LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Mass Effect 3 To Promote Gay Main Character

Was wondering if I should have put this in rainbow diapers but as it isn't related to ABDL I figured it would be better here.

So I was browsing the net a few days ago and saw this, an alleged screencap of a post from a BioWare employee (since nicknamed 'Hamburger Helper' after the Dragon Age 2 debacle, this is the one who thinks she's a better writer than Pratchett or Tolkien) that I pray isn't true.

2f0ab1v.jpg

Let me get this out of the way first - I have nothing against gays, I experiment myself. However, if this is true, it's miles over the top. Firstly, to make every character bisexual somewhat detracts from them as a character and makes them more of an 'object'. In the original Dragon Age the bisexual characters had that as a part of THEM, what made them unique, but now it would just feel slapped on, as it did in Dragon Age II.

But to be focusing so much on this in the story - I like the idea, but not having it thrust in my face. I'd be more concerned about stopping the reaper thread and, you know, saving the damn galaxy than getting Wrex into bed (that's seriously gotta hurt), and I want to play an RPG / shooter hybrid, not a barebacking simulator...

Seems to be true, here's a more solid source:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/16/mass-effect-3-will-have-gay-romance-option-for-male-shepard/

Why does it matter? Mass Effect has always been about letting you choose which direction to go on just about every level so why is choosing who your character gets romantically involved with any different? If you don't want a gay Shepherd, chase an opposite sex character. If you don't want to 'reason and educate your crew', then don't. The game gives you choice.

In ME2 with a female Shepherd, you could have a lesbian relationship with that Kelly girl who handles your messages. Letting male Shepherd have a gay relationship is simply a more inclusive extension of the same concept.

Was wondering if I should have put this in rainbow diapers but as it isn't related to ABDL I figured it would be better here.

So I was browsing the net a few days ago and saw this, an alleged screencap of a post from a BioWare employee (since nicknamed 'Hamburger Helper' after the Dragon Age 2 debacle, this is the one who thinks she's a better writer than Pratchett or Tolkien) that I pray isn't true.

2f0ab1v.jpg

Let me get this out of the way first - I have nothing against gays, I experiment myself. However, if this is true, it's miles over the top. Firstly, to make every character bisexual somewhat detracts from them as a character and makes them more of an 'object'. In the original Dragon Age the bisexual characters had that as a part of THEM, what made them unique, but now it would just feel slapped on, as it did in Dragon Age II.

But to be focusing so much on this in the story - I like the idea, but not having it thrust in my face. I'd be more concerned about stopping the reaper thread and, you know, saving the damn galaxy than getting Wrex into bed (that's seriously gotta hurt), and I want to play an RPG / shooter hybrid, not a barebacking simulator...

To make this clear, the homosexual relationship is an option. Like every plot in every Mass Effect game other than the core plot, you can avoid it if you want to. The Executive Producer (The guy in charge, whose say is literally final on this) of the game has confirmed that it will not be "every character" who is bisexual, as you hint, but that there will be new love interests (should the player choose to pursue them) introduced.

If you don't want to have it in your playthrough, don't hit on the characters who are the same sex as you! Problem solved.

You seem to have played at least some of the first two. How did you not know that this is how it works already?

Edit: Interestingly, that particular comment doesn't exactly exist on the Bioware social boards, which are where that utilized theme is from. I'm guessing, considering her noted history, that this was a troll attempt. That doesn't, of course, change the fact that there is actually going to be a M/M relationship in ME3, if the player chooses to pursue it.

Hrm... I like the idea! I'm hoping that they pull this off tastefully though. Its one thing to bring out LGBT issues out in a video game (which I'm SUPER excited for... hehehe =D) But I'm not sure it about how it would play out as a full chapter in the game... I'm really intrigued about this though... Here's hoping that Bioware does (another) good job... *crosses fingers*

Edit: I wonder what Shepard would look in briefs... or diapers for that matter... =D

First of all I find it incredibly funny and offensive that your going to say your not against gays, claim you experiment and then claims that just because a company gives a person the "option" to have a homosexual character that it would be over the top. Secondly, he would only be bisexual if you made him into both genders. If you "choose" the "option" of making him attracted to woman then he would not be bisexual but straight. the fact that our so hung on the option claims differently that your OK with homosexuality.

But to be focusing so much on this in the story - I like the idea, but not having it thrust in my face.

With this I just want to say, I would love it thrusted in my face! ^_^ lol but seriously, in what way do you think giving a player an option in somehow "thrusting" in your face? I mean OMG, there is a possibility that a fictional character can be what the player wants that character to be! :o seriously, that does not make sense!

I'd be more concerned about stopping the reaper thread and, you know, saving the damn galaxy than getting Wrex into bed (that's seriously gotta hurt), and I want to play an RPG / shooter hybrid, not a barebacking simulator...

All I got to say to this is speak for your self! I've been waiting to get with that sexy piece of alien man meat since I met him! :wub: Teasing me with his manliness and his fighting spirit and sexy buff body! :wub: I bet it would be magical! :blush: In all honesty, I understand completely, I mean it is so annoying that mass effect dedicated such a huge part of the game to sex! :o As I hope you can tell my exaggeration, only a small amount of time is dedicated to that part of the story and to be honest, you seem like your so hooked on the fact that you plan to make your character gay. Again, do not make him gay...that simple! when it becomes your time to hit on that sexy alien man meat that I bet is packing some huge sausage....oh the sausage! choose to not hit on him! simple as that. As for me, I have been waiting for my chance to get at that sexy cutey since they introduced him! :blush: ...then again, Executor Pallin is pretty sexy! :unsure: actually Wrex seems like he would be a jerk all the time :angry: and Executor Pallin seems like he would show more attention. :blush: But then again wrex would probebly defend you and take care of you more not to mention sex would be better :wub: ...hmmm who to choose... :blush:

On top of that, Allowing the option to create a homosexual character is far from turning a RPG/Shooter into a bareback simulator! I mean when did they say they where including a barebacking mini game?

Seriously though, I think your acting as if there just making the character gay and not giving you an option. I mean you obviously did not get offended when they made the female character the option to be a lesbian. I mean did you even play as the female character? what? they gave you an option to be male or female? you mean you did not feel like they where forcing the gender role in your face? my point exactly. Personally what your complaining about can be said just about every movie, game, TV show that depicts a straight relationship. I mean how many games have I played and how many movies have I watched that I had to watch some disgusting woman and a guy in a love scene? Personally I find the fact that your going to claim you have no problem with homosexuality and then claim that you are against giving someone the option to include who they are in there character not only a hilarious but offensive as well. Your entire post is over the top. Anyway, If I want my character to get naked with that sexy beast of an alien, it should be an option. :wub:

P.S. if you have not noticed by now, my post is a good example of someone "thrusting" there sexuality in your face.

If the post is true it will be forced on everyone that plays it. The post says "even straight Sheppards will accidentally observe an intimate homosexual encounter.

I guess I won't be playing it. I'm not gay and I don't like it being forced on me in any fashion. I have a few people that are gay and they don't push it on me, just like I don't push my spiritual or sexual beliefs or my on them.

you know, an intimate homosexual encounter can mean anything. I mean an intimate homosexual encounter could be Shepard walking through a city and seeing two people sharing a moment or kissing. Kind of how I walk into a walmart, target, the mall or even down the street and see a straight couple kissing or sharing an intimate encounter. I think that anyone who chooses not to play a game specifically because there might be a small encounter involved two men is pathetic. I mean, seriously, how is it any different than walking down the street? There are trying to include everyone and that is fair. Personally, I am sorry to anyone who is insecure enough to not play something just because there might be a scene where two men have some kind of a relationship openly. Honestly, I do not give a shit if you have gay friends or not. That does not mean your not homophobic because if being a homosexual is OK to you, then it would not be a big deal. You only make a big deal out of something if your offended by it and obviously you are offended by it. Personally, I hope they get as detailed as possible because I think it need to be involved more. I will say that I find it rather pathetic that it is 2011 and there are still people in this world who are so ignorant to something that really should be more accepted by now. I mean seriously WTF? Specially coming from someone who likes to wear diapers! It doesn't matter though cause I plan on playing the shit out of that game, and if you want to miss out on a great game because your to much of a homophobes to play it than that is fine.

I think some of you are misinterpreting my point. My issue isn't with being given the option of same-sex relationships, I'm fine with that. THIS is what bugs me:

"even straight Sheppards will accidentally observe an intimate homosexual encounter on board the Normandy."

This is what I have a problem with. Even if you want to have Shep straight as a damn stick who only has sex in the missionary position after marriage just for procreation with the same species, you still have to go through the entire gay side-story. It's literally forced on you. And to crown all, I would bet that the characters involved can vary, depending on who lived / died on Virmire and the Suicide Mission, hence possibly making everyone homosexual or bisexual - and just to blanket everyone with the same preference takes the 'fun' out of it. If you have only two or three gay characters, it helps them stand out more.

Let me give you an example.

This character in Valkyria Chronicles, Jann Walker, is gay. Flamboyantly and overtly so. However there's no huge backstory given to it - it's just a part of his character. But tons of people use him, just because he's so hilarious. I do, I love EVERYTHING about him. If he goes down, I try to save him. If I can't, I quit. He's ALWAYS on my team. It's probably a bit exaggerated though, so let me tell you this - there are other gay and bi characters. My team has an Engineer, Homer, who IIRC is gay, and I'm positive, judging from his dialogue, he's into S&M (or, at the very least, a masochist. I mean, he likes being shot).

We don't get detailed back stories for these things - they're just part of their characters, they're treated like everyone else as they should be - it's as if to say 'Yeah, we're gay. So what?"

We don't need a huge side-story or forced event to cast gay / bi characters in a positive light.

No, I understand clearly! Your bent out of shape simply that there might be a scene where Shepard witness an intimate couple the same way that I have to deal with on a regular bases. I will give you an excellent example, Final Fantasy 8! FF8 has a huge and I am HUGE back story about a straight relationship and although a very good game, I did not let that get in the way of enjoying the game simply because it does not matter! Grand theft auto is another game that depicts only straight relationships. What I am telling you is that I have to deal with it on a regular business and what I am telling you is that you thread depicts you as a homophobe. What I am telling you is that a small scene should not effect your opinion of a game. I think that it is seriously pathetic that anyone would be upset simply because it is no different if a straight couple where caught being intimate. What I am saying is that if they announced that there would be a straight intamite relationship, you would not give a damn but because your childish and so offended by a slight depiction of a homosexual relationship, it is a big deal. I am so offended by this entire topic that I am just done. I am done waiting my time with someone so ignorant and it is sad that you and others are so judgmental of something that should not matter. I literally have never been more offended and you are not worth my time. I am really sorry to read this post because I thought you where better then that and obviously I am wrong. I am sorry that you feel I do not deserve the same depictions of my sexuality as you get in your media. I am sorry that you are so against equality. So frustrated right now that an emoticon does not even describe it.

It is very clear to my "ignorant" mind. I'm not a homophobic person. I simply won't be playing a game if I know something I don't agree with is being forced on me.

That's okay. I have other games that are plenty entertaining to me.

padded_husky,

Just because you're okay with cramming your beliefs down the throats of others doesn't mean they will agree with you. Repeatedly arguing your point doesn't win you any converts. It drives them further away from your point of view.

No, I understand clearly! Your bent out of shape simply that there might be a scene where Shepard witness an intimate couple the same way that I have to deal with on a regular bases. I will give you an excellent example, Final Fantasy 8! FF8 has a huge and I am HUGE back story about a straight relationship and although a very good game, I did not let that get in the way of enjoying the game simply because it does not matter! Grand theft auto is another game that depicts only straight relationships. What I am telling you is that I have to deal with it on a regular business and what I am telling you is that you thread depicts you as a homophobe. What I am telling you is that a small scene should not effect your opinion of a game. I think that it is seriously pathetic that anyone would be upset simply because it is no different if a straight couple where caught being intimate. What I am saying is that if they announced that there would be a straight intamite relationship, you would not give a damn but because your childish and so offended by a slight depiction of a homosexual relationship, it is a big deal. I am so offended by this entire topic that I am just done. I am done waiting my time with someone so ignorant and it is sad that you and others are so judgmental of something that should not matter. I literally have never been more offended and you are not worth my time. I am really sorry to read this post because I thought you where better then that and obviously I am wrong. I am sorry that you feel I do not deserve the same depictions of my sexuality as you get in your media. I am sorry that you are so against equality. So frustrated right now that an emoticon does not even describe it.

1. You're confusing me with Dougie, at no point did I say I was offended by this or that I would refuse to buy it because of it.

2. You're misinterpreting my point - it's getting to the point where the character is just 'the gay character' and not 'the character who just so happens to be gay', as though their orientation is more important than them as a character.

3. I'd object to any relationship playing a huge part of the story, unless it was one of my choosing. The original Dragon Age had the balance right where you could choose your own orientation and pick a suitable partner, but ME1 and 2 had it wrong because you couldn't pursue a male / male relationship, but ME3 has it wrong too as it would show preference to a homosexual main character or otherwise deal with a 'coming out' story - I would be fine just having the OPTION of having any type of relationship, because that's what I did in Dragon Age, I drank from both taps. THAT'S the kind of 'depiction' you should be looking for, because I can guarantee that if BioWare were to try a 'coming out', story, it would not be very well-written OR well-received.

4. For you to call me a homophobe is ridiculous considering I have tried with my best friend, and it hurt me that it could not work out.

• Like 1

I think some of you are misinterpreting my point. My issue isn't with being given the option of same-sex relationships, I'm fine with that. THIS is what bugs me:

"even straight Sheppards will accidentally observe an intimate homosexual encounter on board the Normandy."

This is what I have a problem with.

Except as Leilin pointed out, that post doesn't exist any more. It raised an eyebrow with me that it was a screenie rather than a link. That it's disappeared from the net implies that Bioware don't stand by what was said. If you look at the actual, researched press coverage of the sexuality choices in ME3 (link to Joystiq again) it says nothing of the sort, only that there won't be the omission that there was in ME2 (in which you could have no relationship, a straight, lesbian or even human-alien relationship but not a gay relationship).

First of all, even if the link was still available, they said "accidentally observe an intimate homosexual encounter". I would like to know where in that you get the idea that they are forcing you to use a gay character? That could mean anything including an encounter that has nothing to do with Shepard at all. Your stuck on the idea that you think they are turning the game from a RPG/shooter to a barebacking simulator. If you need me to quote you on that please let me know.

Secondly, you are practically saying that just because someone is gay, that they are into barebacking. My problem is in everything you have said. You have offended me with your post because the fact is, sexuality should not affect your opinion on a game, movie, TV show, book...etc. It never bothered me when I had to date countless women in grand theft auto 4 or deal with a love story in Final Fantasy 8 that depicts a Straight relationship. The fact for me is, just because someone mentions the slight possibility of a "homosexual encounter" you automatically assume that Shepard is a gay and that Mass Effect is going to be filled with a giant barebacking mini game that over powers the story. I am offended at your entire generalization of it all. It should not matter what sexuality a fictional character is and for you to automatically assume that Shepard is gay tells me what your focus on the entire situation is.

You're jumping to conclusions.

- I never said they'd force us to play a gay Shep, they're forcing a gay side-story on us. I'd love it if such a story was optional but I fear it's going to be thrust at us and simply not 'work' as well as I'd like. What I do take annoyance to is the fact that the dev in question says it would be more 'fun' to play as one - but for what reason? She doesn't explain the why. Is that not favouritism?

- Again, I don't have a problem with the sexuality of characters, see my post regarding Valkyria Chronicles, and you may have heard of the two sexuality-based plotlines in Persona 4. I had no problem with them either, and it added to Kanji and Naoto as characters. I've said it before and I'll say it again - choice is nice, but not when they take the same route as Dragon Age 2 and make everyone a potential partner regardless of gender. The bi and gay characters in DA1 were unique, and it wasn't a big part of them but it added to their individuality. The way I see it, letting Hawke or Femhawke go off with whomever you wanted in DA2 felt like it 'cheapened' everyone as characters. They stopped being people, and were just 'things' to sleep with.

- I have never said this changes my opinion of the game. This is, at least, my third time saying this to you. It's Dougie who said this, not me. Sure, I wouldn't be particularly fond of it, but nor would I if I was forced to listen to Ashley's alien-bashing, Joker's medical history (as much as I can relate to it) or Kaidan's 'woe is me'. It should be a part on the side, not take centre stage, as should all parts of character stories. I assure you, if I elect to not buy ME3, this won't be among the reasons.

- I'll admit I'm partly at fault here, but do you not see that the barebacking comment is a joke? I don't expect to see (or especially PLAY) anything full-on. It's just a dig at the fact that, if that post from Hamburger Helper is true, they're putting too much into this, and BioWare have been given to...'eccentricities' lately. Would you consider giving this middle response to a confession of love?

greatdialogue.png

I understand that what I have said may have upset you, and as such I'm sorry. But I am having difficulty putting my stance in the right words, and the barebacking joke was simply that - a joke. Fine, it may have been somewhat overly lewd and hard to see in the right context, but I didn't intend any ill will behind it.

well, fair enough, but I just want to say that I think there is nothing wrong with them including a gay side story and just because they include a gay side story, doesn't mean that it is forcing you into it. Just do not take the path that takes you down that road, nice and simple. I will just end it with saying that regardless of what they do, I do not think it is a big deal. I personally want them to include a gay side story because it makes the character's story stand out a little more for me and I think that it is a positive direction in homosexuality being more excepted in society then what it is now. I am more than positive that a company as big as Bioware is not going to force you to deal with a gay side story if you do not want it. As for me, I hope they do include it into there story as a side option because it makes the story more realistic. In real life, it would be an option. ...All though... I could see others at that time period being against inter species dating lol. Anyways, homosexuality needs to be included if they want to blend a love story or character relationships in the game. personally, I found it offensive that the last one included a straight relationship, lesbian relationship, and the option not to be in one and excluded homosexuality. I think it is only fair.

He's not saying he hates the idea of a gay storyline, he's saying bioware will screw it up by shoehorning it into the game. I for one think they'll do just fine. even though no-one seems to to be able to find the post that said it would anyone be suprised if there was a gay character in ME3? Hell back in dragon age if it wouldn't have screwed up the option for female characters they could have made Zevren gay and no-one would be suprised/appaled/etc.

• 2 months later...

Bah who cares, Lets Avenge Kelly,Kick some reaper ass, and have NINJA TURTLE SEX! Sorry Even if its shoehorned in badly i doubt it will be a major thing. Its good to see the gay community getting some action in a game. I mean Fable 2 you can be gay, Why not in Space! as for the Dragon Age refernces i think i may have to actualley sit down and play them both. I have them in a box somewhere not even opened. I got ME and ME2 at the same time so been playing those (Got my Renegade down, Working on my paragon now).

here is my question.... its fiction, its fantasy.... does it matter if he/she is gay straight or bi? i mean c'mon its just a game. as long as it keeps me interested and i still enjoy playing it, what should the gender identity or sexual orientation matter. Make the game FUN INTERESTING and possibly EXCITING. okay maybe not exciting but something that I wont want to walk away from because its boring and repedative.