LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pacis For Teeth Grinding

So I went to the dentist the other day and was told that I grind my teeth in my sleep. I thought, great now I get to sleep with a big night gaurd. The dentist pulled out a small piece of moldable plastic and said that the new way was to just use the front teeth in the mold and that prevents the back teeth from hitting one another. Of course that small molded piece cost 75$. So I declined and figured sleeping with a paci could work as long as it stayed in. I tried it one night and woke up with it gone. The next night I tried another paci and found that it had stayed in and my jaw was not as sore in the morning. So if you ever need a medical excuse for paci use there it is. I do wonder if it is a choking hazard for adults though. Anyone know?

SDB

It's funny that you bring this up, as I'm looking for a way to stop my subconscious grinding/clenching at night (headaches in the morning are awful!). Lemme know if the pacifier solution works for your grinding, it sounds like an ingenious solution for an AB/DL with this problem :P

I hope it works for you, it doesn't for me. Sleeping with a pacifier does 2 things: keeps my mouth open so I drool all over my pillow if I roll on my side, and drys out the back of my throat because I can't close my mouth. Drooling on your pillow might be fun for role playing, but not for waking up with a sticky, slobbery mess on your face, and waking up with a super dry patch on the back of your throat isn't fun either. I imagine the apparatus the dentist suggested lets you close your mouth?

Several years ago I paid $300 for a custom made protector that looked and felt like a mouth guard used in football. It covered all the upper teeth and made it impossible to enjoy going to sleep with a pacifier. Now I use a protector I bought in the pharmacy section. It sets on the lower back teeth and doesn't interfere with me using a pacifier at the same time. (notice I said going to sleep, it doesn't stay in overnight and I don't care that it doesn't)