LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hospital

Hi everyone i have a ???. I was wondering if anyone here has had back surgery? I'm going to have surgery on my back in a couple of weeks and wondering if i'll be put into diapers while i'm in the hospital. I know they will use a cath on me while in surgery but what will happen after the surgery :beer: I think it might be difficult to get out of bed to use the facilities. Anyone have any ideas or has anyone gone through this?

Hi everyone i have a ???. I was wondering if anyone here has had back surgery? I'm going to have surgery on my back in a couple of weeks and wondering if i'll be put into diapers while i'm in the hospital. I know they will use a cath on me while in surgery but what will happen after the surgery :beer: I think it might be difficult to get out of bed to use the facilities. Anyone have any ideas or has anyone gone through this?

Well Tinkers my darlin,

I Had back surgery back in 1989 and no i didnt get put into diapers... i had my cath in but 2 hours or so after surgery i was up with help to the bathroom. But all they did to me was take out a disk! Im not sure what they are doing to urs and if its more serious than perhaps they will put a diaper on u! Im always there for u to talk to if u need a shoulder. Keep ur chin up and know we all love u and wish u the very best always. Huggles and Snuggles my tinkers! NO WORRIES! Everything will work out fine!

Love always,

Curious!!!!!!

Well tinkers,

I've never been in the hospital for back surgery but my first nasty heart attack back in '96 put me in there for eight days. I wasn't allowed out of bed for the first seven of those.

As our lovely resident Pipsqueak said, most likely a cath and bedpan. Once they take the cath out, then you'll have the lovely fun of a pee-bottle.

If you're actually wanting diapers, then I can only suggest faking it and wetting the bed. Bear in mind, however, that this may prompt them to conduct further tests, either then or down the road, so as to ascertain why you're doing so. Be prepared.

Good luck to you tinkers!

Morphine and/or Demerol makes all the worries go away. :thumbsup:

***hugs***

Ruffles

When my dad was in hospital he was in an adult ward, and i needed to go to the loo. In the ward loo there were stacks of incontient pads and nappies, so you may be lucky to get an adult ward. After all it is a mixed selection of patients, young and old

hello, Ive had back surgery recently and they kept the catheter in until I was up and able to walk to the bathroom. As much as I wanted to ask to be diapered, I knew I had to walk asap. Besides I don't even think I could of moved in any position to be diapered in the hospital, I was soo stiff and in a lot of pain. Just take advantage of the drugs and keep pressing the button for the morphene drip, it helps a bunch :Crylol::whistling::crybaby: .

My aunt was a nurse for many years and finally got promoted to hospital director and she has told me that most hospitals have a "as they show up" policy. So if you show up in diapers....they will keep you in diapers. And if they start wanting to run tests? Tell them you are in therapy and are working on it. That will put an end to the tests.

It's a pretty sneaky way of getting a babysitter for a few days until you go home. Although to be honest.....after having back surgery you might not want to get a diaper change.....ouch.

Guest Baby_brad

I had major open skull surgery back in august, i had a cath when i got out of surgery, i begged my nurse to let me in diapers, trust me, be glad your out for them putting it in, it hurt like a bitch comming out, i dont want to know how it feels going in! but, ask your nurse if you could wear diapers instead of the cath, i would like to know when i pee, it was kinda wierd not knowing when you pee.

My aunt was a nurse for many years and finally got promoted to hospital director and she has told me that most hospitals have a "as they show up" policy. So if you show up in diapers....they will keep you in diapers. And if they start wanting to run tests? Tell them you are in therapy and are working on it. That will put an end to the tests.

It's a pretty sneaky way of getting a babysitter for a few days until you go home. Although to be honest.....after having back surgery you might not want to get a diaper change.....ouch.

During time I have had numerous bladder infections, most of them is probably due to my use of catheters for emptying my bladder. I have nothing to do about it, it just must be done. But I will never again have an internal catheter unless it is there for some special reason because I know that I will have an infection if it stays in there for more than a couple of days. So the times I have been in hospital I have mentioned to them my concerns, and made it clear that I will prefer not to have any internal catheter installed unless it is needed for special reasons like controlling the flow of urine. And the hospital respects that and also provide other means of protection like diapers or soaking matress covers depending on what they use at that department :-) I have been in hospital quite a number of times, and I have learned that there is no standard, it is all up to the hospital, and even within the same hospital you can see different methods. Talk to them about your concerns, and find out how they can help you.

strange isnt it...AB or DL hoping to wear nappies in hospital. Truth is nothing ever lives up to what you really want.....well very really. As for caths or nappies in hospital all of the above it true just depends...excuse pun. On the back ward or even uroligy ward because its only short term......its caths in my experiance, having been done twice......i promise you there wont be a third. Nappies tend to be for cancer patients who cant move long term...certaining that was how my late best friend was dealt with.

I was put in molicare becauseI asked.....but this was only after the caths had been removed and was just in case of accidents at night.....that ward dint have slips. But they have seen it all before whether you arrive in one not a problem.....i was addmitted with urinary retention and was wearing pulls ups......well you would wouldnt you....all they were interestedin doing was sticking fingers where the sun dont shine.....there was more inportant things on their minds.

And as for a pretty nurse carrying out the cath proceedure...again nothing they havent done before..or you will rise to.........but like I said there wont be a third time and I will let you draw your own clusions why. If I am rushed in again it will be interesting to see what happens....since its on my file that I wont be around to find out.......Hope that helps