LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Minecraft

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

*bump*

Just started playing this past week or so. There were loads of things I was supposed to do but damn, this game is more addictive than crack, I'm sure...

Spent the afternoon building this little hideyhole in the cliff.

cqRlm.png

It's the product of maybe 2 hours work so it's definitely not finished yet but the stairs run from the door on the left up the cliff-side to a big open plan room at the top. It's positioned so that you can look out of that big window and watch the sun rise over the trees and the sea :D

As a matter of pure luck, just behind where I'm stood there was a small hole. I went down and found my first huge cave system. It had a dungeon, underground rivers, masses of passageways (haven't explored it all yet). Oh, and a crapload of sssssssssscreepers :unsure:. I almost flooded it by mistake when I put that waterfall in :lol:

Been playing on and off for a while, trying to figure out how I'm supposed to mine cliff faces without just building a tower. There HAS to be something better than a stairway!

Oh, and by the way, you know the thing in the 'new world' screen, where you enter a seed?

Put difficulty on 'peaceful', put 'gargamel' into the seed section.

Search the cave for an exit.

Climb out.

Look around.

Have fun.

• 3 months later...

Brilliant game, and just keeps getting better! I started playing it earlier this year and stopped due to work, only recently started again. Glad to see Pistons + other stuff is now available without modding.

I've played the gargamel seed in single player survival mode without any mods or "cheats" for about 30 hours in total, created a spacious and safe multi-level cave/house in the mountain that you initially spawn under. I'll probably add screenshots to my gallery at some point.

And I am by no means a Minecraft expert; on a scale of 1-10 my skill is probably 2, but I created this earlier..

post-9511-0-85963100-1310775510_thumb.jp

Thinking about creating more things like a crib, maybe add a secret virtual ABDL room to my cave since I can't have one in RL :crybaby:

So yeah if anyone wants to start a server I'd be interested :thumbsup:

post-9511-0-85963100-1310775510_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Just spent an hour or so building in a far-flung part of my SSP (legit) world :P

post-8967-0-27424700-1311892536_thumb.jp

Most of the time was spent chasing sheep about the place :P

Next step is to stick a bunch of sticky pistons and a crapload of redstone on a timer circuit behind the paci B)......

[edit] Some time later..... :P

Heheh av-8967.gif

Apologies for the crappy video quality, doing this on the laptop which creaks to run MC at the best of times, let alone when I'm doing video capture at the same time :P I ain't no redstone person either so it's not timed perfectly or anything like that...

post-8967-0-27424700-1311892536_thumb.jp

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did we ever get a server going?

I have been considering starting a server for AB/DLs, whitelist and invite only. I have resources available to run it - how many are interested? The biggest problem I have though is deciding how best to manage it though. I really would want us to be able to benefit from all of the 1.0 features, but Bukkit is not available for 1.0 yet so installing permission management and anti-grief measures is not really much of an option.

Anyone have any thoughts? We want to protect the server from bad guys, and a white list is a great start, but pretty much anyone could sign up for a DD account and request access. Maybe require someone have their DD account for a long time and/or have participation in the forums?

My Minecraft ID is easy as pie to link to my real-world ID so I'd have to invest in a second account before I could join an ABDL server (dammit Mojang, implement name changes already).

That said, I'd definitely be interested in a small, quiet and close-knit server. I don't play SMP much at all because of all the stupid kids who love to build penises out of obsidian and spout off in chat about what they did to your mother last night :rolleyes:. I'd like to change that...

I doubt there can be more than 10 or so active Minecraft players on this forum (this thread isn't exactly long and it's nearly a year old) so griefing shouldn't really be a problem so long as the server admin keeps track of who is who (keep track of forum names <==> in-game names), ban any trouble makers and name-and-shame them on here. That's plenty small enough to keep the server whitelisted and the IP semi-secret... Which is a good thing - I can think of a few 'well known' griefing crews who would leap all over an ABDL server were they to learn of it's existence.

I haven't played Minecraft in a good while due to my main computer breaking down and unfortunately my netbook can't handle it :(

On a netbook you might be out of luck anyway but have you considered installing OptiFine? It's a mod that seriously increases performance by fixing the crappier and slower parts of Mojang's code. It's the only way I can play on my laptop - frame rate goes up from about 3 on short view distance to a playable 20 or so on far view distance.

It used to be OptiMine. Then the guy who made it also created OptiFog which changed how the fog affected performance. Then they got merged together and became OptiFine.

It's definitely a mod though (see link) - Mojang ain't ever gonna implement it in the main code as far as I can see...

OK, I've created a server on an entirely experimental, test basis. It's pure vanilla so please play nicely. I make no guarantees whatsoever... If it goes down while I'm out or asleep, oh well... If it lags, sorry... If somebody wants to put something more stable/permanent and faster online, don't let this little exercise stop you.

Server version: 1.0.1 (supports 1.0.0 clients)

Max connected players: 5 (we'll see if I can support more if we need to)

Game Mode: Survival

PVP: Off for now unless people would prefer it on?

Monsters: On!

At the moment it's not white-listed but if we have any problems with people being annoying, it will be.

Get the server address here. You need to enter the address exactly as shown, including the port. Please don't spread the server address beyond this forum, thanks :)

Spawn is a clearing in a forest. The area inside the torches is protected and you can only build outside of it. I built a little log cabin with a bed, bench and furnace near spawn if you need it. I also put what was left of the wood from the clearing in a chest in there along with what bits and bobs I had left after building the hut. There's also a pig sitting in the top of the tree over your left shoulder as you join for some reason. I think it's watching you.

I've got a lot of stuff to do today but I'll drop in from time to time...

Survival: Where you have to collect items yourself, and craft them into stuff to make things (the normal way of playing the game)

as opposed to

Creative: Where you are given infinite quantities of every item right from the start and everybody builds houses with diamond block. Creative mode is fairly new (came in a few months ago)