LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Dry 24/7 Price Change?

Did anyone else notice that dry 24/7 changed the price of their product? I heard about them about a month ago, so I went to their website to see what the deal was. At the time, they were offering an 18 pack of mediums, shipped to your door for only 28.95. Thats about the same as a bag of Abena X-plus from amazon so I figured I would give them a shot.

Well, not even three weeks later and the price has increased to 47.95 for the same 18 pack. I thought maybe I misread when I first visited the website, but I am pretty sure the price used to be 20 dollars cheaper. Did anyone else notice this drastic price increase? Thanks

its certainly more than XPmedical is selling them... by 90 cents a diaper.... now XP is out of stock for mediums so you have to wonder if those prices are going up to....

I was going to make these my new everyday diaper but at 2.60 a piece aint no way..... at 1.70 it was already pushing it......

YEAH for inflation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XP had their prices low for a little while as part of an introductory promotion. We stocked up then, ordered 3 cases. Haven't needed any since. Honestly their quality control with these last few packs has disappointed me. We may go back to Abena X-Plus after these are done. Love the Drys for their thickness and capability, but we're getting several in each pack with 1 or both waistbands missing and 1 or 2 per pack that we have to toss or use as stuffers b/c the outer plastic shell is too thin, the tapes rip right through it. At full price I don't know if I see the value.

XP medical has them (mediums) 18 for $31.95 and thats consistently. I don't go to the main website bacause the prices are always to high, and now this. I'll stay with XP medical for these.

Odd indeed. I thought something was wrong when I last checked both websites. Both website show pricing including ground shipping.

It would seem that its cheaper to get them from the distributor (XPMedical) at the one case price, also XP Medical sell them as a half-case (DryLife does not, according to the website offering. Although if you were to check the Case price (four bags of 18 apiece) the price of $95.99 (approx.) is much cheaper than XPMedical.

I am wondering if one of us would be willing to act as a clearing house (such as they apparently do in Canada AB/DL circles) in order to supply Case Bought (4 bags) pricing from DryLife to the AB/DL Market, for a small profit of course (its only fair in a free market economy) at Bag Pricing?

This would mean that people here would be able to pick up a pack of 18 of the world's most absorptive adult diaper (93 oz. approx.) at a much cheaper price than either vendor is currently selling them, and also that the person(s) acting as the clearing house would also be able to obtain the same price. Something's gotta give, after all the market determines pricing. That is, if enough of us decide to do something about it.

I'd be interested in hearing anyone's thoughts about this as well.

Actually, all of this seems backwards from a business perspective. usually, if yo uwant something at a better price than retail, you go to the source, manufacturer etc and buy it there and it's cheaper. But here the manufacturer / main distributor is higher than a retailer / distributor....so whats up with that??

Being a middle man means a mark up, and depending on what kind of 'discount' you get from the manufacturer, you might make a profit on the sales, unless you have to rely strictly on volume to make anything from the sale *shrug*

I'm just curious why the main site has higher prices than a retailer....very confusing :huh:

I'm just curious why the main site has higher prices than a retailer....very confusing :huh:

2 words - bulk purchase.

XP et al, are buying cases upon cases. they have an account set up, likely an automated ordering type deal. For you a random customer - they have to input your info manually - thus it costs time to do this for each individual, and their focus is likely more towards commercial accounts. Thus your 'one time' purchase, eats so much more staff time, that it is a net loss unless they charge more.

XP had their prices low for a little while as part of an introductory promotion. We stocked up then, ordered 3 cases. Haven't needed any since. Honestly their quality control with these last few packs has disappointed me. We may go back to Abena X-Plus after these are done. Love the Drys for their thickness and capability, but we're getting several in each pack with 1 or both waistbands missing and 1 or 2 per pack that we have to toss or use as stuffers b/c the outer plastic shell is too thin, the tapes rip right through it. At full price I don't know if I see the value.

Interesting about the quality issues. I received 2 sample packs for the Dry 24/7s from XPmedical and they were fine, except that one of them had about a 2-3 inch tear in the back of the brief.....quite disappointing.

Odd indeed. I thought something was wrong when I last checked both websites. Both website show pricing including ground shipping.

It would seem that its cheaper to get them from the a middleman (XPMedical) at the one case price, also XP Medical sell them as a half-case (DryLife does not, according to the website offering. Although if you were to check the Case price (four bags of 18 apiece) the price of $95.99 (approx.) is much cheaper than XPMedical.

actually the 95.99 case price is for smalls only the med large price is 124.95 or 1.73 per diaper ($2.66 per diaper on a per bag price) on dry 24/7 website and 118.95 or 1.65 per on XPmedical

they are a new company and are based in canada as far as i know .So unfortunately with all of our taxes the price change does not suprise me .As far as iknow they had a hell of a time even getting started .Not only that we have a hard time finding a decent diaper here !.Also im not defending them either but if you can find a better product for cheaper go for it !! :thumbsup:

actually the 95.99 case price is for smalls only the med large price is 124.95 or 1.73 per diaper ($2.66 per diaper on a per bag price) on dry 24/7 website and 118.95 or 1.65 per on XPmedical

Ah yes, you are correct! Thanks for the clarification, now it makes sense to me.

A friend of mine who is a DD member, and who may find this post, told me recently that DryLife company is located in Brooklyn, New York. Just a factoid - its always nice to know where the local producers are located. That's all I know at present.

they are a new company and are based in canada as far as i know .So unfortunately with all of our taxes the price change does not suprise me .As far as iknow they had a hell of a time even getting started .Not only that we have a hard time finding a decent diaper here !.Also im not defending them either but if you can find a better product for cheaper go for it !! :thumbsup:

Dry Care is based in Brooklyn as mentioned above.

They manufacture overseas and ship to the US and Canada.

I'm not sure what they're doing with their prices, but I know mine are set that after the cost of the product and transportation (which in itself amounts to almost $23 PER CASE), my margins are around $10 a case.

This isn't even enough to rent a proper warehouse or hire a grunt, which is why I have 250 cases stacked up in my basement.

Dry Care isn't helping me out either by not updating their website to say they actually do ship in Canada... that hampers business pretty bad since most people will go straight to XP without even knowing I exist. Nothing against XP, but if you're in Canada, why would you pay more and deal with customs and a longer shipping wait when you don't have to.

They need to get their act together soon on several fronts (Dry Care, not XP) - fortunately I have not seen myself nor heard complaints from any of my customers regarding quality issues, but as the saying goes, only 1 in 10 people actually complain.

Dry Care is based in Brooklyn as mentioned above.

They manufacture overseas and ship to the US and Canada.

They're made in Israel. There are a lot of Israeli businesses that set up shell companies in the US, but aren't actually based here. I always assumed this was one such, but I don't know how to verify it either way.

Well, I can't confirm or deny their manufacturing location as I'm not involved or privvy to those specifics, but I can confirm that on the retail end of things they most certainly do have a warehouse and office in Brooklyn, as I've spoken to them several times to this office to arrange for my own deliveries.

This is where the US orders purchased from Dry Care directly ship out from. Is it a shell owned by a company overseas? Who knows. I'm Canadian, I can't judge American accents, so I have no idea who's on the other end of the phone.

The customer experiences that I've gotten so far are pretty much one end or the other -- you either love them or you hate them. There isn't much of a middle ground.

All this talk about high prices and disappointment during the holidays is a bummer, so to try and cheer it up I've gone ahead and put my full cases on sale for $99 this weekend.

I'd like to see more people get their hands on these and give them the opportunity to make their own judgments, good or bad. If there is problems, then more voices to Dry Care will get them resolved. (That's how it's supposed to work, right? Vote with you feet and all that...)

Now I'm gonna confuse you even more with my sale :)

I have seen this practice with other items, such as electronic parts and hardware.

The wholesaler or manufacturer does not want to piss off their dealers by under-cutting

the dealers price, so they will sell to you, but at a higher price. That way, if you can't

find a local dealer, or the dealer won't ship to you, you can still get the item direct,

but it will cost you more.