LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Take It, Take It, Take It!

DailyDi

Still loving the new coffee machine... trying to give up sugar in my coffee, so using less with every cup. So far so good. Figure if I go from Soda and juice, to no sugar coffee it'll be a good reduction in excess calories!

I learned to drink it black, but I've also learned to give up coffee altogether. I don't even sweeten my tea anymore. I get almost no sugar in my diet save from fruits.

Maybe you can try a natural sweetener: Stevia.

Use artificial sugar some are better than others for different things, most work good in coffee and drinks but some taste awful on cereal.

You can have the sweetness you enjoy without the guilt and calories, I started using it in the 60's and so far it hasn't killed or harmed me yet.

I drink tons of sugar free drinks everyday I'm not worried about weight I'm barely 110 lbs but was close to 260 when I was young.

I don't recommend artificial sweeteners, some people seem unaffected but others can not tolerate them. Aspartame is one of the major ones that causes problems. When used frequently it can cause symptoms that mimic Fibromyalgia and the Epstein Barr virus (the source of Mono). A while back I started feeling horrible, like I had Mono all over again, for over a month. I was having some adrenal problems unrelated to the sweetener use, but also symptoms that didn't fit, and a doctor suggested I stop using artificial sweetener, as I was drinking it in several beverages a day. Within a week the aching bones and stiff sore muscles were getting markedly better. All artificial sweeteners also trick your body into thinking it has been fed sugar, and causes the overproduction of insulin, which over time can lead to higher incidence of type 2 diabetes as the pancreas gets pooped out from pumping out all that insulin. It is strongly suggested that diabetics avoid fake sugars as it screws with blood sugar in other ways too. Some people can do just fine and never notice anything, but I have known several people who cannot use them without becoming ill in some way. Besides, why put fake food in your body when real food is available? Chemicals vs Food... this one's easy for me. Of course, I like black coffee anyway so I don't miss anything by not adding sugar :)

As another suggested, try stevia, or give raw unfiltered sugar a shot, in SMALL quantities. It's better than refined sugar is by far, and used sparingly, isn't unhealthy. It even has trace minerals that are good for you. It's not healthy like broccoli, but in moderation it is just fine.

That's Faerie's two coppers. Take them or leave them.

EEEEWWW!!!!! You can keep all the broccli....I do like the little cabbage looking things tho..Off/on sugar in my coffee & always in my tea.....Sugar keeps me A sweet little :angel_not:

LilJim... you are an odd one lol. You don't like broccoli but you like Brussels Sprouts? Lol I call them little cabbages, and they are soooo good steamed with butter. Broccoli can be very good if prepared right. Most people think of either raw or boiled mushy stuff... blech to the latter. Steamed is the way to go with that one. Raw is ok but I find it best steamed crisp-tender with butter and seasonings. To each their own... at least you eat some green veggies.

I've never been a sugar fan in my coffee (and rarely even take milk). One thing I did do this year that was sort of fun was to plant a stevia plant. it grows like crazy and the leaves are incredibly sweet and sugar free. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with the thing but figured I could "muddle" them into ice tea. Winter has come so I'm drying the leaves out to see what I can do with them.

I am a coffee geek however.

Hey DD, glad you're loving that coffee maker! We need some pleasures in life beyond soggy diapers!

It's funny (or maybe not strange at all) that even those who really like coffee have such different preferences. I never liked sugar in my coffee and when I've gotten it accidentally, its hard to choke it down. Usually I'll just dump it out. I drink mine with 1% milk or can have up to whole milk, but hate it with 1/2&1/2 or cream (don't even talk about non-dairy creamer!)

Some of us love DD coffee (the OTHER DD:whistling: ) ; some love Peet's, Seattle's Best, etc. Some like their own home brew best - and for DD now, their own particular maker.

I HATE even the smell of flavored coffees and couldn't even think of drinking it - I have a friend who loves Dunkin' Donuts coffee black with Yoohoo (sp?? - that chocolate milk stuff) mixed in.

I'm not so interested in the whole thing that I'd make up a survey, but it might be interesting to survey what we like as a morning beverage and how we like it.

Meanwhile, DD, enjoy that coffee! :thumbsup: