LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Star Wars The Old Republic Mmo.....

Just like title says, who's gonna play it? Will you leave your respective MMO to do it? Or do you think the game is gonna suck and have no interest?

I, for one, will be in the game on day one no matter what!!! I will sell a kidney if I don't have the money to buy the game. :thumbsup:

Whether or not I play it depends on one factor: cost. If it's a monthly fee to play, then no, hell no, not in a million years... They charge $30-60 just to get the BOX at the store, then more per month to play... WRONG.

Whether or not I play it depends on one factor: cost. If it's a monthly fee to play, then no, hell no, not in a million years... They charge $30-60 just to get the BOX at the store, then more per month to play... WRONG.

Yeah I'm pretty sure its gonna be just like WoW. $60 for the box and around $15 per month to play. I'm a little different, I would much rather pay a monthly fee than have to try to buy each quest, character, bank slot, house slot, mount and other dumb shit to make the game worth while. But each to his own. :thumbsup:

Yeah I'm pretty sure its gonna be just like WoW. $60 for the box and around $15 per month to play. I'm a little different, I would much rather pay a monthly fee than have to try to buy each quest, character, bank slot, house slot, mount and other dumb shit to make the game worth while. But each to his own. :thumbsup:

Well, I've had a Guildwars account since the original beta testing back in 04, bought a 2nd for the heck of it (cuz the box for the original version was clearanced), and received a free 3rd account as a "refund" for NCSoft terminating their Dungeon Runners game that I had been paying for (only $5 a month). GW doesn't have any "required" charges, and I get 4 character slots per account...

Well, I've had a Guildwars account since the original beta testing back in 04, bought a 2nd for the heck of it (cuz the box for the original version was clearanced), and received a free 3rd account as a "refund" for NCSoft terminating their Dungeon Runners game that I had been paying for (only $5 a month). GW doesn't have any "required" charges, and I get 4 character slots per account...

Oh hell, well I can see where you would be totally spoiled then!! Well on the plus side more and more MMO developers are seeing the free to play model as fantastic. So hopefully they will have something for ya.

Oh hell, well I can see where you would be totally spoiled then!! Well on the plus side more and more MMO developers are seeing the free to play model as fantastic. So hopefully they will have something for ya.

Lol

The point I was trying to make is that I pay a grand total of $0 per month to have those accounts, the 3rd one I haven't even activated yet, and for a while didn't play very much. There are still THOUSANDS of people in Guild Wars... If Guild Wars can survive with no monthly fees, why can't other games of a similar nature?

Hell, most of the games on the Steam network (like Half-Life 1 & 2 and many others) have free multi-player modes... Why can't MMO companies be happy with the income from box sales? Yeah, I know they have expenses to cover, but come on, $50 per box times 10,000 (just using an easy number to multiply) players is $500,000... Add in $15 (as an example) per month for 12 months = $180 per player per year, times the same 10,000 players = $1.8 MILLION.... That's a company of GREED, worry more about their income than about their customers (or even the quality of their product sometimes).. You know it doesn't COST $500,000 just to produce the CD's and ship the boxes to the stores, so there's already a VERY NICE profit margin just from box sales...

Artemis: You're kidding....right? Half a million bucks doesn't go very far in todays shipping world. Considering that Blizzard had to ship thousands of boxes all over the world I would say that their shipping costs were quite high.....

I know you just picked random numbers to make the math simple but they are far too low to really be considered....

I used to play WoW quite frequently and didn't mind paying 15 bucks a month. Given that a night out for dinner and a movie would run considerably more than 15 dollars AND the hours and hours of entertainment WoW provided makes it cheap entertainment IMO....

Artemis: You're kidding....right? Half a million bucks doesn't go very far in todays shipping world. Considering that Blizzard had to ship thousands of boxes all over the world I would say that their shipping costs were quite high.....

I know you just picked random numbers to make the math simple but they are far too low to really be considered....

I used to play WoW quite frequently and didn't mind paying 15 bucks a month. Given that a night out for dinner and a movie would run considerably more than 15 dollars AND the hours and hours of entertainment WoW provided makes it cheap entertainment IMO....

Of course the numbers were low, it was a simple example of the mathematics involved (I've worked in the Accounting field for over 10 years...), but the basic facts still hold: they make MORE on the initial box sales than the original costs to produce the software and package the boxes. And if you factor in online, direct-download (boxless) sales, that's an even bigger profit margin per unit sale... Forcing people to pay extra per month to play a game they already paid X amount to purchase is essentially highway robbery...

If NCSoft/ArenaNet can survive on box sales alone for Guild Wars (although they have monthly income for subscriptions to City of Heroes/Villains and Aion), why can't other companies? Answer: simple greed...

Of course the numbers were low, it was a simple example of the mathematics involved (I've worked in the Accounting field for over 10 years...), but the basic facts still hold: they make MORE on the initial box sales than the original costs to produce the software and package the boxes. And if you factor in online, direct-download (boxless) sales, that's an even bigger profit margin per unit sale... Forcing people to pay extra per month to play a game they already paid X amount to purchase is essentially highway robbery...

If NCSoft/ArenaNet can survive on box sales alone for Guild Wars (although they have monthly income for subscriptions to City of Heroes/Villains and Aion), why can't other companies? Answer: simple greed...

Well not to play devils advocate on this one but some could say that guild wars is not nearly as fine tuned or as well produced as some other games with a monthly cost. Now granted I've only played it briefly but I've heard you can level a toon in no time and there isn't much content except for pvp battles. Does Guild Wars put out new instances and updates on a regular basis? Because you have to some kind of income to pay the folks in your building that are programming new things for your game.

Oh and on a side note the amount of production value going into SWTOR is staggering to say the least. They have complete voice over acting for the entire game. And they brought in full orchestra's to record the music. Its a huge budget those guys are playing with. I don't think the box would nearly cover the costs of all they are doing.

Well not to play devils advocate on this one but some could say that guild wars is not nearly as fine tuned or as well produced as some other games with a monthly cost. Now granted I've only played it briefly but I've heard you can level a toon in no time and there isn't much content except for pvp battles. Does Guild Wars put out new instances and updates on a regular basis? Because you have to some kind of income to pay the folks in your building that are programming new things for your game.

Oh and on a side note the amount of production value going into SWTOR is staggering to say the least. They have complete voice over acting for the entire game. And they brought in full orchestra's to record the music. Its a huge budget those guys are playing with. I don't think the box would nearly cover the costs of all they are doing.

I have never noticed any "quality issues" with Guild Wars. As far as leveling "in no time", that depends on your play style and knowledge of the areas... The experience needed for each new level is exponentially more than what was needed for the previous, and as your toon levels, the amount gained from each kill drops and eventually reaches the point of 0 per kill. The only "annoyance" I have is that the max level is only 20, when other games I've played go higher...

As far as updates, GW uses a "push" method. Each time you run the GW.exe file, it checks if that file has been updated and downloads the latest, then if anything has changed in the game data it downloads those changes as needed. All you see is an occasional download progress meter as you switch sections of the game.

And I think GW has some things better than other MMO's. GW uses "private instances" when a player or party enters an explorable area or mission. The only areas where there are masses of people are the "town"/"outpost" zones. Private instances means no waiting in line to kill a certain quest monster or boss, no worries about your kills or loot being stolen by others who aren't with you. (GW assigns dropped items to members of the party in the instance, so only that person can pick it up...)