicare super plus have... IMHO it is responsible for making the nappy hold so much more. After 8 hours (or overnight) in a Molicare the whole of the padding has absorbed, where as every other nappy I have tried leaks way before the back is even slightly wet, since the moisture never migrates significantly.

Finally, I too am between sizes medium and large. I've just been testing bambinos in medium and large and I can use both, but as with other nappies, I find large better for nights and around the house and I keep mediums for out-and-about. (Although practically I find Tena Flex or Abriwings best when active)

Tena does sell a Regular size diaper that's inbetween a M, and L. Can't find it at most places but www.fishershops.com sells them. Some of there regular sizes are purple in color! Check them out. I've enjoyed tena's for years. Great prices at website too.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really surprised that people here--and the AB/DL community as a whole--haven't embraced one of my favorite diapers, the Tena Stretch Ultra and Super. There have been a couple discussions here about the Stretch daipers, but not many.

These diapers are the most like baby diapers, with stretchy side panels and a single large Velcro (like) fastener. They fit well and snugly, and the Supers are even pretty bulky and absorbent. What's not to love?

Why is it that the AB/DL community hasn't picked these up?

-RMS

I'm really surprised that people here--and the AB/DL community as a whole--haven't embraced one of my favorite diapers, the Tena Stretch Ultra and Super. There have been a couple discussions here about the Stretch daipers, but not many.

These diapers are the most like baby diapers, with stretchy side panels and a single large Velcro (like) fastener. They fit well and snugly, and the Supers are even pretty bulky and absorbent. What's not to love?

-RMS

Simply put, if it's not white, crinkly, thick and with a baby print on it, then it's not babyish enough for most.

I'm with you though. Current baby diapers really don't have hardly any of the features of say the current Bambino which is said to be the abdl diaper. When's the last time a baby diaper looked like that??? Current diapers are almost all cloth covered, velcro tabs with strech, and different prints and colors all over the diaper, in, out and around, not just the "tape zone" which currently doesn't exist really on cloth covered diapers, it's anywhere. Go figure?

To be honest, I find the fit of them to be very poor. I take a medium diaper normally (30" waist) but the 'tapes' on a Tena Stretch S/M overlap each other by about two to three inches on me. Goodness only knows what they would be like on somebody at the bottom end of the normal 'small' size range.. Combined with the fact that the front wings are way too short to stay in place, the front padding of the diaper always starts shifting around and coming loose on me. This causes leaks even before they're approaching capacity. They're also a seriously nasty colour (pinky purple for S/M Ultra). I put up with that on Molicares because they're a decent-ish diaper but not these :P

If anything, Tena Stretch for me are a reminder of precisely why adult diapers should be two-tape :)

Simply put, if it's not white, crinkly, thick and with a baby print on it, then it's not babyish enough for most.

I'm with you though. Current baby diapers really don't have hardly any of the features of say the current Bambino which is said to be the abdl diaper. When's the last time a baby diaper looked like that??? Current diapers are almost all cloth covered, velcro tabs with strech, and different prints and colors all over the diaper, in, out and around, not just the "tape zone" which currently doesn't exist really on cloth covered diapers, it's anywhere. Go figure?

But AB/DLs don't want an upscaled babies nappy! They want what they remebered from their childhood, plastic backed, cute colours etc. But the main thing THE MAIN THING! we want is a well fitting nappy, that can absorb, and handly general use well. Oh shit! Bambinos seem to be a pretty decent adult nappy? Maybe thats why its popular? Personelly I think I'll be sticking to abena, they seem teh best out there.

Tena Slips are ok. They're not as good as x-plus's through.

Thanks for the replies, and I get that the Tenas aren't babyish in the same ways that the disposables of your childhoods were (I had cloth), but I still like 'em. They fit me great, and I need the discretion that the "cloth" cover brings. I just can't have a loud, crinkly diaper, which is okay since I'm not an AB.

The thing I really like about the Tena Supers (I'm justifying here, since I just bought a case) is that the bulk of the padding is in the crotch, where it doesn't show. So they can hold about 3-4 good wettings, but they don't get really obvious the way other Super Diapers do.

I do wish they had leak guards, but other than that . . .

-RMS

One thing I can't figure out is why most chain stores carry only the pull-up types of diapers when it comes to TENA. I honestly wish that stores would carry more than the "underwear" types and that they had more of a variety than Depend,TENA,Assurance,and Poise. I mean I know it's WalMart but still, There should be at least SOME variety within the stores. When I was a kid and started wearing again, I liked Depends because they actually held MORE than the current diapers of that time (that was in 1998-1999). The green color was cool also. Now Depends have really gone to shit because Kimberly-Clark wants to save money and sell the crappy diapers that used to be soo damned nice to wear. And Depends REALLY suck compared to 12 years ago (why's everything going to shit these days?)Tena's are all that bad and the styling is nice (now if they could improve the absorbency a bit and add leak guards then they'd be perfect!!) And Assurance well they're WORSE than Depends!! They have two sizes for the briefs (Large and Extra Large) and they hold less unless you double them up. And Poise I have no idea what they're like because I'm not a female. I've heard that Abenas are a good diaper but I've not tried them *yet*. I've tried Molicares and they're wonderful and comfy too!! I guess I'll have to see here soon.

But AB/DLs don't want an upscaled babies nappy! They want what they remebered from their childhood, plastic backed, cute colours etc. But the main thing THE MAIN THING! we want is a well fitting nappy, that can absorb, and handly general use well. Oh shit! Bambinos seem to be a pretty decent adult nappy? Maybe thats why its popular? Personelly I think I'll be sticking to abena, they seem teh best out there.

Tena Slips are ok. They're not as good as x-plus's through.

I'm about the same age as you but keep in mind, the younger generations here grew up wearing plastic or cloth backed diapers and now it's almost strictly cloth on retail shelves. I don't really think it all has to do with what you wore as a child because really, how many of us here remember being two or less and what we actually wore and on top of it remember the feeling and later wanted it replicated. I think a baby diaper when people think of them in their minds resembles an ABU or Bambino type diaper so that is what we want our diaper to be like. Personally, I actually remember the baby dry type diapers being used on family members and other kids I knew like the ones ABU has and that print actually but I wasn't the one wearing them at the time. ABU probably has the most "look a like" baby diaper but Bambino is more of a premium diaper that's a step or two up from any baby diaper you'd buy off the shelf and also is very babyish.

With all the pictures out there of adults wearing REAL baby diapers like Pampers 7 or pull-ups and goodnights even, and fitting into them, I think it'd be awesome if there was an adult diaper that was as realistic and just like those, cloth backed and all. Imagine if Pampers had a size 8, 9, 10 that were the same size as a S, M, L adult diaper. You know how many of us here would be buying them!!!! Even the critics of the cloth backed diapers would probably be knocking over displays trying to get them at the store.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys, question from Melbourne in Australia. Perhaps fellow Aussies can assist me or some others in the know. My latest purchase of Tena Slip "Feel Dry" addition has me concerned at the minimal amount of actual padding within. Is it just me or have they re-sized the amount of padding within? It seems less than what I remember of this product. Any assistance would be appreciated thanks.

Hey guys, question from Melbourne in Australia. Perhaps fellow Aussies can assist me or some others in the know. My latest purchase of Tena Slip "Feel Dry" addition has me concerned at the minimal amount of actual padding within. Is it just me or have they re-sized the amount of padding within? It seems less than what I remember of this product. Any assistance would be appreciated thanks.

I don't knowabout the feel dry but I wear tena slip maxi and I definitely concur that they have changed the amount of padding they incorporate into the nappys. There is no where near the amount of padding that they contained 18-24 months ago. I'm in UK by the way.

I don't knowabout the feel dry but I wear tena slip maxi and I definitely concur that they have changed the amount of padding they incorporate into the nappys. There is no where near the amount of padding that they contained 18-24 months ago. I'm in UK by the way.

Yeah it's a little frustrating <_<

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

have the European Tena Maxi gotten thinner lately?

just feels thinner than what im used too

it still hold about the same as before tho, im on my 3rd now and can go for as long as before so..

Sitting in my first Tena Slip Maxi, got a sample or two. Im a 38 inch waist and the medium fits well, but I have a large to try which will add a bit more bulk. I dont need nappies therefore bulk isnt an issue, not wet yet but im sure it will be great!

• 2 weeks later...