LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wet Diapers And Yeast Infections

For that to happen, you would have to be in a wet diaper for a long time. Just make sure when you change, you clean the diaper area and use powder to keep the skin dry

My girlfriend gets worried about being in a wet diaper too long due to yeast infections, is there any way to prevent or at least lower the risk of a yeast infection due to wearing a diaper ?

For that to happen, you would have to be in a wet diaper for a long time. Just make sure when you change, you clean the diaper area and use powder to keep the skin dry

Should i powder before i put then diaper on, and after i change her too ?

She wont be in the wet diaper for longer than an hour, which doesnt seem too long.

Powder doesn't absorb much wetness. Actually, if you get powder wet, it'll get clumpy on your skin and hard to wipe off, more than likely inducing infection if it gets inside her. All it does is make a person smell nice.

I'm no doctor either, but that's my experience with powder. If a person is going to use powder, no matter if you're male or female, don't use too much!

What will prevent yeast infections?

1. Not staying in wet diapers for a long time (a few hours is fine, but longer than that usually gives people rashes anyway). Wet and warm = a breeding ground for bacteria. Urine may be sterile, but once it comes into contact with something germy, like a person's skin...It's not sterile anymore!

2. Keeping her diaper area clean.

Sources: Experience.

~ moogle

i've been in wet diapers up to 8 hours before, never had a yeast infection.... clean the area when changing and hopefully she has good personal hygene..

also just as a general everyday health thing, eating yogurt daily is good, as is drinking cranberry juice..... just to maintain healthy womanly balance.

She does seem to get the fairly easy, she does have pretty good Hygene, She does have PCOS, which means the hormone inbalance or something can make it more prone.

But ill get on with those reccomendations of Natural Yoghurt and Cranberry juice, i like both of them anyway :P

I'll add my experience in this department, since it's relevant.

Keep it clean is right! Mommy got her first ever yeast infection from me by both of us neglecting to wipe me down before sex. If you've got a female partner and you engage in sexual activity (penetration or otherwise) after being in a wet diaper, make sure you wipe down first!

or just take preventative measures ?

I think the blame lies with not wiping down before sex after we have both been in bet diapers.

Its only happened a couple of times, but id rather take the proper steps to reduce the risks.

Dont wear wet diapers ?

Are you out of your mind ;)

I'm not out of my mind. I have the same fetish and love to be wet like the rest of ya's.

But sometimes the simplest solution is the best one? It's easier to not wear wet diapers at all than it is to have to deal with a bacterial infection. That's what a doctor would say.

Luckily I won't have this problem so I can stay dripping wet all day. :crybaby:

Yea me too, i was chatting before and the only time she has ever gotten a yeast infection from wearing diapers was from when we had sex after wearing them for a few hours.

I dont remember wiping myself or her down before, so i think, if we take the time to have a good wipe and clean down (may kill the moment slightly, but that really is better than a yeast infection, you will probably agree), that should be enough.

If the steps taken fail again, then she will have to give up staying in wet diapers and change right away, doesnt mean i have too though.

Diaper Candida, or more commonly known as 'diaper yeast infection'

Cause: Prolonged exposure (over four hours) of ones skin to a wet and soiled diaper, and/or failure to correctly clean diaper area between changes to eliminate the stale urine and faeces and also reduce the yeast.

Symptons: Painful irritation with scattered small red spots with a scaly surrounding.

Treatment: Wash the affected area with a mild soap, and rince with cool clean water. Dry by padding area with clean towel, rather than rubbing. Allow to air dry for 30mins, and apply zinc oxide based cream. Allow the cream time to absorb into the skin before covering. In extreme case, antifungal cream or anti-biotics are suggested.

Prevention: Wash / clean diaper area well between changes. Reduce time spent in wet and soiled diapers. = Good hygiene habits.

Long Term Complications: Dermis degredation, requiring skin grafts to repair. Blood poisining from bacteria entering bloodstream.

Disclaimer: The above occur in the extreme cases. Prevention is always better than the cure. If you are worrried, consult a qualified and experience medical practitioner.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: if you are worried, then quite wearing wet diapers.

I am sorry, but this silly topic is making me chukkle. The answer is sooo simple. Don't wear wet diapers. We are adults here, we should be able to rightly sacrifice things we like for our own safety. It's somewhat extreme to consider all other options with wet diaper yeast infections except the obvious one of stopping the wearing of them.

A+B=C.

Simple math.

• Like 1

If your girlfriend is prone to yeast infections, there are several things she can do so that she can still wear diapers. First, is that she probably should not wear a wet one more than an hour. Also, a little air dry time at changings helps. When she is not in diapers she should wear only cotton underpants. Cloth diapers would be better for her but not absolutely necessary. That also goes for women prone to bacterial infections too, which are NOT the same as yeast. Second, proper hygiene. Wiping off thoroughly before sex drastically reduces pathogens introduced to the vagina. Yeast is always present in everyone, but introducing anything that upsets the balance can cause overgrowth, I.E. infection. Third, eat pro-biotic foods. Try a live acidophilus supplement, or milk containing acidophilus. Good organic yogurt is a great source for pro-biotic cultures that inhibit yeast growth, though any yogurt will do in a pinch. Cranberry juice is not pro-biotic but it is a very good way to help with urinary health, and by clearing up anything that might be in the urinary system, you can reduce chances of vaginal infections. The only way that one could be certain not to get yeast infection by wearing wet diapers would be to change them promptly or not wet at all, but with proper care one could wear it up to one hour without a problem. Beyond that is asking for trouble in a sensitive woman.

I am not a doctor, just a woman with a lot of experience with troublesome vaginas, including my own. I have helped many friends clear up their vaginal issues with natural means. Hope this helps!

Very helpful indeed Little Faerie, and advice i shall deffinatly pass on, like most people said, prevention is better than the cure, exect one miserable sod, who just wants her to quit wearing diapers.

Its more to just put her mind at ease, im pretty sure its only been diaper related once, out of all the times we have worn, which is alot.

But the tips should help OUT of diapers too.

I don't want her to quit wearing diapers, but to quite wearing WET diapers.

If there is a bacterial problem, then eliminate the catalyst, the problem.

From this post, and your earlier post, you seem to think that a wet diaper is the catalyst involved in accelerating the rate of the yeast bacteria growth. Sorry to inform you, but you are incorrect.

For yeast to mature, grow, and reproduce requires the following....

1 - Warm damp environment

2 - Food source

Without one of the two, yeast will not grow. The warm wet diaper is only ONE of the elements required. The second element is a food source, and urine is NOT this specific bacteria food source - it is the facees, or in simple terms, poop.

1 - Your suggestion that this person stops wearing wet diapers will NOT avoid yeast infection if this person fails to clean themselves correctly.

2 - A catalyst, since you seem to be fond of this word, I suggest that you look at its definition.

catalyst [ˈkætəlɪst]n1. (Chemistry) a substance that increases the rate of a chemical reaction without itself suffering any permanent chemical change.

What is the catalyst in this chemical reaction? The wet diaper, (warm damp environment) and poop (food source) only two of the three primary elements in this reaction, with the bacteria being the third. If you remove any one of the three, does the reaction stop or slow down? I will tell you, remove any one in this reaction and the reaction will cease.

Why does everybody keep saying "yeast bacteria"??? Yeast infection and bacterial infection are two VERY different things. Yeast is a fungus, not a bacteria. That is why vaginitis caused by Candida (yeast) is treated with fungicidals like miconazole and tioconazole, and not with antibiotics such as metronidazole or clindamycin, which are the common ones for bacterial vaginosis. To be absolutely and perfectly clear, yeast is a fungus. Yeast is not a bacteria. Also, I missed two more important pieces of advice.

Never, EVER douche if you get infections. It's not even good for healthy women really. This is one of the leading causes of pathogens introduced to the vagina and can even cause bacteria and fungi to enter the uterus, which can cause chronic yeast infection or bacterial PID (pelvic inflammatory disease). Going to the doctor for PID can be humiliating the first few times, as they WILL assume that you have an STD and often make you take the pills for chlamydia and gonorrhea before the test results are even in, which is very unnecessary if you know you are clean. The treatment for this kind of PID is oral metronidazole, not the levofloxacin that would likely be given on the assumption you have STDs. I have had arguments with doctors on this one because I had chronic recurrent PID for years before I finally had one good lady doctor who got it stopped for good. The vagina is self cleaning, and douche can dry out natural secretions and allow bad bacteria and organisms to flourish. A little plain soap and water on the outside is all it needs, no fancy flowery Summer's Eve, not even the "personal wash". Just soap. Not sitting in tap water baths helps too... especially bubble baths, as does adding epsom salts if you must sit in a bath. The occasional bubble bath is ok... adding the salts is a good precaution and it shouldn't be done often.

Also, cutting back on refined sugars and alcohol greatly reduces yeast populations in the body.

If I remember anything else, I will be sure to pass it along. Women should not have to suffer an infection... it just plain sucks!

• Like 2