LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Terry Trouble

Looking for some advice from the more experienced posters here.

My wife recently bought some terry nappies/diapers for me from Ebay and surprised me last week by laying me down on our maritial bed, powdering me up and pinning an above mentioned terry on me. She pulled a pair of plastic pants over the top and tucked me in.

Shortly when it was time to wee I stood up (Not wanting to chance leaking first time out) and let go slowly. As I did the urine went straight through the terry and ended up in a puddle at the bottom of the plastic pants.(Which fortunatley held)

I had understood from posts here that terry nappies/diapers were as good disposables so perhaps I did something wrong.

Any ideas?

(Just for the record we used the kite fold method)

Hi, If you used only 1 diaper that is the problem. Next time fold a 2nd diaper into the center of the diaper being pinned on as a soaker If this isn't enough add a 3rd diaper the next time. Even with babies, a prefold cloth diaper has multiple layers in the middle and flat fold diapers are sized big enough to fold into 2 or 3 layers. That's one of the advantages to cloth is if you are a heavy wetter you can easily add absorbency. I hope this helps.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1

Were they run through the washer and dryer a few times first? You have to get them all fluffed up. And use 2-3 layers, or even more if needed.

Oh, and baby cloth diapers folded longways down the middle can help.

I had the same problem with well used bath towels when I used them for diapers, unless you add something to absorb the wetness quickly it go's right thru.

The thing that bothered me about cloth was the wet all over feeling after it spread to the whole diaper, that is why I went back to plastic covered disposables, some may like that feeling but I like the dryer feeling with disp..

Like mentioned:

Wash them several times, this removes any chemicals left on the cloth from manufacturing. Also, do not use and fabric softener, this will also reduce absorbency.

Double/tripple/+ the layers. Most 'prefold' cloth diapers have a 4-8 layer soaker panel in the center. unlike a disposable which mainly uses SAP to absorb the fluid (which expands hundreds of times it original size), cloth diaper absorbency is limited to how much it can physically hold given its size.

Plastic pants should also fit snug enough that it does not allow fluid to pool up at the bottom

Personally, i love them, but i dont. For reasons mentioned above. I really dont care for how they feel after they are wet, especially if you dont wear a onesie or sleeper, they tend to feel really cold and clamy after a short time :(

But, its also pretty hard to beat a cloth diaper for absorption rate and preventing leaks if your a side-sleeper!

The plastic pants were too big/loose if pee could pool far away from the diaper - try pulling the pants up higher. While cloth diapers will absorb, they don't lock it away like disposables do so once soaked, putting any pressure on a cloth diaper will squeeze the pee free from the material just like wringing a towel out. The trick is to stop it getting to the point of being soaked by adding more layers. The more absorbency you want, the more layers you need so if you're looking for a diaper that can survive overnight heavy wetting, you need it to be quite thick, at least 3 or 4 layers, if not more.

Also, what people said about washing is very important. If you use fabric conditioner or don't wash it a few times before use, the chemical coating on the fibres will stop it absorbing so well and pee will run through.