LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Few Questions About Daytime Diapers, 24/7

Hello fellow DLs, as the title states I have a few questions. I currently live in a two person apartment and am attending college - I'm ready to begin wearing "regularly". 24/7 is a bit of a stretch I think, unless somebody here can persuade me otherwise given my situation. Shipping is not an issue, I've ordered from xpmedical in the past and have no problems receiving packages discreetly. My main concern is that I'm a pretty slim guy, 32 inch waist and a couple inches over 6 foot, and I don't want to attract attention to myself with diaper butt or excessive crinkling, so any wardrobe tips you can provide would be grand.

-what would you recommend in a daytime diaper? I'm currently debating between the Abena M2 and M3 (with or without abri-let maxi boosters). I want something that can hold a "decent" amount of wettings, and I'd like to go as thick as possible without it being noticeable to the "general public", I don't want to subject anyone in my classes to my weirdness, and I have no intentions of public messing for obvious reasons. Would you wear the same thickness/a thinner diaper when around friends? Changing won't be an issue, my class times have given me a pretty flexible schedule and I don't plan on needing to change between when I leave for class and when I get back.

24/7:

-those of you that go 24/7 voluntarily - is it worth it? Do you always mess (even when not in public), or do you use discretion?

-do people notice, do you have to go to great lengths to hide it? The only "real" diaper I've bought before was the X-Plus, and I've only used it in private, so I have no other experience . Great diaper, I plan on getting more, but they're definitely not a daytime diaper for me.

-I wear diapers for comfort (physical/emotional), but there's also a sexual element. How do you deal with arousal? If I'm going to start wearing regularly, I don't want to be aroused in public just because I'm wearing a diaper, as I said, I also want to experience the platonic comfort they give me. Does this just sort of go away as the novelty wears off?

thank you, in advance.

Since you figure the xplus is not an option, I can't be of much help to suggest a day time diaper for you.

I wear 24/7 and I drink (and obviously pee) alot. My choice of diapers has always been something pretty thick and thirsty. Currently I wear dry24/7's which are fairly bulky. In the past it has been arena xplus or bambinos

As far as the arousal thing, yes, like anything, once the novelty wears off so will the "side effects". Don't get me wrong, they still light the fire for me, but nothing like when I first started wearing

unless your in tight cloths (which can cause leaks) or a place people generally check out other people like clubs and bars nobody will notice...unless they are looking for it. Even in a bar they probably wont notice because the lighting is bad. Even with a dry 24/7 and a abina max booster nobody will notice.

I'm not 24/7 by any means but I do wear out in public many times. I can offer you just some common advice and suggestions based on your post.

First, you can't have it both ways. You will have to find a diaper that isn't as bulky but absorbes well enough for your needs. Only you will be able to know how much you wet before you are able to change your diaper and what diaper (trial and error) will absorb as much at a time as you need it to. Obviously the thickest most absorbent diaper may hold all your wettings without problems, but is it discreet enough for your needs or is it bulky and noticable? On the other hand, if you go with a diaper that is thin enough not to be noticable, will it absorb as well as you need it to, or will it leak? If it turns out that a thinner diaper is what you will have to go with, you may have to modify your thoughts by changing more often, even if it means having to change somewhere before you get home. Either that, or use a bathroom once in a while instead of always going in your diaper (which kind of defetes the purpose of wearing diapers 24/7). After all, people who really are incontinent will not wait until they get home if their diaper is so wet it needs to be changed. That also will mean having a spare diaper with you somewhere just in case.

Also, it is true that people usually won't notice that someone is wearing a diaper unless you are very obvious about it (using a pacifier, baby type clothes or a very bulky diaper that makes your pants puff way out or is visible out the back of your pants.) That may be more true of a stranger you may meet on the street or someone you may know that stops you to chat for a few minutes. Wearing 24/7 every day, you will incounter the same people over and over and not just for a few minutes here and there. Keep in mind that you are attending college and sitting in classes most of the day. You will have the same people around you day after day, friends who you may talk to. Also, keep in mind that sitting at a desk and getting up may cause your shirt to ride up exposing a diaper if you are not careful. Plastic backed diapers can be a little noisy in a very quiet classroom so you have to keep things like that in mind. Normally, people won't notice you are wearing a diaper if you just talk with them for a few minutes on the street. Day after day being around the same people for hours at a time, someone may eventually pick up on it and wonder if you are wearing a diaper.

Some people say they buy their pants a size larger so they are baggy enough to hide a thick diaper. that is one option, however I find that if I wear pants that are a size too large, it draws more attention to me because I look baggy and poorly dressed. If you are as tall and thin as you say, a larger size pants may really look out of place on you and draw unwanted attention. Just wear your regular pants, maybe get some that fit well but may be just a little larger in the seat area if possible. The thing is, don't get pants to fit over your bulky diapers, get diapers that fit well inside your regular pants.

A good thing to do before going 24/7 is to get some different thicknesses and brands of diapers that may be available in drug stores or even a sample pack of several different brands from an on-line company. When you have some time and not in class, try them on at home under your regular pants and take a good look at yourself to see if you can notice anything. Eliminate any brand that makes you obviously bulky. Any that are boarderline, wear out somewhere not around your college. Perhaps a mall in the next town if you are able to do that. Walk around, wet your diaper to see how well it holds up and see if anyome gives you any strange looks. Sit on the benches in the mall, get up several times to see if your shirt rides up and exposes any of your diaper. If it does, then you know you may need to get some longer shirts or take measures to make sure your diaper remains totally inside your pants. Doing things like this will allow you to gain confidence in your ability to be out in public in diapers without being noticed. After all, with wanting to wear 24/7, that is ultimatly what you will need, confidence! By doing it somewhere in public away from where you live, you will minimise the chance that you will run into someone you know if something does happen to expose the fact that you are wearing a diaper (such as bending over to tie a shoe or looking at something on the bottom shelf of a store - that can cause your shirt to ride up and your jeans to ride down and expose your diaper outthe back of your pants). If something like that does happen and someone sees it, better it's a total stranger who you aren't likely to see again than a close friend or college classmate.

I know that some plases make an elastic mesh pant that is designed to go over pads and diapers to hold them tight against your body. Getting some will definatly help reduce some of the bulk and also prevent sagging when they are wet. Tight fitting underwear or nylon biking shorts over a diaper will also help with bulk and noise. Again, wearing underwear over your diaper kind of defeats the purpose of wearing diapers 24/7, but if it helps keeping your diapers compressed and concealed, I'd go for it if it's needed.

If worse comes to worse and someone you know does notice and askes you about it, you can always have a story ready, such as, "I'm experiencing a bad urinary infection at this time and I'm having some control issues until it clears up!" You might even have the name of an antibiotic ready so if someone asks, you can tell them you are taking it. You probably won't ever need that story, but it's best to have all your bases covered just in case if your going to go 24/7. Think of the most unlikly situation that will never ever happen and have an excuse rady for it just in case!

Good luck to you and keep us all informed!

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the responses! You guys have been very helpful. I went ahead and ordered some M4s as well as M3s and a pack of boosters. I figure that going 24/7 is untenable for me right now, but, on the bright side, I will be 24/7 a good amount of the next week, my roommate will be in the city and out of the apartment for around 8 days. I went with the M3s because I see them as an investment. If they're too thick for my daytime taste, they'll still make a good diaper and I'll try the M2 next time. I plan to wear in public a bit, like rusty said, at least to build confidence.

If the weather complies I may be able to wear an X-Plus out to a large lecture hall or to the library. If I can't get away with an X-Plus, I'll settle for an M3. I've set a personal goal of wetting in public, at least once, and I'm pretty sure I can pull that off without hassle (looking forward to adding more goals).

if I wear pants that are a size too large pants that are a size too large, it draws more attention to me because I look baggy and poorly dressed.

Yeah, but the baggy look is currently in style (you just have to have you pants around your knees, which defeats the purpose of hiding diapers).