LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Attends? Man, I Had High Hopes!

so i recently bought a pack of attends with the elastic waistband. I was excited about these because i notice their name all over websites. So i bought a pack and then tried them on, they fit me horribly for one, but after i got the diaper some what in a good position, i started to wet it slowly, so i could gauge how well the diaper is going to hold up. I will say, it held at least 2 good wettings for me, but after moving around, all of the absorbent material in the diaper all shifted down to the lowest point of the diaper and just sat there, i was so pissed off, and decided to take it off and try again later thinking that maybe that diaper wasnt put together right, nope, the next one sucked just as much as the first one. So, i broke my cardinal rule of diapers, never throw away a good diaper(it can be used as a booster in another diaper), but i broke it and threw away like 16 good diapers, thats how upset i was with these diapers, i would recommend depends over these. So i actually drove an hour out of town to go and get some more Tranquility ATN diapers, and boy a world of difference.( i cant order anything to my house, i live with my parents and my mom is nosy).

Did they always used to be this bad?

No....Attends used to be much better back when Proctor and Gamble owned the brand. Paper-pak bought it some years ago now and the quality steadily declined to what we have today. Attends used to be a premium brand back in the late 80's and 90's. Heck, they even had a scent to them as well. Not like a Pampers or baby type scent, but it was there none the less :whistling:

I kept hoping that P&G would buy attends back. I remember the old attends fondly they were the first adult diaper I tried. Who knows with the rate at which P&G is making bigger and bigger baby diapers they may well be making adult diapers soon :)

• Like 1

I have often wondered why the on-the-shelf adult diapers are so terrible. I realize that most incontinent individuals order online now, but a company could easily steal all of Depend's business if they could put something on the shelf that held twice as much without costing twice as much.

• Like 1

I have often wondered why the on-the-shelf adult diapers are so terrible. I realize that most incontinent individuals order online now, but a company could easily steal all of Depend's business if they could put something on the shelf that held twice as much without costing twice as much.

I wonder where the true adult diaper market really is....besides nursing homes and hospitals I mean. If I was truly incontinent and needed a product to keep me dry during the day I certainly wouldn't trust any of the 'off the shelf' or super market brands out there....

I have to wonder if the majority of folks who suffer from incontinence usually deal with dribble issues as opposed to full on voiding. Its been my experience in the past that a generic brand diaper cannot control the flood of a full on voiding, and I have a small bladder to begin with. From the way the diaper market here in North America is heading with pull ups as opposed to taped on diapers I suspect this scenario to be true.

They must be making money and selling their products or they wouldn't be around.

Even when I first tried Attends in 2003-2004 they were good. They fit me perfectly, looked good, and were just awesome. The downgrades since then even are drastic and I can't wear them anymore.

But yes, Attends used to be a lot better than they are now.

I have had pretty good luck with Attends. But I think that they are a one-and-done diaper. IE: A one wet diaper. I am able to get one wetting out of my Attends and then they need to be changed. If you look at them as a one and done they are on par with most widely avaliable dipaers. They certainly will not stand up to Bambino or other high quality diapers in terms of absorbancy or fit, but for a short term use diaper they are pretty good. I have been buying a case a month for the last year and use them quite often and have not had any major issues. They are not as good as some of the Attends from 10 years ago but overally I like them for feel of plastic and price.

• Like 1

I agree with the OP in that the Attends are not that absorbent, and they do "clump." I also agree with the above poster that they are a "one and done" diaper. I, for one, like their fit and LOVE the plastic and crinkliness of them. IMHO, they are the most crinkly diaper on the market.