LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cleaning Plastic Pants

So a few days ago I had a wonderfully happy experience with my new vinyl pants, without a diaper in them. You can probably fill in the details there ;)

Thing is, I have been unable to get the thing clean since then. When I cleaned up afterwards I washed it all down with hot soapy water in the shower and dried it, and it seemed to be fine. However there was a lingering nasty smell stuck to it still which I thought might be impregnated in the elastic, so I soaked it in a hot bleach solution for 5 minutes today and rinsed it thoroughly - it still smells! How can this be?

At least it's sterile now, but the plastic itself has retained something which I can't get out. I thought you veterans might be able to advise me on this one.

Most of my plastic pants now have stains around the legs where my dirty nappies have spilled into them, You can wash thoroughly even in the washing machine but still a little smell will stay or some time afterwards, as will the reddish stains. Seems like if you are going to bring them into contact with feaces this will always happen. :(

• 2 weeks later...

So a few days ago I had a wonderfully happy experience with my new vinyl pants, without a diaper in them. You can probably fill in the details there ;)

Thing is, I have been unable to get the thing clean since then. When I cleaned up afterwards I washed it all down with hot soapy water in the shower and dried it, and it seemed to be fine. However there was a lingering nasty smell stuck to it still which I thought might be impregnated in the elastic, so I soaked it in a hot bleach solution for 5 minutes today and rinsed it thoroughly - it still smells! How can this be?

At least it's sterile now, but the plastic itself has retained something which I can't get out. I thought you veterans might be able to advise me on this one.

Wish I could help you there, Entropy. I've pooped many times in just my vinyl pants and I was always able to clean them sufficiently enough using Woolite and hot water. They vinyl does absorb oils from the poop and can "tint" them (my vinyl pants are clear, so you can definitely notice it) but they don't smell too bad.

My best answer to this and the "smells" post is after I have cleaned myself and my pants in the shower, I put the pants back on and soap up with my antibacterial soap. I wash myself, the inside and outside of the pants and stay that way for a few minutes. Then rinse and repeat, maybe a few times. Don't forget the elastics. To me this is a mater of hygiene, but also really helps the smells.

I also use baby shampoo, to try and leave a better smell. In the end (pun intended) it still takes time to go away. Once dry, my pants don't have a smell.

Well, ya know....if you would stop crapping in your pants like a baby, then they would'nt stink! :P

(kidding...really)

I have some pps that I have had this happen from diaper leaks...getting the stains out of the elastic is fun, and the smell....well they are diapers..thats what baby powder is for :P Though I do like the baby shampoo idea in the shower :thumbsup:

They're fine now. All it needed was some mild soap and a lot of good scrubbing.

For the record, they're quite a heavy black vinyl so there's no staining. I think in future I won't leave them for so long before giving them a thorough clean. I didn't wash them off all that well right afterwards, so that probably gave the plastic time to absorb smells and it was much harder to clean them later on.