LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Horror Movies

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest diamondback688

the only hooro movies i really like are the hanibal lecter series(the silence of the lambs,red dragon, hanibal) but i donnu if u could cataorize them under horror movies...

I liked Seven. I thought that was pretty good. I also liked eXistenZ (kinda like a horror...sort of).

I don't get to watch movies very often. Life is always happening when I try to make other plans. :badmood:

Guest diamondback688

red dragon is the sequel to the silende of the lambs...its a 3 part story...

first is red dragon, then the silence of the lambs, and then hannibal...and just so u know...red dragon is a remake of a movie called Manhunter...manhunter has William Peterson as the FBI agent...i reccommend u watch both of them as they both have different ppl...and they both are really good movies...

• 2 months later...

Horrorfilms are definitely my favorite genre, and most of the films I watch are horror. There are countless excellent horrorfilms out there; The Woman in Black, Hellraiser 1 and 2, Society, Ringu(the original), Exorcist 1 and 3, Motel Hell, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1 and 2, Eraserhead, Mulholland Drive, Untold Story, Session 9, Rosemarys Baby, the Omen-trilogy, Tetsuo the Iron man, Amityville 2:The Possession, Beyond the Darkness, the Nekromantik films, Guinea Pig: Flower of Flesh and Blood, Frailty, the Tenant, Suspiria, The Devils Rejects etc, etc. The absolute king of horrorfilms must be the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, nothing beats the filthiness, hopelessness, and psychological horror that this films manages to serve us. Sadly nothing approaching this is made anymore, and who to blame but Follywood? The worst horrorfilm is possibly the original the Haunting; seldom have I seen something so totally devoid of tension or atmosphere. But I am sure many will disagree :)

i loved the stalker movies ie: jason micheal, and freddie. lol but i loved the evil dead movies and the george romero dead movies. the remake of the amityville horror gave me chills. freakieeeeeeeeeeeeee.

the first horror film i ever seen was friday the 13th part 6 jason returns. i was 6 years old and my brothers made me sit there in the dark living roon, and watch all of it, no pillow, no nothing lol it really pissed my mom off bad lol

but since then i love scarey movies :)

love yas all

heather

I'm a horror movie fanatic, but I don't really look at horror movies as scary movies. I prefer blood and guts over scariness anyday, and nothing beats Dead Alive in that department. Lucio Fulci's movies, Evil Dead series, George Romero, John Carpenter, Peter Jackson (ya he directed lotr, wanna fight about it?), I love Re-animator too, it's a classick :thumbsup:

Of course must not forget Evil Dead 1 and 2. Used to have part 2 as my favorite, but has since switched over to the first one; definitely less humorous and darker :) Carpenters the Thing and the Fog are also memorable goodies of horror, am, probably one of the few who is not a drooling fan when it comes to his Halloween. First one was rather boring, part 2 is watchable. One thing is for certain, Mr Carpenter has lost his magic touch nowadays and is spewing out crap like the unimaginable crappy Ghosts of Mars. Maybe it is time to stop,Mr.Carpenter, and begin working with what your name clearly outlines?( Yeah, I know I `m a funny guy.)

David Cronenberg has also directed some brilliant films I think; enjoyed the Brood, Scanners and Dead Ringers(more drama-horror perhaps?) Enjoy the Romero trilogy, but cannot stand to watch another zombie movie for as long as I live. It`s the same with slasher films, pretty fed up with them as well, it is the same thing over and over again with no sense of invention.

And it`s strange;cannot remember the last time I saw a new,decent atmospheric and creepy horrorfilm,with the exeption of the brilliant Session 9; they just do not make them these days. That is really sad you know, I desperately want to feel really creeped out when I see a new horrorfilm, but alas, lets face it, it is very unlikely that this will happen. Now we have to live with crap like Wrong Turn, the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and what not. But one can always hope that the independent horrorscene will be able to serve up some treats in the nearest future.

I think the horrorfilms that have left the greatest impression is not films with slashers running around, monsters, nor zombies munching greedily on folks, but films that taps into the darkest recesses of your psyche and plays around in that landscape, and not trying to gross you out with gallons of blood and guts. I remember I wrote an essay on horror, and I consulted this book where a norwegian psychiatrist interpret how the whole aspect of horror has changed from the early expressionist horror of the the thirties to the modern day horror. He said that one has seen a development from inner tension to outer tension. In the era of expressionism and surrealism one had as a focus the subconscious, the repressed in the human mind, and this repression became a source of conflict. The human mind stood as a symbol for the forbidden, the dark, the hidden. And he says, the reason why the horrorfilm has lost much of it`s initial power is that it has tried to sustain the initial affects by using effects. It has gone from psychological drama to the primitive physical drama. And while I must admit that I haven`t actually seen any horrorfilms of that era( This I plan to as soon as possible),with the exeption of the brilliant Nosferatu, I can fully relate to the point he is trying to make, and I know where he is coming from.

I remember when I was 8 standing awed, browsing the horrorshelfs, just looking at the numerous videocovers. I had yet to see a horrorfilm, but it was all uncharted territory, and it was scary. And damn it, I really want that feeling back again, the tension, the atmosphere. Anyway, I know I have been going on and on now, but this is a theme that lies very close to the old pumping red, and belinda, kaithlyn,kanji, ravenyasha and others, what do you think about the whole matter?Cheers! :)

My favorite horror movies include Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs, Saw, Ring 0: Birthday, The Ring, Rose Red, Hellsing (the anime series), and High Tension. Favorite female characters in horror include Sadako from the Ringu trilogy, Marie from High Tension (Yummy! :blush: ), Integra and Ceras from Hellsing, and Amanda from Saw (whether in the "reverse beartrap," and short hair from Saw II). :wub:

Speaking of Ringu and The Ring, I seem to share Samara Morgan's height (4'11") and long dark hair. Now if I could just get the shambling and her voice. Don't mean to boast, but I think I can do a pretty mean impression of Jigsaw's voice.

Does anyone in here watch horror films to help defuse anger? Somehow watching (fantasy) bloodshed and in some cases, viscera aids in settling my nerves; though I would also prefer good plotlines to "flesh out" the disembowelment.

I think the horrorfilms that have left the greatest impression is not films with slashers running around, monsters, nor zombies munching greedily on folks, but films that taps into the darkest recesses of your psyche and plays around in that landscape, and not trying to gross you out with gallons of blood and guts. I remember I wrote an essay on horror, and I consulted this book where a norwegian psychiatrist interpret how the whole aspect of horror has changed from the early expressionist horror of the the thirties to the modern day horror. He said that one has seen a development from inner tension to outer tension. In the era of expressionism and surrealism one had as a focus the subconscious, the repressed in the human mind, and this repression became a source of conflict. The human mind stood as a symbol for the forbidden, the dark, the hidden. And he says, the reason why the horrorfilm has lost much of it`s initial power is that it has tried to sustain the initial affects by using effects. It has gone from psychological drama to the primitive physical drama. And while I must admit that I haven`t actually seen any horrorfilms of that era( This I plan to as soon as possible),with the exeption of the brilliant Nosferatu, I can fully relate to the point he is trying to make, and I know where he is coming from.

Very interesting, Necare. While I do agree with modern horror focusing more on gore than psychological terror, I haven't though about the correlation between expressionism and surrealism and "repression of the human mind." I suppose this is where I become unnerved after reading fiction like George Orwell's 1984 and the ending of Ray Bradbury's "The Pedestrian." While not classified as horror, the notion of society condemning, brainwashing, and even executing the harmless characters who don't conform to a "T" is just downright scary! :o

Hello there Tuxedo Oryx! I have seen the first Saw, Ringu, and Silence of the Lambs. All great films! The american remake managed to create quite a bit of atmosphere, but 40 minutes out in the film it all became too Hollywood for my taste. The same with the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the first half hour was intense and enjoyable, then it all fell to pieces as far as I`m concerned. But then again, the original I hold in so high regard that I was biased from the outset, and I find it impossible not to compare. For me it`s like diamond vs turd; but which is the diamond and which is the turd, since I`m an AB and all, that is the question :P Which of the Rings do you think was the best then?

But then again remakes can actually turn out to be better than the original, I felt that was the case with the Grudge; even though it was the same director, I felt that the remake was better than the original. Remember especially the scene when this womans brother calls her on the intercome, she sees him through the peephole in the door, opens it, and no one is there, and then the squeaky sound. Excellent! I know you read my earlier post Oryx, but of course I didn`t mean to imply that there was not a single modern horrorfilm that had atmosphere and psychological tension, Ringu and the Grudge remake is perfect examples of the contrary. But the sad trend in Follywood as I see it, is this draught of creativity, this constant urge to use others recipees when shooting a horrorfilm. It seems that you have to rely on Asia when it comes to this type of horror, but then again, there must be some creative thinking conserved there as well, for how much can you take of scary,pale little boys hiding in the stairwell trying oh so hard to creep you out? :P

Very interesting, Necare. While I do agree with modern horror focusing more on gore than psychological terror, I haven't though about the correlation between expressionism and surrealism and "repression of the human mind." I suppose this is where I become unnerved after reading fiction like George Orwell's 1984 and the ending of Ray Bradbury's "The Pedestrian." While not classified as horror, the notion of society condemning, brainwashing, and even executing the harmless characters who don't conform to a "T" is just downright scary! :o

Hello again! I`ve read "1984", and it is a great book indeedy!! The ending is excellent. Have you read anything by Clive Barker by the way? Recommended to the highest degree! That man has gallons of talent, and if you ever check out his work, remember his "Books of Blood" It is a compilation of horror-short stories, and standout stories for me must be "Down, Satan!", and probably the best horrorstory I`ve ever read, "Dread". Sorry, haven`t read any Ray Bradbury stories I`m afraid, any highlights you could recommend? :) I know that it is one book I would very much like to read. My dad told me he many years ago purchased this book on a flee market. He had gotten ready for bed, picked up the book, and started to read. At first the plot seemed fairly ordinary, but then, he said, it was as something was completely wrong. He felt as if the whole normal everyday scenery slowly became saturated with something unimaginable, something really creepy. And we are not talking your average spinechill, no, he explained to me that, and keep this in mind, he is not, I repeat not the person to be easily scared by a horrorfilm or story...he explained that he began to feel an intense feel of dread, shadows began roaming about on the wall, and he began to hear these twisted and creepy sounds. He became so afraid that he instantly rose up from the bed, went into the living room, and threw the whole book in the fire. It may sound as he was psychotic or something, but I repeat, not easily scared and very down to earth. I have asked him countless times if he can remember the name or the author of the book, but you know, the fact is that this episode gave him such a fright, that he has since repressed both title and author. Now, all you folks, that is pretty mindblowing, is it not? :)

Of course one must not forget the king of twisted and psychological horror, Mr Lynch!! That man is pure brilliance, no other can make a lamp on a dresser seem creepy! His best work is definitely Eraserhead, the Twin Peaks series, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, Mulholland Drive and Wild At Heart. :)