LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Smartphone2 - Verizon Iphones

DailyDi

I kind of knew that the Verizon iPhone was being announced today, (the exclusion of Gizmodo from a Verizon press-conference was a dead giveaway,) so I was honestly more surprised to see the CDMA iPad unveiled before the Apple press conference that's supposedly going to reveal the iPad 2 next month.

In any case, seeing as I don't have a cell phone right now, this may very well what leads to me purchasing one. I've refused to purchase the iPod Touch on the grounds that it isn't large enough (capacity-wise) to hold my music collection with the level of compression that I use, and I refuse to watch TV shows/movies on a screen that I'm going to be sticking my fingers on, which is why I admittedly love my iPods of the Classic variety. This effectively meant that an iPod Touch would have been a waste of money for me.

I've been wanting an iPhone since the first one was released in '07, but that was right after Cingular Wireless renamed themselves at&t, (not to be confused with AT&T, part of which is now known as Verizon,) and at the time, a lot of people I knew with Cingular service were becoming dissatisfied with the company. The more I looked into at&t's iPhone contracts, the less appealing their service became, so began waiting for the exclusivity agreement to sunset. As you can imagine, I wasn't happy when Apple extended it for at least one year, possibly two prior to the Verizon announcement.

I was actually hoping that the UTMS/GSM iPhone would come to T-Mobile at the same time that the CDMA iPhone was released for Verizon, but I'd honestly sign with either company at this point as long as they could offer me the iPhone. Since the CDMA iPhone doesn't experience the "death grip" issue, I consider that to be a plus for Verizon; on the flip-side, you can't talk and surf the web at the same time since the Verizon iPhone is a CDMA-based device.

If FiOS was available in my area, the Verizon iPhone would be a done deal for me, since I'd just sign up for Verizon's triple-play bundle, but without FiOS, I may wait and see if T-Mobile picks up the UTMS/GSM iPhone when Apple updates it, most likely around June, or I may wait for Apple to release a 4G LTE iPhone, again, likely in June, before I commit to a two-year contract with any carrier.

So basically, my answer is "maybe/probably;" if T-Mobile doesn't grab the iPhone now that it's no longer at&t exclusive, then I'll probably sign with Verizon. If the 4G LTE iPhone is released in a few months, I'll probably sign with Verizon. If T-Mobile picks up the iPhone, I'll probably sign with T-Mobile, since I generally prefer their pricing to Verizon's, and I really am not happy with the way Verizon is refusing to lay FiOS lines in neighborhoods with underground wiring at this time. Now if Verizon would lay a FiOS line in this area, I'd have my name on the iPhone pre-order list, and I'd be setting up a Verizon triple-play package as soon as it was available to me.

Guest gnappies

As soon as the year is up, and that's soon, all our I4's will be sent back to Vodaphone. Never again will I darken Apples door.

Rubbish reception (even with bumper).

Appauling battery life (half a day is doing well), and no way of using a second battery.

Drops calls when it feels like it.

Will overheat when sat on a desk not being used, one even changes language when this happens.

Any attachment to e-mails that isn't in an Apple format it ignores.

This was our first forrey into the Apple kingdon and will probably be the last. I'm sure it's ok as a personal phone, but for business use it fails miserably.

We have one Samsung Galaxy in the office, it runs rings round the I4. Bleeps about 5mins before the iphones twig a global e-mail has arrived. If it can't open an attachment, it will find an app for it (free), syncs instantly with Windows 7.

The only plus point to the I4, is the screen clarity, I havn't seen anything yet to equal it. Good for posing to your mates, but of little use for Business.