LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Describe The "Perfect" Disposable

I've been led into an opportunity to invest in an up and coming AB-targeted company, but where my money goes, there also goes my influence, and I tend to like to get a feel for how close the intended products are to the customer's wants. So I'm curious:

1) Absorbency is obviously a big deal with diaper fans. How much is enough? Would something that could beat an Abena M4 get you excited?

2) Colors/prints - obviously if the thing looks creepy, it's a turnoff, so any graphics would have to be tasteful. I've also heard a number of people indicate that a pink disposable would be a dream come true for them. Problem there is, we'd have to commit to that - are there enough users out there that would want a pink diaper to overcome the fact that a lot WOULDN'T?

3) Price. This is a big, big issue for everyone. What kind of price point would a company have to hit (with the above criteria in mind) for you to be willing to buy? I know the average for premium adult diapers is around $1.30-$1.50 apiece at case pricing, depending on the retailer, and ABU and Bambino both pretty well hit this number.

Beyond that, feel free to throw in random ideas and suggestions. Note: Don't even bother with pullups. OEM manufacturers expect an order of at least 30-40K units per size, and we all pretty much know adult pullups suck because there aren't enough sizes. No way a startup can generate enough up-front capital to do pullups right, as opposed to just offering the same old crap you can buy off the store shelves, only with cute prints on them.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. :)

I think just different kinds of prints is the best idea ones for boys and ones for girls. I dont think that has really bin done before I think it would be huge. I mean they make diapers for baby for both boy and girls I just like the idea of of that I would buy that and pay little extra for boy diaper with the print make it boyish.

1) never enough! :) oh yeah it would ;) especially if it had absorbency on the sides

2) I wouldn't wear pink! I prefer plain white only

3) if it rocks I'd sell anything that wasn't nailed down to buy it. Price of a dry 24x7 or even a little above.

Random idea: A boxer brief style but it is as thick as a dry 24 7 all the way around even on the sides? Could be pull on or tape all the way down te side rather than 2 fasteners.

Good thoughts. Peanut - following Zeus' suggestions (boy/girl print options), would you be into a blue one with prints?

I would definitely try it but would be more excited by a white one with boyish prints on it, like the goodnites. If it was all blue probably not as much. The plastic backing would have to be white because blue plastic would remind me if a chuck

I guess performance wise I would like to see more diaper fluff in the wings at the front of the diaper. It should at least match the absorbancy of the premium brands on the market today IMO so we could really use it as opposed to just look good in it :D

I would buy pink diapers but just for putting my wife in them. I'd wear a pink diaper but I wouldn't buy one specifically for myself. I like white diapers..... :whistling:

Front and rear waistbands, tape landing zone, 2 or even 3 tapes per side, thick diaper plastic, and a nice SCENT to top off the package....

That would be the perfect diaper IMO....

Sure absorbency but there seems to be a problem with sizing with folks. I think if possible you should have 4-5 sizes. Small/youth, medium, large, extra large(dry 24/7 large size). Tapes are another HUGE deal. Most folks wear them overnight and they don't hold. I use duct tape but most people don't want to. So tapes gonna be great!!! And yeah boy/girl would be great.

What I think would be great is if you had two different types of diapers also. A lot of folks wanna go out in diapers and be discreet. I, on the other hand want SUPER thick diapers I can wear at home behind closed doors. Like thicker and bigger than 24/7's. So if they made an outside and inside diaper would be great. Lets recap:

1. Multiple sizes y/s, m, l, xl

2. Gender specifics - pink girl, blue boy

3. Outside/inside types depicting thickness

4. Great tapes - to hold under a hurricane

5. Absorbency - adding it to all areas of diaper, like wing and side areas

6. Price....less than a Fabine but I would do a little more than dry 24/7's

These are of course just "my" wish lists and I know that some, if not all, would be very hard to implement but just thought I would write them down just incase. :thumbsup:

Actually, I think cheaper AB (and DL to) clothing would be better, I think we have enough different diapers honestly, but clothing in adult sizes that even looks cute is so expensive it's out of most people's price ranges. Just my 2 cents. ;)

• Like 1

Sure absorbency but there seems to be a problem with sizing with folks. I think if possible you should have 4-5 sizes. Small/youth, medium, large, extra large(dry 24/7 large size). Tapes are another HUGE deal. Most folks wear them overnight and they don't hold. I use duct tape but most people don't want to. So tapes gonna be great!!! And yeah boy/girl would be great.

What I think would be great is if you had two different types of diapers also. A lot of folks wanna go out in diapers and be discreet. I, on the other hand want SUPER thick diapers I can wear at home behind closed doors. Like thicker and bigger than 24/7's. So if they made an outside and inside diaper would be great. Lets recap:

1. Multiple sizes y/s, m, l, xl

2. Gender specifics - pink girl, blue boy

3. Outside/inside types depicting thickness

4. Great tapes - to hold under a hurricane

5. Absorbency - adding it to all areas of diaper, like wing and side areas

These are of course just "my" wish lists and I know that some, if not all, would be very hard to implement but just thought I would write them down just incase. :thumbsup:

1/2/3, if combined, would equal a 6-figure-plus outlay just to be able to stock them. You're talking 4 sizes x 2 colors x 2 thicknesses x 30K units per size/color/thickness = initial purchase of half a million units just to have stock in all the options - all in the hopes that they would move quickly enough to pay off the loan one would have to take to buy that much initial stock...

It's a great goal to reach for, but not something that could reasonably be met by an initial launch.

That said, a recurrent theme I'm hearing is (essentially) a broader fluff pad, one that covered everywhere, not just the "down the middle" section - this is good stuff.

Guest woodyallen

I personally like white with a little bit of color in it. Say what you will about Depends and their absorbency, but I love how they look with the greenish accents on the waistband and leak guards, they're extremely comfortable too. Ideally, my day diaper would be thin enough to be fairly discreet but still enough bulk to remind me that I'm wearing one, maybe enough for a slight waddle and barely noticeable to someone who was really looking for it, but nothing over the top or exhibitionist. Diapers should have plastic backing, front and back waistbands, and standing leak guards. It's harder and harder to find plastic diapers nowadays, let alone with leak guards, and practically impossible to find all that WITH the waistbands at a reasonable price. Duane Reade sells briefs like that but the absorbency is horrible and the plastic feels really cheap. Not everybody can afford Abenas, and the tapes aren't always too great on those either. A reinforced landing zone plus some good sticky tape would be excellent so we don't have to go over it again with packing tape. Side coverage on the wings is also nice. The Tena briefs here in NYC don't have standing leak guards but the three string thing that they have that goes almost all around the padding is excellent, helps prevent leaks while laying on your back. Night diapers should be thick enough that you have a noticeable waddle, obviously with extra absorbency as well, and all the other features I mentioned before. Color isn't too important as long as it's not garish or too loud, like some neon green diapers I've seen. I'd say plastic, waistbands, and leak guards would be the most important things for me, as they all influence comfort.

So, to recap, if you don't feel like reading the entire post :Crylol: :

1. Plastic that doesn't feel super-cheap

2. Standing leak guards

3. Waistbands

4. Decent tapes

5. Absorbency/bulk

All these things would make a great diaper.

1. Thick plastic backing (llike dry 24/7)

2. Padding that extends into the wings

3. Plain white (easier on the wallet for a startup co.?)

4. If thick and as absorbant as a dry 24/7 then 3 tapes per side

Pretty much I say take a dry 24/7 add a thrid tape per side, more padding in the wings, a little more padding in the front for us guys.

i almost always put a super and ultra stuffer in mine, so nhdl got it right, but thicker than the dry 24/7.

as for the idea of prints, id want a package of those to be plain white, but come with cute "stick on's" in the package. cause most days i want a thick white diaper, but other days i wanna be cute. cheaper that way too

So you're a plain white guy, or white with some tasteful graphic additions guy?

Yea....plain white works for me....I have a couple Bambino's with the baby print left but I still prefer an all white, plain diaper :whistling:

However, I'm not really an AB...more of a DL so my tastes will vary from those folks who tend towards the AB side of life :D

Well, the more answers I get, the more I realize how much of a moving target this is, and how unlikely this company's chances are of hitting a mark that is different enough from the other ABDL products on the market, but still able to hit enough of them to move units.

It is a dream but

1 I like the different colors, but no prints

2 Unbelievable absorbancy say maybe 2 gallons :whistling:

3 Very thick say several Dry 24/7's with a cloth thickness

4 Crinkly plastic

5 Enough tapes to hold it all together

Also more discreet versions that could be worn outside. But, this is a dream and not very cost effective. :crybaby:

Well, the more answers I get, the more I realize how much of a moving target this is, and how unlikely this company's chances are of hitting a mark that is different enough from the other ABDL products on the market, but still able to hit enough of them to move units.

In that case maybe concentrate on the absolute THICKEST you can make it. Head and shoulders above the rest. One that is thick even when dry unlike bambino. Make a name for itself on the market.. When someone asks what is the thickest diaper? The answer is this one! I think if it is hands down the thickest that will set apart from any other competition and abdls will want it whether it's pink, blue, purple, or white. Diversify the colors and prints later, start out basic with a mission statement to make the THICKEST MOST ABSORBANT diaper ever known to mankind.

For me,

1)Needs to have uber absorbancy

2)NO BULKING! I dont know how but Secure got it right. If i walk around in a molicare or aneba they will bulk up after a lil while (even if not from wetting) so having them NOT bulk up from just walking around would be AWSOME.

3)Yeah I do like some thickness, I don't want to feel like I just put a couple pieces of tp down there lol.

4) Agreeing with the previous poster, LEAK GUARDS! Everyone always ranted and raved about attends before, but they never had leak guards and i never liked that.

I've tried dozens of different type of disposables over the last

20+ years and so far my favorite is Super Dry Kids by AB Universe.

Yet, they COULD be better.

Here's the features of Super Dry Kids that I like:

Single tape on each side THAT REALLY HOLDS! In fact, some will say that it holds

TO GOOD - Meaning that you can rip the front landing strip just trying to get the

tape loose. On the other hand, I never have to worry about the tapes coming loose

during the night! And the single tape really gives it a "Baby" feeling.

No wetness indicator... If you're going for a baby-like diaper, you don't need one!

Side wing padding... These diapers have padding that goes pretty far into the wings.

Some disposables just look like a long maxi-pad! If you're a guy, and a side sleeper,

you need a diaper with padded wings!

Leg gathers... A nice feature that gives a liitle more protection.

The cute design on the landing strip... Makes it more baby-ish.

The white plastic backing... Easy to see the "yellow" of someone's wet diaper!

So How would I make this diaper better?

Thicker... All over. In the middle and in the wings. Right now, when I wear a Super

Dry KIds diaper to bed, I put a booster pad in it for better absorbancy.

Elastic waist band... Would be nice, though with more padding, might not be needed.

An all-white diaper... Better for traveling, when you don't want to explain to the

TSA agents why you have baby prints on your "Incontinence Briefs"!

In that case maybe concentrate on the absolute THICKEST you can make it. Head and shoulders above the rest. One that is thick even when dry unlike bambino. Make a name for itself on the market.. When someone asks what is the thickest diaper? The answer is this one! I think if it is hands down the thickest that will set apart from any other competition and abdls will want it whether it's pink, blue, purple, or white. Diversify the colors and prints later, start out basic with a mission statement to make the THICKEST MOST ABSORBANT diaper ever known to mankind.

Well, then we're into that Fabine territory, where we've gone from the ridiculous to the sublime. Knowing what manufacturers charge for extra SAP, never mind extra pulp, I can't imagine how much per unit it'd cost to basically have cloth-diaper thickness in a disposable.