LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers And Humiliation

As best I can figure, it most likely has to do with the fact that you are giving up even more control. For a lot of us, that loss of control and responsibility is half of what drives us. So if we are in a situation where we are forced to be exposed in ways that we normally wouldn't allow, that is in a sense the ultimate lack of power and control. The same can probably said for a lot of the impulses regarding being physically punished. As to why any one particular person likes this side of the fetish, only that individual could tell you.

• Like 2

I have actually talked to a great number of people about this exact topic. The best conclusions I can make are as follows:

Children have an innate need for attention. They seek the attention of their parents and others around them. The vast majority of people I've spoken to had a childhood with a lack of attention. Not necessarily bad parents, but parents(or caregivers) that simply seemed to not care. In the absence of positive attention, they sought negative attention. In their young minds, they figured negative attention was better than no attention at all. From this, they found that negative attention(humiliation, punishment, etc) gave them what they needed. This, in turn, translated into a sexual fetish during puberty.

Those that did not experience a lack of attention as children all related similar stories though. Except, instead of being them seeking the negative attention, it was a friend/relative/neighbor. These people were all very empathetic and felt bad for those that were being humiliated. Similar to those that were humiliated themselves, they develop a desire for it during puberty.

Obviously this might be completely innacurate, but I think it's pretty close considering the massive similarities between everyone I've spoken to about the subject.

My wife knows that I like to pretend I'm a baby. I love how being diapered feels, both physically and emotionally. I love to wear nothing but a diaper, so that 'everybody' knows, including me. I don't fantasize about being punished, rather just completely dependent, and not ashamed that I'm still diapered, but self-conscious, even slightly embarrassed. My favorite fantasy is being seen by a dozen or so women gathered for a Pampered Chef party, wearing nothing but a diaper and sucking a pacifier, kneeling in a playpen in the middle of the living room. But because I'm seen as a baby, I'm the only one who is uncomfortable. The women all look at me like maybe I should be in pullups and not being treated like an infant, and they ask if she's thought about starting to train me yet, but nobody is shocked. Everybody's different, they think, and they defer to mommy who tells them that she's in no hurry to move me along. So, yes, I feel humiliated because I know what people are thinking, but, no, I'm not diapered so that I feel humiliated.

I was caught wearing baby sister's (1 year old) diaper and plastic pants when I was 8. My parents thought that embarrassing me would make me want to not do this again. They treated me exactly like my little sister for a week in the summer. They came to my room before bed one night and told me that if I wanted to be a baby I could be a baby for a week, but I could not stop being a baby and would be on the exact schedule as my sister, including diapers, baths, bedtimes, etc. I was led to my sisters room and mom picked me up and put me on the changing table, talking baby talk and saying that I was a good little baby boy and mommy loved her little baby, as she took my clothes off and put a diaper and plastic pants on me. They put a porta crib in their room and moved my sister in there for the week and had me in her room, in her crib. I was talked to like they talked to her in only baby talk and lost all big boy privileges. If I tried to talk regular they would say that they thought they heard a big boy talking but they only have two babies so it could not be. If I talked like a baby I would get a response. In the afternoons mom would take my sister and me out front and put us in the playpen and talk with neighbors. That is where I was humiliated most when kids in neighborhood would come by to see the big baby. After awhile they would get bored with me and go off and play. My family all knew and I can still remember my mom and aunt changing my diaper and my cousin or sisters diapers right next to me and talking like it was a normal thing and I was just another baby. I spent that week and some more time that summer as a one year old and a lot of it in just a diaper, plastic pants and t-shirt no matter where we were. I think this heavily reinforced my feelings about being babied.

I was caught wearing baby sister's (1 year old) diaper and plastic pants when I was 8. My parents thought that embarrassing me would make me want to not do this again. They treated me exactly like my little sister for a week in the summer. They came to my room before bed one night and told me that if I wanted to be a baby I could be a baby for a week, but I could not stop being a baby and would be on the exact schedule as my sister, including diapers, baths, bedtimes, etc. I was led to my sisters room and mom picked me up and put me on the changing table, talking baby talk and saying that I was a good little baby boy and mommy loved her little baby, as she took my clothes off and put a diaper and plastic pants on me. They put a porta crib in their room and moved my sister in there for the week and had me in her room, in her crib. I was talked to like they talked to her in only baby talk and lost all big boy privileges. If I tried to talk regular they would say that they thought they heard a big boy talking but they only have two babies so it could not be. If I talked like a baby I would get a response. In the afternoons mom would take my sister and me out front and put us in the playpen and talk with neighbors. That is where I was humiliated most when kids in neighborhood would come by to see the big baby. After awhile they would get bored with me and go off and play. My family all knew and I can still remember my mom and aunt changing my diaper and my cousin or sisters diapers right next to me and talking like it was a normal thing and I was just another baby. I spent that week and some more time that summer as a one year old and a lot of it in just a diaper, plastic pants and t-shirt no matter where we were. I think this heavily reinforced my feelings about being babied.

That would tend to scar a person for life. I doubt it was much fun for you at that age.

I have actually talked to a great number of people about this exact topic. The best conclusions I can make are as follows:

Children have an innate need for attention. They seek the attention of their parents and others around them. The vast majority of people I've spoken to had a childhood with a lack of attention. Not necessarily bad parents, but parents(or caregivers) that simply seemed to not care. In the absence of positive attention, they sought negative attention. In their young minds, they figured negative attention was better than no attention at all. From this, they found that negative attention(humiliation, punishment, etc) gave them what they needed. This, in turn, translated into a sexual fetish during puberty.

Those that did not experience a lack of attention as children all related similar stories though. Except, instead of being them seeking the negative attention, it was a friend/relative/neighbor. These people were all very empathetic and felt bad for those that were being humiliated. Similar to those that were humiliated themselves, they develop a desire for it during puberty.

Obviously this might be completely innacurate, but I think it's pretty close considering the massive similarities between everyone I've spoken to about the subject.

Hey Jeff

I am sure that is true for many, but I am still wondering about myself. I know my diaper fetish and my desire to dress as a sissy are derived from my childhood, but I had great parents with the only exception existing early in my childhood, while my dad was working and my mom was attending a university. Thus, I spent quite a bit of time in daycare facilities. There are some specific moments in my childhood that I can link to my diaper fetish (none were traumatic), but you made me rethink my situation a little bit. Perhaps the reason the feelings exist is there was just not enough time with my parents early on. I was still a pretty good kid growing up. I did not get into very much trouble. Though there is no doubt that I love my folks, but it is interesting to note my fantasies do not involve them at all.

Hey Jeff

I am sure that is true for many, but I am still wondering about myself. I know my diaper fetish and my desire to dress as a sissy are derived from my childhood, but I had great parents with the only exception existing early in my childhood, while my dad was working and my mom was attending a university. Thus, I spent quite a bit of time in daycare facilities. There are some specific moments in my childhood that I can link to my diaper fetish (none were traumatic), but you made me rethink my situation a little bit. Perhaps the reason the feelings exist is there was just not enough time with my parents early on. I was still a pretty good kid growing up. I did not get into very much trouble. Though there is no doubt that I love my folks, but it is interesting to note my fantasies do not involve them at all.

That's pretty much what I've noticed. It doesn't take years of feeling a lack of attention to develop a desire or fetish. It just requires that you have that feeling at a time that something triggers it. =)

That pretty much nailed it on the head for me, great summary!

WHY do you like your favorite food?

WHY do you like your favorite Tv show?

WHY do you like your favorite shirt?

and not what it is about those things, like taste, texture, actors, color etc... that is not WHY you like something, but what about it you like... to answer the why you have to understand why your brain releases certain chemicals when you experience certain things, t hose chemicals giving you a physiological response that corresponds to pleasure... simply put... we don't know the WHY's... only the hows and what abouts.... so instead of spending all your time trying to figure out something science doesn't know.... instead just engage in the activity and enjoy!

WHY do you like your favorite food?

WHY do you like your favorite Tv show?

WHY do you like your favorite shirt?

and not what it is about those things, like taste, texture, actors, color etc... that is not WHY you like something, but what about it you like... to answer the why you have to understand why your brain releases certain chemicals when you experience certain things, t hose chemicals giving you a physiological response that corresponds to pleasure... simply put... we don't know the WHY's... only the hows and what abouts.... so instead of spending all your time trying to figure out something science doesn't know.... instead just engage in the activity and enjoy!

I assure you we get plenty of time in. Right now, we are reflecting upon ourselves. As it turns out, why is the most important question to answer. I think it is very important for me to understand myself.

but you can't ANSWER the why! because we don't know the why! we can know the hows, and the what abouts and the things we like... but not the why our brain has decided to like certain things..... every 'answer' you come up with will just be a guess, speculation, it will not be known for sure... so in essence whatever answer you come up with, will basically just be something you tell yourself to make yourself feel better about liking something.... lol... i think i just confused myself!

every 'answer' you come up with will just be a guess, speculation, it will not be known for sure

and that would be acceptable for now. It is somewhat logical, but difficult to prove. Don't worry, I do not put much weight on it. It is just curiosity.

Actually, they do know most of the why's. Contrary to popular belief(thanks to years of teaching it to kids), memories are not made up of electrical impulses. They are actual physical cellular connections within the brain that develop every time your body creates a new memory.

When you are young, you are still learning how the world works. So, you might see something odd and assume it's sexual in nature, when it is not. However, by thinking it was sexual in nature, the connection in your brain was stored next to sexuality connections. If you see someone being spanked as a child, you might look at the act with longing because you feel that person is getting a lot of attention from the spanker. You associate spanking with attention. When you hit puberty, you seek the attention of those you are attracted to. Those connections form near the spanking connections and suddenly you have a fetish.

Of course that is an oversimplification, but I'm hoping you get the idea.

Also of note, this applies to adult babies in a similar fashion. Those that have that desire since long before puberty. Their connections are not sexual in nature; rather more base.

this is one theory yes, and i know this theory, but there is also the genetic theory, that we are predisposed to enjoy certain things.. nature v. nurture... what i'm trying to say is that... we can never truely know the individual why's... because memories are not accurate and should never be considered reliable for fact.... because memories are tied to emotions, but what we felt at the time, and what we think we should have felt.. and memories change over time, we create the memory we want... and while based on real experiences, many details are not real... and also can never fully be proven one way or the other...

so instead of trying to figure out what one little event in our childhood caused us to like something... why not just accept us for who we are, konwing that our genetics and our experiences helped to shape who we are... and then move on and just start enjoying what we enjoy..... knowing the why is not going to change anything, including self acceptance....

this is one theory yes, and i know this theory, but there is also the genetic theory, that we are predisposed to enjoy certain things.. nature v. nurture... what i'm trying to say is that... we can never truely know the individual why's... because memories are not accurate and should never be considered reliable for fact.... because memories are tied to emotions, but what we felt at the time, and what we think we should have felt.. and memories change over time, we create the memory we want... and while based on real experiences, many details are not real... and also can never fully be proven one way or the other...

so instead of trying to figure out what one little event in our childhood caused us to like something... why not just accept us for who we are, konwing that our genetics and our experiences helped to shape who we are... and then move on and just start enjoying what we enjoy..... knowing the why is not going to change anything, including self acceptance....

It has nothing to do with self acceptance... at least for me. It's pure, unbridled curiosity. I seek knowledge and love to read studies about my own quirks.