LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Horror Movies

nice to see zombies on speed for once!

:Crylol::drive1:

Reminds me of the "running vs. walking" debate amongst zombie fans. The thought of slow zombies sounds more farce than frightening. Imagine a racetrack with zombies shambling after a mechanical brain (like those ersatz rabbits used in greyhound racing).

Has anyone thought about intelligent zombies (as opposed to the drooling, incoherent variety)? Though the ponderous, dimwitted corpses might function as a social commentary about the masses. :lol:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:Crylol::drive1:

Reminds me of the "running vs. walking" debate amongst zombie fans. The thought of slow zombies sounds more farce than frightening. Imagine a racetrack with zombies shambling after a mechanical brain (like those ersatz rabbits used in greyhound racing).

Has anyone thought about intelligent zombies (as opposed to the drooling, incoherent variety)? Though the ponderous, dimwitted corpses might function as a social commentary about the masses. :lol:

He, he, yes I think Romero was actually critizing our consumer society when he made his trilogy.Sharply observed Oryx! And I think zombies are an excellent analogy for the masses. Lets face it, the greater part of humanity goes around frantically buying the latest gadgets, desperately keeping up with the latest trends, procuring a reason for living, procuring an identity through things, not realizing that sense of identity can only be reached through the painstakingly way of self-insight. The people fighting against the zombies are the individualists trying to withstand the lethal blows of conformity, one must withstand the cannibal-mind of the soulless, of the everlasting eatingmachine. That is probably why I find zombie movies so boring, one sees their kind each and every day on the street you know? So I think that maybe intelligent zombies in this respect is a contradiction in terms.:)

Horror movies have always been my favorite kind of movie to watch. I thought maybe that we could share/discuss any horror movies we've seen before.

Stuff like Friday 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Nightmare on Elm Street I cant stand.

I cant stand anything by Stephen King or Speilburg.

The old Boris Karloff and Vincent Price stuff I love!

most the king films have been absolute rubbish..admit it..sceen plays from his books on the whole ain't worth the effort

Got to agree with you there, some of his books are great on paper when you have to use your own imagination to fill in the blanks but as soon as they put them on the big screen they all kind of lose the "scare factor" :(

Stuff like Friday 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Nightmare on Elm Street I cant stand.

I cant stand anything by Stephen King or Speilburg.

The old Boris Karloff and Vincent Price stuff I love!

I agree with you when it comes to Friday the 13th, but I must say that I enjoyed the three first Nightmare on Elm Street films, the first one of course towering above the others. The first one had much less of the one liners that Freddy began to pull, these witty remarks polluted the whole series in the end. Come to think of it, no one would have died if they stuck with just making the first. Totally disagree with your contempt of Texas Chainsaw Massacre though, as I find the original to be the best horrorfilm of all times. There actually have been some quite good movies based on Kings books in my opinion; Needful Things, Children of the Corn, and Pet Sematary.

Aside from the already mentioned movies I like 'Trick Or Treat' and 'Master Of The Puppets' and Hitchcock ones.

I have to agree that some movies are really bad made compared to the book. It happened often to me that I read the book before or after watching the movie to it and finding the book better.

If anyone here can read and/or speak german it might be worth a try to give the Ghost Hunter John Sinclair series by Jason Dark a chance. I´m not sure if it ever was translated to another language. I read John Sinclair books since I was 7 or 8 and still like em.

The one movie and the proposed tv-series to it is just another example of a bad transformation from book to movie and tv-series

cheers from germoney

Andy

I bought this box yesterday containing 50 classic horrorfilms from the 30s, 40s, 50s and the 60s. Probably in for a jolly good time of hammy, overdone, melodramatic, typewriterlike acting I imagine :),but hopefully some quality horror as well. Among the films are Carnival of Souls, Nightmare Castle, White Zombie, and Maniac. Also bought The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Has anybody here seen any of these? Cheers!

Just finished watching The Exorcism of Emily Rose, and what can I tell you? One of the darkest and most atmospheric horrorfilms I have seen in a long while. And I am picky. I am almost tempted to let it usurp The Exorcists(at least the first one) place as far as possession-films go. Maybe it`s outright blasphemy stating something like that, but Emily Rose was pure brilliance. :)

Can't forget Steven King's movies, those are pretty deep

Oh yes...who can forget the masterpiece Maximum Overdrive, where Stephen King himself directed and promised us in the trailer that he was gonna scare the Hell outta us :P

Otherwise for horror...don't forget The Exorcist. And if you want some really good classic horror, I strongly recommend House of Wax (with Vincent Price...NOT Paris Hilton), The Curse of Frankenstein (Hammer classic), and my all time personal favorite...A Nightmare On Elm Street (that movie scared me to death when I first saw it, and I still love it to this day 20 years later).

Matthew :giljotiini:

Horrorfilms are definitely my favorite genre, and most of the films I watch are horror. There are countless excellent horrorfilms out there; The Woman in Black, Hellraiser 1 and 2, Society, Ringu(the original), Exorcist 1 and 3, Motel Hell, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1 and 2, Eraserhead, Mulholland Drive, Untold Story, Session 9, Rosemarys Baby, all the Omen films, Tetsuo the Iron man, Amityville 2:The Possession, Beyond the Darkness, the Nekromantik films, Guinea Pig: Flower of Flesh and Blood, Frailty, the Tenant, Suspiria, The Devils Rejects etc, etc. The absolute king of horrorfilms must be the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, nothing beats the filthiness, hopelessness, and psychological horror that this films manages to serve us. Sadly nothing approaching this is made anymore, and who to blame but Follywood? The worst horrorfilm is possibly the original the Haunting; seldom have I seen something so totally devoid of tension or atmosphere. But I am sure many will disagree :)

And of course one must not forget these succulent goodies: Deranged, Der Todesking, The Company of Wolves, Bram Stokers Dracula, The Manson Family, Cannibal Holocaust, The Ninth Gate, Subconscious Cruelty,The Changeling, Fright Night 2, Audition, and probably countless others that don`t come to mind at the present moment. :)

hi all it's me :)

what about frankenstien unbound, and carnasaur. the supernaturals, and bunches of other b movies lol

love yas all

heather

Hello there kaithlyn! Haven`t seen any of the films you mentioned I`m afraid :) But have you seen Carnival of Souls from 1962? I saw it yesterday, and I must say it was a nice little disharmonic film indeed. Recommended. Interesting to know that Mr Lynch supposedly has drawn inspiration from this film for his work. There is a chasing sequence near the end of the film which reminded me of the psychotic old couples behaviour near the end of Mulholland Drive. Anyway, cheers folks! :)

Other nice horror-goodies: The spanish necro-short Aftermath, Parents, The Curse, American Gothic, and the brilliant turkey Maniac(not the one from the 1980s, but the one from the 1930s). By the way, not much activity going on here at the moment, have you folks grown tired of the thread or is it just me being the ever eager horrorfanatic? :) Anyway, cheers!

"The Changeling" with George C Scott.

Yes indeed, a very enjoyable ghost-horrorfilm! :) But The Woman in Black is infinitely more creepier, in my opinion. Recommendations. Cheers!

I too afwaid to post in here. there are monsters in here :o

No monsters in here, just babies with black nappies! :P

if you like old horror movies, I'd suggest King of the Zombies, i laughed my *** off the entire movie :o

I thought that horror movies were supposed to be scary, not funny. Or is it not very good at the scary thing?

Ahhh they're black? lol

Lucio Fulci and Dario Argento are great foreign directors

if you like old horror movies, I'd suggest King of the Zombies, i laughed my *** off the entire movie :o

Agree with you when it comes to Argento. Visually and gorewise his films are excellent, for me Suspiria is number one! Too bad that Mr Argento doesn`t bother hiring good actors, or having a decent script, very annoying. His films could have been perfect if he rectified this. Haven`t seen King of the Zombies though, when was it made? On the topic of funny horror, what about Shaun of the Dead? Excellent stuff if you ask me :)

I think King of the Zombies was made in the 50's but its funny because...

they're trying to make a serious movie, and it turns out to be the most retarded movie but there's some funny parts

I think I mentioned this in an earlier post, but anyway I bought this sweet, sweet box set containing 50 classic horrorfilms, and I watched this film called Maniac from the 1930s. The same thing there, trying to make a scary horrorfilm, but the whole film is so disjointed, laughable and retarded that it was impossible to view it any other way than great, great comedy. And the acting is of course indescribable. You should check it out, a big stinking turkey.