LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Psn Hacked! Check Your Credit Cards And Personal Info!

hidden

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/26/update-on-playstation-network-and-qriocity/

If you have a PSN, hackers got your Name, address, Log in info, Security Answers, Birthdate, Purchase history, Email Address, Eye Color, Height, Weight, etc.

Sony has not confirmed whether the hackers got credit card info or not.

Needless to say, if your PSN shared a password with other sites, start changing them!

If you gave Sony your CC info, keep an eye on it!

Additionally, if you use your PlayStation Network or Qriocity user name or password for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them, as well.

Never use the same password for more than one service if possible.

It takes only a few lines of computer code to take a compromised e-mail address / account name and password and test it on as many other services as you care to automatically. You can bet your ass if the people who stole this data are organised, they'll already be trying all the stolen details in Paypal, e-Bay, Amazon, XBOX Live, Apple, Google etc. etc. etc.

This is a PR disaster for Sony. Glad we have an Xbox.

On the bright side, if you have been wanting a used PS3 the next few weeks will be a good time to get one. There are going to be lots of people getting rid of them.

Um ... xBox was hacked once already, FYI. http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/xbox-live-hacked-accounts-stolen/131 yes, 4 years ago, but just a reminder, no information is ever 100% secure. ;)

Banks offer protections, which don't stop people from using your credit card they just alert you and lock it before too much damage can be done and most will even do the leg work to get the money back. Even bank systems can and have been hacked. However, there is no boogyman at every corner, so don't get paranoid, just remember to be alert. Once you see the possibility of it, change your passwords, and if you can call your bank and ask for a new card, they are usually more happy to prevent it than deal with it after the fact. Now for us Linux users, we are not immune either, the browser information and anything stored on other servers can still be accessed. While viruses are impossible to catch (unless you are really stupid), the information can still be read. Sam with Mac.

This is why I prefer Nintendo DS online games. :P

Yes, Xbox live was hacked, but it was only a portion. With PSN user data from all 75 million accounts has been stolen.

If I had a PS3 the issue I'd have with this is that they've taken a week to notify people. Sony should have notified PSN account holders the instant they suspected information had been taken.

Of course, the other side of the coin is that the 'net isn't full of reports of peoples' credit cards/paypal/ebay/etc. being hijacked or abused, so hopefully at least some of the critical info was protected.

It all comes down to a simple fact... as a culture we have WAY too much personal information online.

Remember when the internet was just beginning to get popular? One of the major rules was don't share your name/address/phone number/CC info/etc. with anybody. We've all gotten far too comfortable with having this service in our lives and we've let our guard down.

Yes, Xbox live was hacked, but it was only a portion. With PSN user data from all 75 million accounts has been stolen.

If I had a PS3 the issue I'd have with this is that they've taken a week to notify people. Sony should have notified PSN account holders the instant they suspected information had been taken.

Of course, the other side of the coin is that the 'net isn't full of reports of peoples' credit cards/paypal/ebay/etc. being hijacked or abused, so hopefully at least some of the critical info was protected.

It all comes down to a simple fact... as a culture we have WAY too much personal information online.

Remember when the internet was just beginning to get popular? One of the major rules was don't share your name/address/phone number/CC info/etc. with anybody. We've all gotten far too comfortable with having this service in our lives and we've let our guard down.

Actually, it was only 20 million according to another source. They have a total of more than 50 million. But really the number of accounts doesn't change anything because it takes the same amount of time to jack 20 million as it does 100 million, depending on where they are kept (usually split among several physical servers to decrease load).

... and actually people's information does get hacked on a regular basis, only the decent companies will report it to the papers, other companies will often try to ignore the whole thing. ;) However to the "we have too much information online" ... it's always been there and will always be there. Government computers are connected, and they hold all your information, granted not in one location but enough in each location that when one is compromised there is a risk of damage. The thing is that most people who do hack such information have no idea what to do with it, that's the lucky part. They are little brats who think it's cool just to hack.

Sony hopes to have some services restored in less than a week. Hulu + and netflix accounts may also have been compromised.

For once I'm glad I have none of those. >.< Everyday I consider signing up for them, procrastination for the win. :P

http://uk.playstation.com/home/news/articles/detail/item369506/PlayStation-Network-Restoration-Update/

Sounds like they will slowly be turning it back on again! This information is only on the European playstation homepage and not on the US home page! Guess Sony doesn't care about the US anymore...

Kind of like how Europe has been getting game releases with lots of extra stuff while the US only gets the basic version...