LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

All Day Wearing?

Guest dragonmaster4066

it depends on the diaper and the person, plus if you used creams and powder. for a first timer i would only let it go a few hours. if you used cream and powder you should be ok. i wear all the time myself and use creams and powder at all times and some days i can go all day in a wet diaper.

Guest little_jonny

it depends (no pun indented) some diapers can hold for 2 or three wettings, while some can hold up to about 5 or more. just when you feel like your diaper is at it's limit or time for a change, take wipes and clean very well down there, or grab a hot bath and clean up with soap really well.

I have no bladder control, so I must wear some kind of diaper 24/7.

So probably I approach the timing of my changes differently than many DL who actually have control.

Except when sleeping in a relatively cool room, I am going to change at least every 5 hours because even if a diaper can hold more urine, it cannot prevent stale urine turning sour. My skin can deal with some abuse, but not over-exposure to stale urine. Knowing I am going to change before my disposable is at capacity, to me buying expensive disposables is a waste. For me utilitarian Attends (Breathable or Youth) have enough capacity.

When a person suddenly starts wearing diapers, their skin is not as resistant to stale urine and rash forms quickly. My advice is to start off changing every 4 hours or so and clean really well before putting on the first diaper, between every change and after removing the final diaper. Use a decent quality baby wipe, and use more than one per change and a whole lot more than one if you poop in a diaper.

Parents see this sort of thing with children approaching toilet training. When a kid is without a diaper all day, and then wears the same diaper 8-10 hours in bed, there is much more diaper rash than earlier when the same child was diapered 24/7.

Since you are beginning 24/7 wearing,I would recommend just a few hours. Your skin is not used to being exposed to your urine, and it takes time to get your skin adapted to urine contact. If you keep at it though you'll be able to sit in soaked and full diapers all day with no worries. Use quality wipes (1 if wet, maybe 2 if changing from a dirty nappy). And shower if you feel like it.

• Like 1

It depends on your skin condition and fluid intake. I don't like changing before the diaper is full b/c it wastes diapers, which aren't exactly cheap. On the other hand, if you can make a diaper last 12+ hours you should be drinking more fluids. The more you drink, the more dilute your urine becomes. The more dilute your urine is, the less likely it is to irritate and cause a rash.

According to recent medical research, some 33% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. 8 glasses of water a day isn't some old wives tale, it is sound health advice.

• Like 2

I agree, if you drink mostly water, you can change less often. However if you are drinking lots of sweet stuff or alcohol, your diaper will tend to smell more quickly and more frequent changing will be in order.

I usually change every 3-5 hours, depending upon how much I've drank (water is good to drink, but the more you drink, the more you go). I wear Depends Maximum Protection, Naps (from Mann's Drug Store), or Walgreens diapers. I've only had diaper rash a couple of times- I'm heavy handed with the diaper cream in the front and the back.

I usually change every 3-5 hours, depending upon how much I've drank (water is good to drink, but the more you drink, the more you go). I wear Depends Maximum Protection, Naps (from Mann's Drug Store), or Walgreens diapers. I've only had diaper rash a couple of times- I'm heavy handed with the diaper cream in the front and the back.

Seems like a sound practice, you just need to get some better diapers. Try the Abena X-plus or Dry 24/7. If you get 3-5 hours out of Depends you can get 6-10 out of those.

And definitely stick to that water.

the only diaper i will even consider going over 10 hrs in is dry 24/7 had to go 14hrs one-day (no oppertunity to change) and it held up but i wouldnt risk it ..... abena x plus,secure x plus,bambino 6-8hrs max, any other brands will be changed at every 4-5 hrs..... the cheaper they are the more often they need to be changed.

to prevent odor and rash issues changing after 6hrs should be done. (but thats not always feasable)

it varies from person to person and to how much their diaper will hold.

but I read on incon site somewhere that wearing for more then 4 hours exccept at night is not reccomended.

:smiley-baby-boy:

Guest aielen

Today has been the first day that I've worn diapers all day long. I was just wondering WHEN I should be changing my diaper. How long is it okay to sit in my wet diaper before I become at risk of getting a rash?

Change quickly. rash sucks