LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abu Training Pants

Guest little_jonny

no photo of them yet, but who will buy them?

http://www.abuniverse.com/products/abu-trainingpants.asp

I might well consider purchasing them, because if they are like the original Gerber T.P., I could get used to them.

I think AB Universe is a great place, and their products are good. Only drawback, the cheap diapers, not bad for absorbency, are really SMALL. I use a medium, and I barely can squeeze into them. Still, for the price, I can't complain. Bring on the Gerber style T.P.!

• Like 1

Leave it for ABU to offer something yet totally f*ck it up! :badmood:

here is the text of their advertising for the trainers:

We went to great lengths to make these as close to an authentic adult-sized replica of the classic Gerber® toddler training pant as possible. AB Universe is constantly striving to make our products the most realistic babyish replicas of your true favorites from when you were a "little" baby. In that spirit we have worked diligently to bring back our ABU Cloth Training Pants with a new cut and double stitching design that is above all others.

Our brand new training pants feature a thick batting core that runs all the way from the front waistband to the back. The soft 50/50 poly/cotton mix makes them soft and comfy for all day wear. The eye-popping 1¼” trim around the legs and waistband will make you look and feel like a real big baby!

# Adult sized replica of classic toddler cloth training pants

# Available in 4 sizes to fit most adults

# For moderate absorbency, try with Ultra Booster Pads or Abena Abri-San Air Plus Pad with a contoured design for better fit in the crotch

# Machine washable with minimal shrinkage

I highlighted the problem area. They are saying that the layers in the pants are a "cotton batting" and they are also a 50/50 cotton poly mix..

Now, for those who don't know, 'batting' is a filler and is non absorbent, nor is 'poly' or polyester (which is a form of plastic)

So you have a pant, thats made of 1/2 cotton, and filled with a non absorbent filler, so they "look" thick, but are actually non functional.

Thats all ABU concentrates on, the "LOOK" and prectically forgets about functionality! :badmood: I really get the impression that they are in the market to make props! something that "LOOKS" right and might function, but in reality doesn't. PLUS they want to charge and arm and a leg for their %$#@@!! products!

As an FYI, gerber trainers (the real ones) used cotton fabric through and through, in and out....no make believe wanna be fillers and other BS. They also made a trainer (and prefold diapers) with a 'sponge like" material in the center panel for added absorption....They made them this way because they needed to do a job...be absorbent, and work for small children learning the ins and outs of potty learning. The products had to work, and served a practical and REAL purpose, not phony props that "looked' like they would work.

This is what pisses me off about ABU, and why I just write them off as a vendor, they essentially market and sell junk....it might "look' good, but thats as far as it goes. what kind of "PERFORMANCE" are you getting??? minimal....which is sad.

I'm a fan of trainer like DD, and would love to see some authentic Gerber type trainers on the market to fit us adult sized kids.

So far the best I have seen and heard are the products from baby-pants. She is trying very hard to come up with products that not only "look right (or as close as practical) but also have high performance, and do the job they are designed to do. So for now, with regards to trainers, I'll go with baby-pants products.

ABU, to me, is just a con job and rip off joint. They offer little and demand a premium for it. I doubt these 'trainers' or what ever they are, wont perform worth a damn, and leave a lot of puddles on the floor and a frustrated wearer.

If you want quality, you have to demand it and be willing to pay for it....ABU isn't 'quality'...and they even admit it with their description above...."we are using a filler of batting, to make them 'look' right, but if you want them to actually perform, you need to use a booster!

WTF...

Avoid these and other products from this vendor, they obviously aren't worth what ever they plan on charging. :screwy:

Stick with what works...and so far for me thats baby-pants....and I say that only because no one else ia making any kind of comperable adult sized trainers.

• Like 2