LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Saran Wrap To Seal Diapers

That is an interesting idea. I have been using duct tape for over a year now. I just duct tape the legs of my diaper to my skin. Rarely ever leaks but duct tape hurts when it is time to take off and leaves sticky marks for a couple of days. Plastic wrap could be my solution. How does it work, exactly?

I sale this stuff .......

You can get stretch wrap aka stretch film, at most packing supply places and (of course) online. Basically its a little thicker than saran wrap, it clings to itself and comes in a variety of widths - 3" - 30". You wrap yourself with the stuff and it is impossible to get to your diaper or anything else you wrap in it. Some people use it as a bondage device, wrap a person entirely and they cant move until you cut them out.

It is fun stuff - I suggest if you are into this type of thing, try it out.

One note: There is similar stuff called shrink film which is commonly mistaken for stretch wrap. Shrink film requires a heat source (similar to a hairdryer) to shrink to whatever it is wrapping.

**even though I know most our members are intellegent enough to figure it out ..... I feel there are those "special" few that needs this warning:

do not wrap your mouth, nose area - you can sufficate and die.

Suran wrap? It's not very effective. Here's why. It it compressing to the diaper. Simple science, if something must expand to accept your "deposit" and you don't allow the object to expand, you lose absorbency. Regarding leaks, it works ok for a bit, but the amount of constriction required to get a water-tight seal is not worth the actual pain involved, unless that is your thing. I should mention that when I rediscovered diapers as a kid, I tried the suran wrap thing many times over the years to see if there was something I could do to improve it, nothing ever worked. I just had an uncomfortably tight diaper that leaked anyway.

If you want to try something similar, get some white garbage bags, cut two leg holes, and delicately stretch and tape them around your diaper. Tuck it in the top of your diaper and sinch it snug with a little duct tape. Voila, disposable plastic pants. FYI, I am not giving you all of the details involved as it is a process that takes a bit of practice. I have been using garbage bags as disposable plastic pants for a good 20 years and have rarely had a leak. In fact, I have bought several pairs of professionally made plastic pants, only to be disappointed and revert to the garbage bags again. (Also, the garbage bag has a nice crinkle sound, if you like that kind of thing.)

Finally, before any of you judge, try it...

Will

I suppose it could be interesting in a bondage type situation.

My fiancee will sometimes cover over the tapes of my Bambino with packing tape if he wants me "stuck" in the diaper for a while. It can be entertaining if a vibrator or remote egg is involved too. ^_^

• Like 1

I use decorated packing tape.... you can find lots of different types on ebay... search cram cream tape or decorated packing tape...

it keeps me in the diapers, and makes em all cute and pretty!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The plastic wrap is used mostly to seal the waist and legs against leaks, as well as making it harder to get at the diaper. so at the legs and waist, wrap fairly tight, but around the bulk of the diaper- don't wrap as tightly- willyrides is correct- if you compress the diaper padding to much you reduce the sorbant's ability to expand.

The cling film I prefer for this is a crystal clear plastic about 6" wide, makes it much easier to wrap and control. You could cut a roll of 12' in half, but you have to be careful not to heat the plastic when you cut the roll or it will be stuck together at the cut end.. :crybaby:

Wrap so you have an extra 4-6 inches of several layers of plastic out from the legs and waist, and follow up with your choice of tape. After a little experimentation you'll be able to secure your diaper so that you cannot remove it without scissors. :)

It sounds like this is a matter of personal preference. I know of a guy that uses black plastic garbage bags over his diapers. He likes a nice tight fit as do you it would appear. Most of us are fine with vinyl or plastic pants over our diapers but hey, to each his own.

Do you just wrap it all around your body?

You can do that, but i fear that's getting a bit into a fetish area or bondange and since I'm new, I want to stay on topic! I'll usually wrap tightly around the leg openings and the waist, both on the diaper and on the skin. it seems that about 4 layers provides the support and adhesion to keep the diaper sealed, I'l have no less than 4 and uaually 6 inches of overlap on the skin and the plastic of the diaper- I suppose I should mention these are molicare super plus in size one or two, (sometimes both!). You'll probably want bigger sizes.

Gotta love American innovation!

I'll need to try these techniques they all sound promising, the stretch wrap, garbage bag, and the plastic wrap. We'll see how easy it is for a first timer to attempt them.

well certainly better than using it for contraception or v.d. prevention

*still gonna wrap dat wrap around my face real tight no matter how many times you tell meh not toooo*whee i see little carradines all over da wall :o

• 2 weeks later...

Suran wrap? It's not very effective. Here's why. It it compressing to the diaper. Simple science, if something must expand to accept your "deposit" and you don't allow the object to expand, you lose absorbency. Regarding leaks, it works ok for a bit, but the amount of constriction required to get a water-tight seal is not worth the actual pain involved, unless that is your thing. I should mention that when I rediscovered diapers as a kid, I tried the suran wrap thing many times over the years to see if there was something I could do to improve it, nothing ever worked. I just had an uncomfortably tight diaper that leaked anyway.

If you want to try something similar, get some white garbage bags, cut two leg holes, and delicately stretch and tape them around your diaper. Tuck it in the top of your diaper and sinch it snug with a little duct tape. Voila, disposable plastic pants. FYI, I am not giving you all of the details involved as it is a process that takes a bit of practice. I have been using garbage bags as disposable plastic pants for a good 20 years and have rarely had a leak. In fact, I have bought several pairs of professionally made plastic pants, only to be disappointed and revert to the garbage bags again. (Also, the garbage bag has a nice crinkle sound, if you like that kind of thing.)

Will

Unless I take a large cup of liquid and pour it into the diaper / plastic pants I have on - I havent had any "professionally made" plastic pants leak. Purhaps you should try a different pair. :smiley-baby-boy:

Will

Suran wrap and stretch wrap are different products. Regardless - a good seal on a person (to prevent leaks) with this stuff is nearly impossible to achieve. However - if you just use the stuff to prevent yourself from getting to the diaper it is very effective and does not effect absorbtion or increase leaks. I have used stretch wrap for this on many occasions and haven't leaked because of the wrap.