LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abu Fabine

Fair enough points, however if I read that review correctly the diaper only held up to 2.5kg before it hit capacity which is only 5.5lbs and the claims have been 9lbs. And of course he did mention that he normally wears larges so that probably had some effect but I have my doubts that its 3.5lbs of effect. So once again things looking fishy

That's what someone else was talking about, because they were using water to test the capacity instead of a urine substitute. Plus, that when they were testing the capacity, they were applying the water evenly instead of simulating a wearer's natural position. You could say that the 4 Liter is the maximum capacity under very special circumstances :P

That made me chuckle. :)

I look forward to seeing how it performs under real world conditions.

You mean that this is REAL? :o I was hoping it was all just a nightmare that would go away when I woke up! :roflmao: [end sarcasm]

I got a laugh out of that too :D I'm skeptical of all promotional claims made by anyone until they are proven -_- Especially when the testing technique is known to be inaccurate :angry2: That just doesn't make sense to me, but I'm sticking by my guns- let's wait and see what happens before bashing indiscriminately. There's always hope that things will be as good- or even better- than what you expect them to be ;)

Bettypooh

I'm waiting to see how these do in "real world" testing as well. Theses do look interesting.

A random thought, I wonder if you compare a baby diaper to the weight for which it is intended to be used, how thick/large an adult diaper has to be before we get to the same size to weight ratio.

• Like 1

Definately would need a good onesie if they hold as much as they say. Ice tea fest we have here at the end of may would be interesting. Easily drink a gallon of tea in 4-6 hours...

My heavy-weight cloth diapers hold a lot- don't know how much since I've never tested them scientifically- but I do know that when you are talking about this much liquid/weight, it's going to have to be t-i-g-h-t at the waist or it will fall down :o My somewhat limited experience with disposables tells me that the plastic cover will stretch or split at this level- if the tapes hold :o Until I learned how to pin tightly I've had my diaper start sliding down several times after a good soaking :angel_not: Once was in a store and I was scared to death some security camera operator would think I was putting merchandise down my pants as I tried to pull it up :whistling: That was the last time wearing cloth in public till I learned to pin better :blush: If people here try these and say they're up to par I will certainly want to try them- dry diapers aren't as much fun as wet ones! :lol:

Bettypooh

I was listening to the radio show and they had the guy that made the diaper on air with them as their special guest. Theyre made in germany, and the guys at ABU claim it holds 9 lbs of water. Or at least weighed 9lbs with all the water they had been pouring in it. Also claim that the ulta mega absorbancy will make it worth the price, but still three bucks for a single diaper????? I mean even the "nasa" diapers arent THAT pricey. I hope they decide to come down in price, I would like to at least try one.

I was listening to the radio show and they had the guy that made the diaper on air with them as their special guest. Theyre made in germany, and the guys at ABU claim it holds 9 lbs of water. Or at least weighed 9lbs with all the water they had been pouring in it. Also claim that the ulta mega absorbancy will make it worth the price, but still three bucks for a single diaper????? I mean even the "nasa" diapers arent THAT pricey. I hope they decide to come down in price, I would like to at least try one.

I wouldn't mind trying a sample or 2 when they come out, and will import them from abuniverse. But a whole case of 100 for $299 is plain rediclous, are they gold trimmed or something... lmfao

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind trying a sample or 2 when they come out, and will import them from abuniverse. But a whole case of 100 for $299 is plain rediclous, are they gold trimmed or something... lmfao

gold trimmed LOL

ABU is my favourite company, the Cushies are my favourite diaper of all time. Considering where they are located, the prices are much lower than I expected on all their stock (we pay a lot in taxes here and the local government is enforcing taxes on internet orders). I'm not a huge fan of massive absorbancy, but will likely try these in the future just to see what they are like. As for the whole political argument about where it's made and all that, who cares? It's a new option, and options are always better than only having one choice. As for the "$3 per diaper" .... that actually fits what I would be paying for less appealing ones here anyway, even shipped.

ABU is my favourite company, the Cushies are my favourite diaper of all time. Considering where they are located, the prices are much lower than I expected on all their stock (we pay a lot in taxes here and the local government is enforcing taxes on internet orders). I'm not a huge fan of massive absorbancy, but will likely try these in the future just to see what they are like. As for the whole political argument about where it's made and all that, who cares? It's a new option, and options are always better than only having one choice. As for the "$3 per diaper" .... that actually fits what I would be paying for less appealing ones here anyway, even shipped.

Bambino comes out to about 2 bucks a diaper when shipped to Seattle, it seems. Definitely not cheap.

We haven't seen what the shipping and handling costs will be for the Fabine yet. It may be that they come out closer to 4 per diaper, considering the size or the product, unless ABU gets a free shipping deal going. *crossing my fingers for you folks who are waiting for it*

Bambino comes out to about 2 bucks a diaper when shipped to Seattle, it seems. Definitely not cheap.

We haven't seen what the shipping and handling costs will be for the Fabine yet. It may be that they come out closer to 4 per diaper, considering the size or the product, unless ABU gets a free shipping deal going. *crossing my fingers for you folks who are waiting for it*

Free shipping on $100 or more. ;)

• Like 1

Free shipping on $100 or more. ;)

Neither here nor there with that one, as not everybody buys 80 diapers at once.

Oh. Reporting: Shipping cost on the sample was 3.26. That's pretty much perfectly normal. It's being sent through USPS, which means I will probably not see it until the end of the week.

But a whole case of 100 for $299 is plain rediclous, are they gold trimmed or something... lmfao

I dunno, the price seems reasonable to me for a specialty product. I can afford the money for some fun a few times a week. Until PG and Kimberly Clark start making adult size pampers and huggies I can make a mess out of I will buy them.

I dunno, the price seems reasonable to me for a specialty product. I can afford the money for some fun a few times a week. Until PG and Kimberly Clark start making adult size pampers and huggies I can make a mess out of I will buy them.

$3 per unit for a diaper that's almost cute until you see the website address splattered across the landing zone is a dealbreaker for me. I'm not interested in being anyone's billboard, even if only in my own bedroom.

• Like 2

$3 per unit for a diaper that's almost cute until you see the website address splattered across the landing zone is a dealbreaker for me. I'm not interested in being anyone's billboard, even if only in my own bedroom.

They seem to be getting their own print on the diaper, not the Secure Plus print from the dies they are using.

Or does it now have the new maker's website on the landing zone instead? Last time I saw it it just had cute stuff on it, but honestly they're so shady about the product that I haven't paid too much attention. That and the audio on their website is kinda grating on me at the moment. Clashes with my hearing.

I can't wait to get some. I'd probably just order a 10 pack as it'd be a novelty.

If you honestly realize what this diaper is, then $3 per diaper, isn't too bad. Yeah, $300 for a case, but it's a case of 100 too. Still $3 per unit but Bambino's wind up being $1.60 per unit for large or $160 for 100 diapers. These new abu type of diapers are more of a novelty diaper, as are many other print diapers. Not something you'd likely wear as a regular diaper. Just when you're in the mood. I have trouble filling the Bambino diapers(or diapers like it under another name) to capacity before I feel there's too much of an odor and in need of a change unless I'm drinking lots of fluids. Also, I like diaper changes, so why would I only want one per day?

Either way, I think this will be a great new diaper, to have fun with, play around in and enjoy the thickness and absorbency. It's much more than just $3 and super absorbent. It's very babyish and has a cute print in my opinion. Very much like a baby diaper. The die hard bambino fans probably wouldn't have any trouble paying another $1 per diaper if they made them twice as thick and a full print.

Many of us just need to remember...if you want a super thick, babyish printed, over the top diaper with all the features, you're gonna have to pay. Simple as that!! What do you expect a diaper like this to cost anyway??? Be realistic. It's like buying anything. There's the base model, the middle of the road and the over the top. This one's over the top! May not fit everyone's niche but it's probably worth the cost. It's not like ABU is paying the same cost for this diaper as they are for the Cushie and raking in tons of extra money. Knowing ABU, the price will likely drop eventually too.

• Like 2

Only time will tell whether this diaper even is worth $3 per diaper even as a novelty diaper...I am willing to bet the absorbency is even with a Bambino or Molicare or less. Of course the design is cute - but not enough to justify in my mind the price for such a novelty of a diaper. Gotta pay the bills :-)

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

At the bare minimum, I'll be waiting until they actually ship and there are some reports here (and at ADISC) on them before I pony up.

I'm just irritated that this was the bait-and-switch for those of us who were waiting for their Extra Thick Overnights that were supposed to be shipping in December of last year.

I would have paid $2-$2.50 per unit for simply a more absorbent version of the SDK's I am already happy with regarding design. Of course, I find the Cushies to be a bit over the top already, but that's just me...

I am still stunned at the price they are charging...I applaud them for coming out with something new but honestly - if you know anything about what it takes to actually make these diapers you would know they are severely over charging this product and combined with fabrication of absorbency (7+ lbs of fluid???) - I just wish they would be a bit more honest and not take advantage of jacking up the price on their product.

• Like 3