LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Nice Guys Don'T Always Finish Last

Part One (This is my first attempt at writing anything like this on here)

It had been about 4 months since John had moved into his new place. He had met his roommate through his old roommate and they got along fine. Besides, his new roommate was hardly ever at the house, so it was a pretty good situation for John. He had told the new guy just about everything about himself, what school he had gone to, what he looked for in a woman (both guys being single, women were a popular topic), what sports teams he rooted for, and just other general life interests. One thing he had not told his new roommate, however, was that he liked to wear diapers and act like a toddler from time to time. In fact, John had never told anyone about this desire. He longed to be able to even just talk about it with someone who would, at the very least, be understanding if not accepting of this oddity.

He had seen her quite a few times around her house across the street. Walking from his house to his car on his way to work, he had even waved and given a friendly "hello", which she would always return with a smile. Everytime John saw her, he couldn't help but to be taken back by her beauty. Her long, curly blonde hair bounced as she would walk to her car and seemed to glow like an incredible sunset. Her green eyes were soft, yet seemed to pierce your very being. John had asked his roommate, Mitch, about her after the second or third time he had seen her. "Yeah, good luck with that, I tried to ask her out once and all I could spit out was, 'Let me know if you ever need someone to cut your grass' sometime after she had moved into the neighborhood." Mitch wasn't usually the kinda guy who got nervous around beautiful women, either. That alone had been enough of a warning for John to keep his "conversations" with Kate down to the bare minimum. Still, a guy can dream, right?

Once again, Mitch was gone for a few weeks for work, and John decided to make the best of having the house to himself this time. It had been nearly 7 months since he had been in a diaper. Knowing the day his rommate was leaving, John ordered a case of Abena X-Plus to arrive that same day. This was no ordinary day, though, as John was walking to his car, he noticed Kate walking to her car at the same time. He looked up to wave and say hello, but before he could he realized that she was walking not right to her car like she normally did, but towards him.

"Hi, you're John, right?",Kate asked him. "Yeah, that's what they call me", he said clumsily attempting to be funny or charming. "Haha, well, listen, I heard that Mitch is gonna be gone for a few weeks and figured it would be safe to ask you to come over for dinner sometime while he's gone." John couldn't believe she had actually laughed a little bit and it wasn't just a sympathy laugh, either. "Oh, not a big Mitch fan, huh?", John asked her. "Well, seeing as the guy asks me out nearly every time we cross paths and is almost always offering to do some sort of house chore for me.....he's a nice guy, I guess, but you seem nicer." John's face flushed red and he couldn't believe such a gorgeous woman had just complimented him in such a way. "I guess I know what you mean. Sorry I haven't offered to help rake the leaves in your yard. I'd been meaning to, but figured Mitch had already offered or actually done it," he said with a goofy grin on his face. Kate laughed a little bit more this time, "Well, let me know what nights will work for you this week. I know you're still new to the area, so if you'd rather I could show you around the town and we could go out if you'd be more comfortable doing that." John's knees were barely still supporting him and he could not believe what was happening. "Ok, yeah, that'd be great. Any night would work, I'm usually home around 5:30 or 6, depending on traffic," John swallowed and then boldly said," why don't you give me your number and I'll give you a call on my way home from work tonight to figure out the details?" Kate pulled her cell phone out of her purse and waited for John to enter her number in his phone. "Ok, well, I should get going, but I look forward to hearing from you and I hope you're ready because I'm not sure if a small-town boy like you will be able to keep up", she said with a clearly sarcastic tone in her voice and an amazing smile that revealed dimples John had previously not noticed. "Oh, you'd be surprised", John retorted as Kate was getting into her car.

• Like 1

Part Two (I'm having a hard time with the conversations, in terms of making it understandable and not blending into each other so much so that you can't tell who is saying what. Any tips you grammar police?)

All day at work John couldn't help but be distracted. Throughout the day he would routinely look at the newest contact he had added to his cell phone to be sure that Kate had really given him her number. "Maybe I should text her and make sure this really is her", he thought to himself before thinking, "relax, idiot, if you text her to ask if it's really her, she's not going to want to go out with you. Just wait until you walk out of here at 5 and then give her a call." John must have had this argument inside his head at least 5 times before lunch break. As he sat in the breakroom eating his sandwhich a few of his co-workers even asked him if he was okay. "Yeah, sure, I'm fine", he'd say just barely convincingly.

With ten minutes left on his break, he felt his phone buzz, figuring it was just some sports update or a pointless text from one of his buddies, John slowly reached into his pocket while taking one last bite of a chocolate chip cookie. "hey john, its me kate. thought we could just meet up downtown for dinner instead of driving back to the neighborhood." John responded as quickly as he could move his fingers on the touch-screen of his phone, "yeah, that's fine, i may need directions, though." Just as he was starting to think his quick response would seem overly eager his phone buzzed again, "no problem..." just then his phone began to ring. "Hello?", he said after clearing his throat. "Hi, sorry if I'm interrupting anything, I just figured it would be easier to talk over the phone", Kate's voice travelled warmly through John's cell into his ear. "Oh, it's no trouble at all, I'm just finishing up lunch. I don't know about you, but I work right downtown across from the hospital. Where do you work?" John heard Kate make a soft gasping sound, "You are not going to believe this, I work at the hospital. I'm a physical therapist. I can't believe we didn't figure this out before, where do you work?" "I'm on the tenth floor of the building right in front of the hospital entrance, I'm a writer for Rock's Not Dead." John could hear the hospital intercom through Kate's phone, though not clearly and Kate said, "Ok cool. Well, listen, I know a great place actually right in your building that we can meet up at, The Endzone, do you know it?" "Yeah, sure, you're okay with a sports bar?" John asked. "Well, it's not like you asked me out, otherwise it'd be Luigi's or Zen House", Kate said playfully. "Wow, you certainly have some expensive taste. Guess I'd better start saving up now, most alternative/underground rock magazine writers don't tend to make a ton of money. Fortunately for me, I'm also the owner", John couldn't believe how quickly he'd become so incredibly comfortable talking with Kate and joking around with her, though he wondered if he'd be able to keep it up tonight at dinner. "Well, listen, I don't want to keep you anymore Mr. Owner, I'm sure you've got lots to write about bands that no one's ever heard of", John thought he could almost hear her sticking her tongue out at him,"but seriously, I'm sure we both ought to get back to work. I'll see you at The Endzone, how about, say 5:30?" John laughed a bit, "Yeah, sounds great, I will see you then, Kate." "Bye"

If John thought he couldn't focus before, now he was off the charts on the daydreaming scale. That little 10-minute conversation was enough to make him reschedule a phone interview with one of the newest "up-and-coming" bands that had agreed to do their first magazine interview with Rock's Not Dead before any other magazine that had expressed interest. After trying to think of an excuse for his assistant, without mentioning the date (his assistant had tried a few times to set John up with some of her friends quite unsuccessfully), he made it back into his office and realized that he hadn't tracked his shipment of diapers all morning. Suddenly, a small, panicked thought came to mind, what if Kate saw the package on his front porch? What if she asked what it was, who it was for and so on? Quickly John calmed himself, thinking, no, she's not going to ask even if she sees and is curious. Besides, for all she would know it would just be issues of Rock's Not Dead or new t-shirts for the webstore. Anyway, it's not like she has x-ray vision, there's no reason whatsoever that she would just assume that a 20-something guy would have a case of adult diapers shipped to his house. Relieved with that thought, John figured he'd better try to get some work done before the day was over by finishing up some reviews for a couple new albums that had been sent to him. Still, even with the cds playing over his soundsystem John couldn't help but be slightly distracted by the excitment he felt for 5:30 to get here.

• Like 1

Part Two (I'm having a hard time with the conversations, in terms of making it understandable and not blending into each other so much so that you can't tell who is saying what. Any tips you grammar police?)

Hi, Mark. I see what you mean about the dialog, and that can be a bit tricky. Here are a few rules that may help you:

1) If the character is thinking it, rather than saying it out loud, put it in italics.

2) Do a hard return every time you change who is speaking.

3) When it comes time to assign ownership of dialog, it's best to keep it simple, though you can elaborate outside of the assignment..

E.g., rather than saying, "I'd love to," Kate said warmly, say, "I'd love to," Kate said. Mark thought her voice sounded warm and comfortable, like a sweater worn soft and comfortable with time.

Make sense? Here is a section of dialog edited for clarity.

John cleared his throat and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Hi. Sorry if I'm interrupting anything, I just figured it would be easier to talk over the phone." Kate's voice travelled warmly through John's cell into his ear.

"Oh, it's no trouble at all, I'm just finishing up lunch. I don't know about you, but I work right downtown across from the hospital. Where do you work?"

Kate made a soft gasping sound. "You are not going to believe this, I work at the hospital. I'm a physical therapist. I can't believe we didn't figure this out before. Where do you work?"

"I'm on the tenth floor of the building, right in front of the hospital entrance. I'm a writer for Rock's Not Dead." John could hear the hospital intercom both where he was and also through Kate's phone.

"Ok, cool. Well, listen, I know a great place that's actually right in your building that we can meet up at--The Endzone. Do you know it?"

"Yeah, sure. You're okay with a sports bar?" John asked.

"Well, it's not like you asked me out, otherwise it'd be Luigi's or Zen House," Kate said playfully.

"Wow, you certainly have some expensive taste. Guess I'd better start saving up now. Most alternative/underground rock magazine writers don't make a ton of money. Fortunately for me, I'm also the owner."

I think this is a great first effort, and you clearly already know more about sentence structure and punctation than most. Keep up the good work!

-RMS

• Like 1

Hi, Mark. I see what you mean about the dialog, and that can be a bit tricky. Here are a few rules that may help you:

1) If the character is thinking it, rather than saying it out loud, put it in italics.

2) Do a hard return every time you change who is speaking.

3) When it comes time to assign ownership of dialog, it's best to keep it simple, though you can elaborate outside of the assignment..

E.g., rather than saying, "I'd love to," Kate said warmly, say, "I'd love to," Kate said. Mark thought her voice sounded warm and comfortable, like a sweater worn soft and comfortable with time.

Make sense? Here is a section of dialog edited for clarity.

John cleared his throat and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Hi. Sorry if I'm interrupting anything, I just figured it would be easier to talk over the phone." Kate's voice travelled warmly through John's cell into his ear.

"Oh, it's no trouble at all, I'm just finishing up lunch. I don't know about you, but I work right downtown across from the hospital. Where do you work?"

Kate made a soft gasping sound. "You are not going to believe this, I work at the hospital. I'm a physical therapist. I can't believe we didn't figure this out before. Where do you work?"

"I'm on the tenth floor of the building, right in front of the hospital entrance. I'm a writer for Rock's Not Dead." John could hear the hospital intercom both where he was and also through Kate's phone.

"Ok cool. Well, listen, I know a great place actually right in your building that we can meet up at--The Endzone. Do you know it?"

"Yeah, sure. You're okay with a sports bar?" John asked.

"Well, it's not like you asked me out, otherwise it'd be Luigi's or Zen House," Kate said playfully.

"Wow, you certainly have some expensive taste. Guess I'd better start saving up now. Most alternative/underground rock magazine writers don't make a ton of money. Fortunately for me, I'm also the owner."

I think this is a great first effort, and you clearly already know more about sentence structure and punctation than most. Keep up the good work!

-RMS

Awesome, thanks for your helpful advice. I'll be sure to implement that for future additions to my story.

Part Three

Despite how well things seemed to be going leading up to the "date", John was still incredibly nervous as he sat waiting for Kate to arrive. She had texted him to let him know she would be a few minutes late and that he should go ahead at get a table. He tried to watch the latest sports news and updates to keep his mind pre-occupied, but that proved nearly impossible. How could he just get over the fact that he was about to hang out and eat dinner with possibly the most beautiful woman he'd ever met? He still wondered if he had just finally snapped after his break-up with Jill 3 years ago, and had just imagined the whole situation with Kate. Jill was, after all, one of the main reasons he had moved so far away. He couldn't have stayed even if he wanted to after what she had done to him. Really, what kind of girl says she'll marry a guy and then a few months later dumps him for one of his best friends?

Just as that thought came to his mind, John felt someone sit down next to him.

"What have I missed, any big trades?", Kate asked with the genuine interest of a real sports fan.

Blinking a few times as though to bring himself back to the present, John replied, "Oh, ummm....I don't know, I haven't really been paying attention."

"Ahh, work stuff, are you okay? Did I make you miss a deadline or something?", Kate wondered outloud.

"No, no, nothing like that, just remembering some stuff I don't know that I'm completely comfortable talking about with you just yet.", John said hoping she wouldn't take it the wrong way. Great way to begin this dinner, by insulting her.

"I totally understand, afterall, we really only just met this morning. I'm sure there are plenty of things I wouldn't feel right talking to you about, but maybe in due time, we'll get there," Kate smiled, and as she did the sight of those dimples immediately put John at ease.

They ordered shortly after when the waitress came by noticing that John's date had arrived. Though John had known about The Endzone, he had yet to eat there, so Kate insisted that he try one of their famous burgers, which she also ordered. Within minutes of ordering, they were well into a conversation that made John feel like he'd known Kate for years. They discussed where they had each grown up and about their families and school. John had never met a girl who was so sincerely into sports like Kate was without coming off as a "tomboy" or anything like that. Eventually John found out that she even had some similar taste in music, though, she had admitted that she didn't really keep up with any of those bands, or any for that matter, any more as her job didn't really allow her much time for it. She made John promise to make her some cds so that she could try to catch up. When the bill came, John reached for it, but Kate quickly grabbed it away from him.

"No! I asked you out, so I'm paying", she said, with a serious, but fun tone in her voice.

"I understand that, but I'm kind of old-fashioned and I'm not comfortable with letting the girl pay", John replied sternly trying to keep from laughing.

Kate just stared at him, shaking her head, with her lips curled into that amazing smile that John sensed he would never be able to argue with when suddenly, they both broke into laughter.

"So, I believe part of that, you certainly are a gentleman, but I don't buy that you really have a problem with me paying for dinner", Kate seemed to know him so well already, all John could do was smile and nod.

"Well, what can I say, I was brought up right, but if a girl can convince me that she has good reason to pay for dinner, then I'll allow it", John had felt his confidence building the entire time they had been together, "and, truthfully, I don't think I can say no to those dimples." Kate blushed and smiled even more as she turned and handed the check to the waitress.

As John walked Kate to her car in the parking garage they had joked about racing back to the neighborhood, though they both knew John had no chance of beating Kate's Audi in his Jeep. On the drive home, however, John began to feel sick. Oh man, you've got to be kidding me, John thought to himself. They had agreed on watching the rest of the Monday Night Football game at Kate's place, but John knew he'd be lucky if he made it to the front door before he threw up. As he pulled into his driveway, he saw Kate standing outside her car talking on her phone. Oh, God, please don't let her see me get sick like this. He had no sooner stepped out of the Jeep when he began to throw up all over his driveway. Kate looked up to see what the noise was about and quickly ended her phone conversation as she ran to John's side.

"Oh nooo! Are you okay?", Kate was slowly and softly rubbing John's back as he slowly made his way to the open garage door.

"I'm fine, I think that's all it was", John said not even convincing himself as Kate put his arm over her shoulder to try to support him.

"Why don't I just help you get inside and cleaned up?" she offered helpfully and John could tell she was concerned.

"That's okay, I'll just take a quick shower and I'm sure I'll be fi....", John trailed off as he ran up the stairs to his bathroom, getting sick yet again. Kate had followed him and began looking for a small towel, which she ran under water. She knelt down next to John and began to wipe his face with the damp towel.

"Here, at least let me help you take that shirt off, it's....well, it's covered", Kate said in a tone that John understood she wasn't messing around. Nodding he started to pull his shirt up until Kate stopped him and began to roll it up from the bottom so as to avoid rubbing his face with the dirty shirt. She took the shirt and put it near the clothes hamper. "Where are your shirts?" John heard her ask from his room where he could faintly make out the sounds of his drawers opening and closing as she looked for a clean t-shirt for him.

"Here you go, put your arms up", Kate said softly as she pulled a baseball tee over John's head gently, "I'm so sorry you're sick. This is probably your worst first date ever, isn't it?"

"You are an amazing woman, you know that?", John said in absolute disbelief that here he was, sick as a dog, and this girl - this woman, was still there helping him get cleaned up and dressed.

"I've been told that on occasion," Kate smiled as she walked back into his room and returned with a pair of sweat pants, "Here, I think you can handle putting these on yourself, can you stand or at least sit up on the tub?" As John nodded, Kate walked back into his room again and closed the door behind her, "Let me give you some privacy."

After John had changed into his sweats, he slowly half-stumbled into his room, where Kate helped him get into his bed. She had already run downstairs and gotten him a glass of water and turned the game on for him. Kate pulled his covers over him, put her hand on his forehead, and as John began to fall asleep he could have sworn he felt her then gently kiss his forehead and said something about running to the store but that she would be back.

• Like 1

I think this is going to be a great story! I'm loving it so far - you seem to be setting up a great situation, though who can tell exactly how it will develop?

Lots of credit to you for caring enough to ask about better ways to space dialogue - and even more credit for doing a good job with the suggestion!

I'm looking forward to more of this story. THANKS!

Mark0307 This is a great start. I can't wait for the next chapter. Nice job.

And thumbs up :thumbsup: for listening to RMS401 suggestions on making it better to read your story. His help me in the past and so has diaperpt.

So whens the next chapter?

Eagle/Baby Jay

Part Four

John couldn't remember the last time he had been this sick. One thing he knew even more than that, was that he had never felt such a strong connection with a woman as he was starting to with Kate. And they hadn't even known each other for 24 hours. John woke up a few times during the night, getting sick again a couple more times. Each time he got up, Kate was by his side helping him, making sure he made it to the toilet or at least had a wastebasket in her hands, just in case. She had returned from the store with some ginger ale, juice and crackers just in case he came close to feeling like he was hungry and could keep something down. She hadn't left his room since returning from her quick trip to the store, and once or twice when John had woken up, he caught glimpses of her sleeping in his comfy chair which she had pulled closer to his bed. He couldn't help but stare at her those times he did see her sleeping, wearing one of his hoodies and covered with a small fleece blanket. Even with her hair pulled up, make up wearing off and wearing sweatpants and a hoodie, she was still the most gorgeous woman he'd ever seen, no contest. Sure, Jill had been able to pull of the no make up/sweats look, but comparing her with Kate, even now, hardly seemed like a contest. Besides that, Jill would never have stayed anywhere near John anytime he got sick, fearing that she would catch whatever it was he had, even if it was clearly not contagious.

This may have been the craziest night of my life, John thought to himself waking. He looked over to see Kate still sleeping in the comfy chair. Starting to sit up he heard and felt something that he didn't notice or expect when he woke up. This couldn't be, how could he be wearing a diaper? I know I was sick and semi-delirious, but there's no way I would have missed being put in a diaper. Moving slowly, so as not to wake her, John pulled the covers back revealing that he was indeed wearing one of the Abena X-Plus diapers that he now saw the opened package on his floor near the TV in his room. As he started to walk towards the bathroom he heard a sweet and soft, "Good morning, you."

John startled awake, knowing now that he had been dreaming, though it was Kate's greeting that had woken him up.

"How are you feeling?" she asked as he began to sit up and lean against the headboard.

"A lot better, but pretty weak", John confessed, his heartbeat still accelerated as he transitioned back to reality. Underneath his covers, though, he slowly moved his hand to his waist where he felt only his sweats and boxers. "Listen, thank you so much for staying with me and helping me."

"It's no problem at all", Kate reassured him, "Unfortunately, I do need to get going. It's about 6, and I need to leave for work within the hour. Do you need anything before I go?"

"Umm, actually, do you know where my cell phone is? I need to call my assistant to let her know I'm not coming in today", John still felt a bit hazy as he reached for a glass of water on his night stand where he usually kept his phone.

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea. I'm almost positive you're not contagious, but I'm sure you could use a day to just rest", Kate suggested as she handed John's phone to him. As she started walking toward the door she looked back," Okay, well, text me or give me a call if you need anything. I should be done around 5, so I'll come back over to check on you."

"I think I'll be okay, and again, thank you so much for taking care of me. I have to say, Kate, I've never met anyone like you. You truly are an amazing woman", John said with the utmost gratitude, which caused Kate to blush and smile, giving John one more view of those dimples before she blew him a kiss and walked out of his room, down the stairs and out through the garage door.

John slowly laid back, trying to process everything that had happened. He felt like the luckiest guy in the world, even though they hadn't even really discussed the nature of their relationship, he felt certain things would progress beyond just a platonic friendship. Just then it hit him how relieved he was that his dream had only been a dream. That was insane, he told himself, although, I suppose it would have been kind of nice if she had put me in a diaper. And with that thought he made his way downstairs as quickly as he could without falling, and to the front door. He looked outside the small windows on either side of the door to see if Kate's car was still parked in her driveway - it wasn't. John reached for the lock and unbolted it, then opened the door. Sure enough, there was the case he had been waiting for, though was somewhat nervous for Kate to see. He was glad that she hadn't found it and brought it inside. He picked up the case and took it up to his room where he had decided it was time put on his first diaper of many while he had the house to himself for the next few weeks.

• Like 1

Part Five

John could hardly contain his excitement as he ripped open the first package of diapers. He loved everything about them; the way they looked, felt, sounded, and most of all the way they fit. For as long as he could remember, John had this quiet longing to wear diapers, though he could not understand where it came from. All he knew was that he enjoyed the feeling of wearing a fresh disposable diaper. After snugly taping the first one on himself, John decided to get some juice. Pulling open a small, somewhat obscured drawer underneath his bed, he reached in and grabbed a 12 ounce baby bottle which had Sesame Street characters on it, along with a pacifier that he kept for just such occasions as when he was able to get some diapers. Since it was only about 9 o'clock in the morning, John grabbed his sweatpants and put them on over his diaper, so that no neighbors would be able to accidentally see him. He placed his pacifier underneath his pillows, his bottle into the pockets of his sweatpants and made his way downstairs. He relished taking each step down the stairs feeling the thickness, while the crinkle continually reassured that he was wearing a diaper. It's been too long, he thought to himself as he reached the bottom and walked into the kitchen. Opening the refridgerator, John found the juice Kate had bought him last night. He took his bottle out of his pocket, removed the nipple and set it on the counter. John loved orange-pineapple juice and wondered if he had asked Kate to get it for him, but couldn't remember. He filled up his bottle, replaced the nipple and put the juice back into the fridge.

John had called his assistant to let her know he wouldn't be coming in about an hour previous, Now what to do, he began to wonder as he made his way back upstairs with his juice-filled bottle. I should spend my sick day like I used to when I was a kid, and with that thought John began to browse through his dvd's, looking mostly at the cartoon seasons he had that used to watch when he was little. Deciding on Ducktales, he put it into the dvd player in his room, took off his sweats and jumped onto his bed, wearing just a baseball t-shirt and a diaper. About the time the second episode began to play he heard his cell ring. Smiling, John saw that it was Kate, despite this, he hesitated to answer; John always felt kind of awkward even just talking to people on the phone when he was wearing a diaper.

"Hey Kate", John answered.

"Hey you, how are you feeling?", Kate asked earnestly.

"Still kinda weak, but I haven't gotten sick at all since last night. I might try to eat some lunch in a little while. We'll see though, not sure what I've got here in the house. How's work?", John made sure to see how she was doing.

"Oh, it's all right, I'm pretty busy today, but had a few minutes, so I wanted to check up on you", Kate replied, "But, since you seem to be doing okay, I should get going, though. I have a lot of patients left to see today, but I'll still stop by when I get home, if that's okay with you", Kate said.

"Yeah, that'll be fine", John told her, addding, "I hope you have a great rest of your day at work."

An hour or so after Kate called John was beginning to feel a bit hungry, so he put his sweats back on over his diaper and went downstairs to see what he could eat. Settling on a bowl of ramen noodles, John refilled his bottle with juice and returned to his room to watch some more Ducktales. Upon finishing his lunch, he laid out on his bed to keep watching cartoons. It wasn't long after laying down that he began to feel tired and was soon fast asleep.

Waking up to the sound of knocking on the front door, John jumped up off his bed and looked at his alarm clock seeing that it was 5:45. Must be Kate, he thought and began to make his way towards the stairs. Just as he was about to begin descending he realized he was still wearing just a diaper and a t-shirt. Whoah! What are you doing? Hurrying back to his room, it also became obvious to John that his diaper was soaked. He thought this was odd as he had never wet while sleeping, but chalked it up to the fact that his body was so tired and weak from being sick the night before. Suddenly his phone rang, seeing it was Kate, just as he assumed, he tried to think what he should do.

"H-hello?", John said in a somewhat exaggerated, tired voice that was just convincing enough to not sound completely fake.

"Aw, were you sleepin?" Kate asked sweetly, "I brought you some dinner - chicken noodle soup from this great deli downtown."

"Oh, that's great, I'll be down in a few minutes", John said still sounding groggy, though he didn't have to try to hard as his mouth and throat were now extremely dry as he contemplated Kate catching him in a wet diaper. He quickly ripped off the heavily soaked diaper and threw it in the trash in his bathroom, then jumped in the shower to clean himself off. John put on a clean t-shirt, boxers and sweats and hurried downstairs to let Kate in.

• Like 1

Part Six

When John got to the door to let Kate in, she was finishing up a conversation on her cell phone, with a large paper bag in her other hand. John reached out to help her with the bag.

"Yeah, he's here, so I need to go, but I'll talk to you later", Kate ended her phone call. "My mom, I was just filling her in on how I seem to have become the neighborhood nurse-slash-caretaker", she said with a smile.

"Oh, so I'm just a patient to you, then?" John asked sarcastically.

Looking at him with one eyebrow slightly raised Kate said, "Uhh, yeah, I mean, you clearly can't take care of yourself 'Mr. Vomit-All-Over-the-Driveway'", smiling as though she had one-upped John.

"Touche. Honestly, Kate, I can't thank you enough for helping me out and watching out for me last night; and now this, too. At least let me give you some cash for picking up dinner and the stuff last night."

Kate looked at him solemnly as though he'd just asked her to leave his house. She then began to take out the soup and bread she had picked up for dinner and then started to walk towards the front door.

"Wait, where are you going?" John asked, concerned that he had insulted her.

"Look, if you can't just accept my kindness for what it is, then maybe it's best if I just go, you can write me a check and leave it in my mailbox", Kate's tone one of absolute seriousness, and John started after her.

"No, don't go, I'm sorry, I'm just not used to this, especially with a woman as gorgeous as you are, whom I don't even really know that well yet", John responded almost sounding desperate.

Kate stopped just at the front door, and John could see her shoulders begin to shake slightly.

"I'm so sorry if I offended you or upset you", John told her thinking that she was crying, when suddenly she turned around.

"GOTCHA!" Kate half yelled and began to laugh, "Geez, John, I was just messing with you, but it's nice to know how you feel about me."

"Are you kidding me?" John began to laugh, "Okay, you're making that up to me with our dinner conversation, because I legitimately thought you were upset. You are good."

"Yeah, well, just don't ever try anything like that on me, because I'll spot it a mile away. You may feel like we don't know each other that well yet, but I'm very good at reading people, not to brag, but that's kind of the reason why I asked you out in the first place", Kate revealed.

Well, now, we are getting somewhere, John thought to himself as they finally sat down at the table over a bowl of soup. Kate continued to prove to be more amazing that he had ever thought possible. Women as attractive as Kate always usually seemed nice on the surface, but eventually John would discover that they were either extremely shallow or had no personality or sense of humor. The more they talked, the more they both opened up to each other. Soon, they were playing a game of sorts, just asking random questions, really, to see what the answers might yield.

"I've got one", Kate started, "tell me something that you've never told anyone."

"Hmmm, that's a good one," John thought aloud, "I guess my best answer to that question would be.....I used to be engaged. And, that may seem like a cop-out answer, because, yes, other people do know that. Since moving here, though, I've never told anyone, not even my roommate." John had started to tear up a little bit, an unexpected reaction to telling Kate this, but he couldn't really help it.

"What happened?" Kate asked barely above a whisper and a look that expressed nothing but empathy.

"Her name was Jill. We met at school, both studying to become writers. We dated almost all through college and after graduation, I asked her to marry me. It was one of the happiest days of my life. And a few weeks later, she started acting weird. I had known for a long time, though maybe I never admitted it to myself, that she didn't love me as much as I loved her. For instance, what you did last night, being with me while I was sick, Jill would never have done that. Anyway, about two months after she had started acting weird, I met up with her for coffee one night. When I got there, she was sitting with one of my best friends from school, Josh. They began to tell me that Jill and I were over, and how very sorry they were that things worked out this way, but that it was what they both wanted and it was best for me to let it go. Without saying a word to either of them, I stood up and walked out. The next day, I found her engagement ring sealed in an envelope placed in my mailbox. Two months after that, they were married. I guess it was then that I really started to....." John caught himself as he finished that thought in his head look for comfort in wearing diapers.

"You started to what?" Kate asked.

"I started to realize that, I needed to get out of there", John tried to recover, not sure if Kate bought it or not.

Kate stood up and walked around the table behind John. She draped her arms down over his head and began to hug him, rubbing his right arm with her hand. John could feel tears slowly tracing down his face and realized they were not only his, but that Kate had begun crying as well.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't really think about the implications that the answer to that question might have for you", Kate apologized.

"It's okay, there is literally no way you could have known. Truthfully, I have come a long way", John insisted and he could tell by the look in Kate's eyes that she believed him.

"Look, I like you. I like you a lot, and I'm not just saying this because I've caused you to re-live all of that. However, as much as I like you, I hate to do this, but I need to go home and get to bed, it's nearly 11:00", Kate's revelation was a complete shock to John. This whole time they had been talking, he hadn't even once, thought to look at what time it was, and he certainly didn't think it was that late.

"Okay, well, why don't I walk you home?" John suggested and they both began to walk towards the front door.

John opened the door for Kate and as she started to walk out, she slowly reached for his hand. Grasping it, he was immediately struck with how naturally her hand seemed to fit his. They walked across the street in silence, giving only quick glances to each other. Upon reaching Kate's front door, she pulled her keys out of her purse and unlocked it. She looked up at John, the moon reflecting in her green eyes, then leaned forward and kissed him. "Have a good night."

Once again, John was trying to process all of what was happening. This was just surreal. Making his way upstairs, he went to his closet where he had tucked away his stash of diapers. Pulling one out he laid it on his bed and grabbed some baby powder to diaper himself. He began to realize that he was thirsty, so he decided to head downstairs, grabbing his bottle. He had turned off all the lights after returning from Kate's house in a daze. Wearing nothing but a t-shirt and a diaper, he figured it was safe since it was nearly 12:30 at this point and highly unlikely that anyone would be able to see inside the house, much less be able to determine that he was wearing a diaper. John opened the fridge and took out the juice and poured some into his bottle. He then replaced the juice, grabbed his bottle and went back upstairs.

Little did John know that someone had seen him when he opened the refridgerator. It had shed just enough light for the viewer to clearly see the unmistakable, white shape of his diaper.

• Like 1

Excellent job! I love it!

I can't wait for more. Please write more and post when you can.

Most of us get really busy this time of year and I understand that it may take you some time to get back, but please know you've got people waiting to ready more of this story.

Wow, This is a great Story so far, I just read all 6 parts & they are Awesome, Please keep up the Good Work, & Please Continue!

Rockies Fan. Go Rockies in 2011!:D

Part Seven

John woke up at 7:00 on Wednesday morning. As had been the case for the last 36 hours or so when he woke up, it took him a little bit longer to shake off the tired feeling that still lingered as though his body were trying to lull him back to sleep. No, he thought, I have to get up and go to work today. What kind of boss takes two sick days in a row for something that was probably just a 24-hour bug? And with that, he forced himself up off his bed instantly remembering that he was wearing a diaper. As it had happened yesterday afternoon when he had taken a nap, John had once again wet himself in his sleep. Geez, it's a good thing I have these, John thought as he walked into his bathroom, where he pulled off the wet diaper, threw it in the wastebasket and turned on the shower.

As much as John enjoyed wearing diapers, it always felt so good to shower after wetting them (John did not like to mess, the smell, the clean-up - it just grossed him out), and getting back into "grown-up" clothes. Though John was feeling much better, he still felt somewhat weak, and it was days like this that he was glad he owned his own business, and therefore he set the dress code for all the employees. Being a very laid-back and easy-going guy, John believed that especially for a rock music magazine, his staff could still look professional even in jeans and t-shirts: or at the very least it was appropriate. At any rate, there's no way John would require anyone who worked for him to wear a suit and tie if even he thought it was completely ridiculous to do so. He usually was not a big fan of breakfast, but knew that if he didn't eat something that he'd be quite hungry by the time lunch came around. Settling on a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, John ate two bowls quickly, then brushed his teeth and headed out the door.

Hoping to see Kate leaving the around the same time, John was more than slightly let down by noticing that her car was already gone. Upon reaching his Jeep, John found a note on his windshield - "Good morning, Sunshine! Would love to meet up for lunch at the deli where I got that amazing soup for you last night. It's two blocks east of your building - a little place called Jimmy's. If you can, be there at 1:00, text me and let me know :)" John even liked her hand-writing, so neat - ironic, considering her profession, John thought to himself, jokingly. John pulled out his cell and began texting Kate as he climbed into his Jeep, sending her his response to let her know that he would meet her for lunch, all she sent back was a smiley face.

"Hey boss, glad to have you back", Angie greeted John, "feeling better, I hope?"

"Yeah, actually -" before John could finish, Angie cut him off.

"Good, because you've got a lot to catch up on, I rescheduled your interview with 'The Kids Table' for 3 o'clock this afternoon, and then you need to finalize your reviews for next months issue by 5. Welcome back", Angie smiled at John as he started pretending to fall asleep while she brought him up to date.

"Thanks Angie", John kept talking as he walked into his office, "this is why I love interviwing up-and-coming bands: no egos yet, no prima donnas, just people like me who are easy going and have no problem rescheduling things."

Fortunately, John had finished typing up those reviews and only needed to do dome some spell checking and some other editing, which he would most likely take care of before he left to meet Kate for lunch. He could then use the extra time to review is questions for the guys from The Kids Table. Three completed and edited reviews later, it was 12:30 and John had submitted his reviews to the printer for the next issue of Rock's Not Dead. Grabbing his jacket, John walked out of his office and through the bullpen. He took the elevator to the ground level and began to head for Jimmy's Deli, excited to see Kate again.

"Oh good, you made it", Kate's voice came from behind John as he entered the deli," I was kinda worried you might not make it here so quickly."

"Well, thanks for your confidence in my sense of direction", John said sarcastically, "So what's good here besides the soup?"

"Best sandwiches in the city, really", Kate replied warmly.

They both ordered sandwiches and then sat down at a nearby table.

"So, did you have a lot of work to catch up on today?" Kate asked.

"Yeah, but, I'm usually a day or two ahead on my work-load, so really all I have to do is a rescheduled interview with this new band The Kids Table", John answered in a way that made it seem like not such a big deal. After all John had done lots of interviews with bands, and having interviewed some of the bigger bands in the "scene", he really enjoyed talking to some of the younger bands that were just on the verge of making it big.

"Oh, sounds like fun, are they any good?" Kate asked.

"Yeah, I mean, for a band that's only been around for about a year and has already released an album that is creating a lot of buzz, they've basically been touring non-stop and to do that all without having a deal with a record label - that's pretty impressive, especially for how talented they are", John's passion for talking about music was obvious as he answered Kate's question in such a roundabout way.

After they finished lunch, John walked Kate back to the hospital and she had him come in so she could show him her office and where she worked. Working their way through the ground level they took the elevator up to the fourth floor. They stood outside Kate's office as she began digging through her purse to find her keys. As she was doing this John noticed a cart by the door that had a stack of adult diapers on it. He wondered how they compared to the X-Plus he had back at home and thought that they looked a little bit thinner, he didn't care much for the bluish tint on the outer plastic, either.

"Ahem", Kate cleared her throat to get John's attention, "So, wanna see where I do the most boring part of my job?"

"Oh", John said as he snapped his head back to her, hoping he hadn't been staring at the diapers for as long as he felt he had, "Yeah, I bet you have all kinds of fun paper work goin on in here any given day."

"Ha ha", Kate over-exaggerated, "I really hate this part of the job. I'd much rather be helping people get their lives back to normal."

"Well, don't you still work with patients?" John asked her.

"Yes, but ever since I was promoted, I usually only see 'more important' patients - people who have donated to the hospital, a professional athelete here or there, but rarely do I ever get to work with just regular people anymore", Kate had a sadness in her voice that John understood how much she really enjoyed her job, at least prior to her promotion.

"Isn't there anything you can do about that? I mean, I understand you supervise all physical therapy, but, can't you help yourself out a little bit?" John half-suggested, half-asked.

"The only way I'd be able to do that is if I started my own practice, which, I have thought about before, but I'm just not sure if I could really do it", Kate admitted.

"I refuse to believe that you couldn't do that, Kate. You should really look into it. Sure, you may not know where to start, but you probably know enough people to at least help you make the right steps towards it", John encouraged Kate, feeling like she had been discouraged by the idea by someone in the past.

"You're right, John. Thank you. Oh, it's nearly 2 o'clock, shouldn't you get back?" Kate noticed the time, knowing that John had to be back to his office by 2.

"Oh yeah, thank you. Umm, dinner tonight? Can I cook for you?" John asked as he began walking out of Kate's office.

"Well, if you're a good cook, sure. If not, I'm sure I can manage something. But, yeah, that sounds great, why don't you come on over around 6?" Kate winked as she teased John about his cooking abilities.

"Okay then, I will see you at 6 o'clock, and I hope you'll be hungry, because you will not be disappointed", John smiled knowing that he had at least two dishes his mom and sister had taught him to make that he was actually quite good at. As he walked out the door, he again saw the stack of diapers on the cart by Kate's office, though he tried to make it seem as though he was just looking back to wave to Kate.

• Like 1