LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Torn Diaper Bags In Stores..

Guest little_jonny

Guest little_jonny

whenever i go to the store i sometimes pass through the diaper section just to see if there's anything new or just enjoy the smell of the baby powder. i admit growing up i did rip open goodnite bags and put it on in the bathroom at the store. i finally stoped knowing one day i would get caught and have to answer questions. but any way, have you ever passed the diaper section and see diaper bags that have been riped open? i have seen some in the diaper section and the adult diaper section in my home town and have seen diaper bags riped open. has anyone else seen this in the stores where they lived at?

I see it a lot, could be a ab/dl curious kid or might be a desperate mom, waiting for the welfare check to arrive. Regardless of the why's it makes all of ours chicken, cereal and popsicles more expensive.

Yeah, I see this theme of "Vanalized Diapers" especially in just about every instance where adult diapers are sold in either shopping stores or london drugs... I mean its one thing to take a bite out of some grapes to check it out but lay off the diaper snatchin "Yee gawd damn hooligan elderly incontinence raiding shananigan makers!" LOL

There is one place I go with a few big posted notes saying "DO NOT TARE OPEN THE DIAPERS". They watch the incontinence section like hawks. I have never ripped open a pack... ok yes I have but never to steal. I always tore the packs open to get more info on the diaper.

This is a great subject because its true, we all know its true and comments can be made.

and then they cant sell the product

I often skim through the bargain bin at the supermarket. It's not uncommon for there to be packs of diapers in there that have been taped back up and marked down.

I suspect this is why some supermarkets offer complimentary diapers or vending machines in the bathrooms - to try and dissuade people taking them from retail stock.

they will usually tape them up and sell at a discount or send them to a grocery thrift store, sometimes even a women's shelter. I got a full pack -1 of Underjams at walmart for .75

Selling at a discount, donating them or just tossing them, still represents a loss for the company and everyone ends up paying more to make up for it.

Guest NaughtyAshes

Yes, this is a common occurrence in various large scale retailers, not just diapers, but underwear, food, healthcare products, toothbrushes, dvds, cds, the list goes on.

Really, what it is, and I know i'm going to be painted as a racist for saying this, but it comes from a long time of personal experience watching it happen over and over. Its Asian/indian people, especially middle aged/baby boomer Asian/indian people. They open at least 1 or 2 of every package they intend to buy to inspect the products inside. Then they universally toss the opened packages back on the shelf and grab one of the unopened ones. It casues 100,000s of dollars in loss for companies as a lot of the products, especially healthcare ones, if found opened need to be destroyed. Sometimes we can get away with resealing diaper packages, but we really aren't supposed to be doing that.

man, that would be a surprize for someone! Putting on your diaper, going out to run errands, wetting and discovering after the seat of your pants were soaked that a stock boy had got the back of one of your diapers with his box cutter!

man, that would be a surprize for someone! Putting on your diaper, going out to run errands, wetting and discovering after the seat of your pants were soaked that a stock boy had got the back of one of your diapers with his box cutter!

Which is why the boxes have this symbol on:

428523917_46c1d917df.jpg

;)

Guest NaughtyAshes

if you think its the "stock boy," then you've obviously never actually opened a casepack before in your life. They would have to be going at it like a maniac on drugs to knick the product.

if you think its the "stock boy," then you've obviously never actually opened a casepack before in your life. They would have to be going at it like a maniac on drugs to knick the product.

Not really, box cutters are pretty sharp and the blade is probably about 5 times longer than cardboard thickness. I have actually seen many packages cut by box cutters because, let's face it, many stockers get lazy and/or in a hurry and don't worry about things like they should. I order cases all the time, in big boxes, they are taped up for us instead of glued. Store cases (for almost all products) come in glued boxes that can be difficult to open, you have to break the glue with quite a bit of force or tear the box .... or use a box cutter. So it's pretty common for them to ignore the fact that they aren't suppose to open them with cutters, actually, and box cutters almost always damage the product. A few places I use to work at banned them from the business completely and labeled them as "deadly weapons" so they could fire employees who used them.

For those interested, the easiest way to break the glue is to freeze the box. LOL Frozen products were so easy to open that sometimes the glue would break during shipment.

Guest NaughtyAshes

Not really, box cutters are pretty sharp and the blade is probably about 5 times longer than cardboard thickness. I have actually seen many packages cut by box cutters because, let's face it, many stockers get lazy and/or in a hurry and don't worry about things like they should. I order cases all the time, in big boxes, they are taped up for us instead of glued. Store cases (for almost all products) come in glued boxes that can be difficult to open, you have to break the glue with quite a bit of force or tear the box .... or use a box cutter. So it's pretty common for them to ignore the fact that they aren't suppose to open them with cutters, actually, and box cutters almost always damage the product. A few places I use to work at banned them from the business completely and labeled them as "deadly weapons" so they could fire employees who used them.

For those interested, the easiest way to break the glue is to freeze the box. LOL Frozen products were so easy to open that sometimes the glue would break during shipment.

So there are basically three types of casepacks in retail (There are more, but these are the most common).

Intra-company repack/reuse boxes. These are for sending assorted eaches instead of sending a full case. These are taped shut and usually have so much room in them you'd have to be jabbing at them to hit the merch inside.

Tapes casepacks. Now I will say, it is possible to hit the product here in a more designed one, but most allow for some gap room or have additional packing material you will hit first before the product.

Glue casepacks. Now interestingly enough, KC and PG, tend to use these for shipping cases of diapers. They rip on the sides and so no box cutter is needed. Although I guess if you were to use one, which would be horribly inneffecient and extra work, you'd prolly hit the merch inside as they tend to be packed tight full.

When it comes to loss and liability, most theft is employee theft, most damage is customer related.

Also...500 posts!

So there are basically three types of casepacks in retail (There are more, but these are the most common).

Intra-company repack/reuse boxes. These are for sending assorted eaches instead of sending a full case. These are taped shut and usually have so much room in them you'd have to be jabbing at them to hit the merch inside.

Tapes casepacks. Now I will say, it is possible to hit the product here in a more designed one, but most allow for some gap room or have additional packing material you will hit first before the product.

Glue casepacks. Now interestingly enough, KC and PG, tend to use these for shipping cases of diapers. They rip on the sides and so no box cutter is needed. Although I guess if you were to use one, which would be horribly inneffecient and extra work, you'd prolly hit the merch inside as they tend to be packed tight full.

When it comes to loss and liability, most theft is employee theft, most damage is customer related.

Also...500 posts!

Most damage I have seen is stocker related, perhaps it is the areas that make the big difference there. Though I must admit to not buying diapers in stores for a few years, but even beyond the box cutter issue there is also the mishandling of the packages which I have witnessed first hand in the past. I also use to be a big shoplifter, I stopped that after a year but on average would steal about $400 a day worth of merchandise, typically from about 3 stores. There were three of us doing this (we were stupid 20 somethings, okay) and averaged a total of about $1,000 to $1,200 a day, often returning for cash after to get gas money or eat at fast food. Security doesn't matter, even now I know of major shoplifters who have made a career of it (I don't associate with them at all) that break at least a few hundred a week from the same stores. Most customers do not walk around stores with razor blades randomly cutting merchandise, but most damage to merchandise is cuts, not tears or breaks, so I highly doubt that (at least in the areas I have been) it's mostly customers damaging the merchandise.

99% of boxes i had had the no cut symbol on it. I cut anyways. we had too much work to do to do everything manually.

I do have to agree that a majority of the damage seems to come from the stockers, we handle it more then anyone did and we were the ones with the razors. Though we had spring loaded ones at walmart that only pushed the razor out just enough to cut through the cardboard, was pretty nice and I kinda want one now.

Guest NaughtyAshes

Most damage I have seen is stocker related, perhaps it is the areas that make the big difference there. Though I must admit to not buying diapers in stores for a few years, but even beyond the box cutter issue there is also the mishandling of the packages which I have witnessed first hand in the past. I also use to be a big shoplifter, I stopped that after a year but on average would steal about $400 a day worth of merchandise, typically from about 3 stores. There were three of us doing this (we were stupid 20 somethings, okay) and averaged a total of about $1,000 to $1,200 a day, often returning for cash after to get gas money or eat at fast food. Security doesn't matter, even now I know of major shoplifters who have made a career of it (I don't associate with them at all) that break at least a few hundred a week from the same stores. Most customers do not walk around stores with razor blades randomly cutting merchandise, but most damage to merchandise is cuts, not tears or breaks, so I highly doubt that (at least in the areas I have been) it's mostly customers damaging the merchandise.

Well I work in retail management and see the amount of loss prior to leaving the logistics system and after its on the salesfloor (This can be done by comparing MOSes during the logisitics processes versus MOSes during the business hours). Also, pretty much any textbook on retail will confirm my theory. Product Damage increases proportionally to number of customers in the building. Yes there is a lot of damage in the logistics process, but it pales in comparison to the shortage direct from the sales floors.

I mean think about it, that is why hard plastic wrap was invented. To keep customers from destroying product in the store before purchase.

I mean, you are obviously going to continue to disagree no matter what I say, and that is fair. You might have a personal experience which is a statistical outlier.

Yes, this is a common occurrence in various large scale retailers, not just diapers, but underwear, food, healthcare products, toothbrushes, dvds, cds, the list goes on.

Really, what it is, and I know i'm going to be painted as a racist for saying this, but it comes from a long time of personal experience watching it happen over and over. Its Asian/indian people, especially middle aged/baby boomer Asian/indian people. They open at least 1 or 2 of every package they intend to buy to inspect the products inside. Then they universally toss the opened packages back on the shelf and grab one of the unopened ones. It casues 100,000s of dollars in loss for companies as a lot of the products, especially healthcare ones, if found opened need to be destroyed. Sometimes we can get away with resealing diaper packages, but we really aren't supposed to be doing that.

I aagree with this one and no, it doesn't mean you are a racist :P calling a spade a spade isn't an issue. There are ignorant people who just can think or bother to read anything...packaging included..who do a LOT of damage to property and merch, and it pisses me off.

Thats one of the reasons a lot of places will put the item out on display (usually attached to the shelf unit) so idiot people can "SEE" what the item looks like and they don't have to destroy the bag to look at it. Why they feel they have to do this I have no clue...if it's diapers they are shopping for, why tear open the bag to 'see' it??? are they expecting that there will be a Big Mac inside instead?? or a book on how to train your dog in 2 days or something??? sheesh!

many companies (Walmart and best buy etc) put stuff on display so it can be examined and touched felt tinkered with, with an item number and description, so AVIOD this kind of destruction......but it still happens.

I see the results when I go shopping, and if I see anyone doing it I will report it to management and hopefully get the fool thrown out of the store :P

It's really not necessary, but evidently there are far to many simple minded nimrod Neanderthals out there who feel they need to see 'whats inside..

Its a good thing they don't work at INTEL :P