LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Uk And Adult Diapers

Guest aielen

Guest aielen

Anyone wondered why in the UK there are no real adult diapers sold in stores, Boots and even general local pharmacies? Versus the US?

I know it doesn't seem like they exist at all, but most places carry them in the company, and will request a pack or more if you ask them. I ended up just ordering from Germany, which ended up being most convenient for me. Though after some digging found the occasional UK website.

My first purchase was the most nerve wracking, as I ended up venturing to a medical complex outside of town and found a medical supply store, but they were out of my size, so they had to order it anyway. The package was so big, they just barely fit into the bag I brought. I had to catch two separate buses while walking through town to transfer. Worth it, but that's why I switched to online ordering in the UK, haha.

Anyone wondered why in the UK there are no real adult diapers sold in stores, Boots and even general local pharmacies? Versus the US?

Well my very local chemist sells Tena slip super and now Tena slip maxi which is just a 5 min walk from my house.

I've had a few problems with ordering online, generally they want to deliver when I'm out. Then I noticed that one supplier was based only a few miles away, phoned them up and asked if I might collect from them. No problem, a pleasant and courteous lady dealt with my request and I plan on becoming a regular customer this way.

Because over there they call them "Nappies", not "Diapers." I've heard of people having that problem over in the UK and I never understood it either when here in the USA companies do everything they can to get people to go out and buy their protective underwear! Just look at the commercials here! Imagine in the UK seeing TENA or DEPENDS commercials like the ones in the USA, then not being able to find a place to buy them!

Guest aielen

There are, you just gotta look in the right places !

Mobility shops are great, and boots do sell and order them.

Failing that, we have good online stores

blushingbuyer

allanda

In London, only in a few stores--like John Bell and Croydon Other than that Boots does not sell Tena Slip

Guest aielen

Well my very local chemist sells Tena slip super and now Tena slip maxi which is just a 5 min walk from my house.

Not outside London

Wher exactly in London?

I lived for a while in West London - and the chemist down the road from my old house stocked Tena Slip, Depends and a few other brands.

Many local/independent chemists do stock decent nappies, you just have to keep an eye out. Or phone a couple up and ask them if they stock adult nappies - if they don't, they'll probably be able to point you in the right direction.

It's true that there are fewer chain stores in Britain that stock them, compared to the USA - but that's almost certainly because of the differences in the healthcare situation. If you have a severe incontinence issue in the UK, the NHS will provide you with nappies; so there's not much need for private individuals to buy their own. In the US, lots of people either won't have insurance, or will have a plan that doesn't provide for incontinence products, hence the need for shops to sell them.

But lots of smaller chemists do still sell them, and as other people have mentioned, most chemists can order them in for you. But as they're not as commonly sold, you might not see them on display.

Rx

Guest aielen

I lived for a while in West London - and the chemist down the road from my old house stocked Tena Slip, Depends and a few other brands.

Many local/independent chemists do stock decent nappies, you just have to keep an eye out. Or phone a couple up and ask them if they stock adult nappies - if they don't, they'll probably be able to point you in the right direction.

It's true that there are fewer chain stores in Britain that stock them, compared to the USA - but that's almost certainly because of the differences in the healthcare situation. If you have a severe incontinence issue in the UK, the NHS will provide you with nappies; so there's not much need for private individuals to buy their own. In the US, lots of people either won't have insurance, or will have a plan that doesn't provide for incontinence products, hence the need for shops to sell them.

But lots of smaller chemists do still sell them, and as other people have mentioned, most chemists can order them in for you. But as they're not as commonly sold, you might not see them on display.

Rx

Beyond London it's hard to find a decent diaper selling store.

Beyond London it's hard to find a decent diaper selling store.

Not what I've found. Nearly every Lloyds pharmacy has them in stock (or can get them quickly) or there is another nearby Lloyds pharmacy (i.e. in the same town) that has them.

As has been mentioned there are a load of mobility stores about which stock them too, and no shortage of on-line suppliers.

You'll be surprised what your mobility store will and won't sell. I went to my local and as far as I'm aware, only mobility centre and they don't actually stock them. It might just be them but I couldn't get them. Yes, I could order Lille nappies but that was it. Wasn't going to place an order as I know from a neighbour with a disabled husband, that you then get sent sales leaflets from them and that's not what I personally want (naturally).

Oh the joys of living out in the sticks! Fresh air, space, quiet and plenty of inconvenience thrown in. I know where I'd rather be though :).