LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Caffeine Lovers Get In Here!

Hello! First of all i love caffeine ... i like it a LOT. Now recently I've found harder to hold my bladder and when i do go pee i sometimes have leakage long after I'm out of the bathroom. Aside from the cool feeling of "i might need some protection after all" i was wondering if any of you also had that happen to them at some point and did it worsen or go away after a while?

ITT: Caffeine junkies shaking too much to type :lol:

Ok, so that's what I've been hearing too lately so its fine for the caffeine ... Still leaves me with the question of if its something to be concerned about or something totally trivial.

Fyi I'm at work right now, all diapered and comfy :3 woot for diapees!!

Bladder leakage is abnormal. I suppose we can all get 1 or 2 free passes without it necessarily being pathologic - but I would think if it occurs with any frequency, a trip to the urologist, etc may be in order.

i have the same issue...

I drink coffee by the gallon (literally LOL), and it seems that after the 3rd or 4th XL coffee in the morning its almost coming out like a waterfall, their is no off or on, just constant LOL

I did mention it to the doc one day, as its obviously a real PITA if your not wearing a diaper all day!, the first words out of his mouth before i even mentioned coffee was "how much coffee do you drink?". His thoughts were the coffe was the issue

Luckily, i do wear a diaper most days so its not much of an issue. just some days it becomes a real PITA when your running to the pisser every 2min (and even wetting your pants a bit if your not careful!)

I seriously need to cut back on the coffee, doc says the same thing too...

I drink alot of soda, Dr. Pepper to be exact. I also drink alot of water as well. As a result, I have to use the bathroom quite frequently. I do have issues with "dribbling" and I suppose I could just use the Depend Guards but what fun would that be? I brought this up with my doctor wondering if I might have some sort of incontinence but nothing came back from the "test". It never hurts to have full protection just in case I have a larger than normal accident.

• Like 1

I drink alot of soda, Dr. Pepper to be exact. I also drink alot of water as well. As a result, I have to use the bathroom quite frequently.

Mt. Dew;sprite; etc. & water= going alot for me....some dribble off & on for me...:blush: ...when it comes up I cut down my coffee & sodas

Soda, coffee and tea are all considered diuretics and as such especially taken in large quantities will have the effect of going often.

I'm assuming your caffeine is coming mainly from coffee.

If you REALLY like coffee (and I do), you better diaper up cause your gonna be wet.

Any significant increase in fluid intake could conceivably exacerbate minor leakage to the point it becomes noticeable. Caffeine does two things. One, it is a diuretic. It will cause you to produce a lot of urine when consumed in large quantities. Two, it irritates the bladder lining and the kidneys. In theory, with someone who already has some urgency issues, this can cause a few drips. I notice more leakage when I have coffee versus when I don't, though I still have a few drips even when I don't. I love coffee, but it doesn't love me back so coffee and I don't see much of each other lol. If you have a bladder infection, caffeine can make the irritation from it much worse and could easily cause leakage and possibly up to a moderate accident, though you would probably feel a burning in the urethra at that point when urinating.

In short, it is possible, though not particularly likely without a prior issue present.

Any significant increase in fluid intake could conceivably exacerbate minor leakage to the point it becomes noticeable. Caffeine does two things. One, it is a diuretic. It will cause you to produce a lot of urine when consumed in large quantities. Two, it irritates the bladder lining and the kidneys. In theory, with someone who already has some urgency issues, this can cause a few drips....

....If you have a bladder infection, caffeine can make the irritation from it much worse....

True and true :Crylol: Yet everyone is different so these truths are variable in intensity. I drink strong coffee in massive quantities sometimes, abd it has absolutely no effect on me B) But my "morning joe" is needed to signal my bowels to move :blush: The rest of the time I drink iced tea, also sometimes in massive quantity :rolleyes: No effect on my urination ever occurs until I drink a lot of water- then the floods begin ;) Part of it is what your body is used to- this has been my regimen for a decade+ :) At your tender age you should not have any bladder issues, and this may be something significant, especially if it's new and you've not changed anything about how you live. My own leakage is on the verge of life-long* so nothing has changed enough here for me to worry. I'm fine wearing diapers; in fact I :wub: wearing them so to me it doesn't matter. Maybe that approach will work for you so long as you confirm there's nothing physically wrong with you- diapers aren't fun or happy when you're dead :o

So get a thorough going-over until youy're certain that your health is safe and wear diapers as long as you want to even if the physical need is cured :angel_not:

*Though I had bladder control in the middle of my life it was tenuous at best and as I age all my muscles are getting weaker, so I'm not concerned about leaking again until there are other signs that I've got problems. I pay attention to my body and you should too- it's not going to last forever and you have to put up with it till you're gone so take care of it!

Bettypooh

Thx for all the info guys and gals :D

To bring precision to my situation, I drink espresso based drinks and a few cups of coffee a day. I never had any problem until recently where like I said I had leakage to the point that it was running down my leg D:! As of today it hasn't happened again so I think I'm ok for now ... maybe it has to do with the fact that I don't urinate often enough since in my line of work I can't easily go to the bathroom as often as I would need.

If I wear diapers its not a problem but if it happens again I might go talk to my doc.

Thx for all the info guys and gals :D

To bring precision to my situation, I drink espresso based drinks and a few cups of coffee a day. I never had any problem until recently where like I said I had leakage to the point that it was running down my leg D:! As of today it hasn't happened again so I think I'm ok for now ... maybe it has to do with the fact that I don't urinate often enough since in my line of work I can't easily go to the bathroom as often as I would need.

If I wear diapers its not a problem but if it happens again I might go talk to my doc.

You should definitely check with a doc. A urinary tract infection can cause spontaneous leakage like that, and in a few cases there isn't a burning sensation with it. If that is the case, a week of antibiotics clears it right up. Good luck to you. My leaking is from nerve and pelvic floor damage during an emergency c-section (a large stuck baby). I've had inco issues since then... I was 19 at the time. Through doing kegels, I've gotten it from needing the heaviest pull on underwear in the daytime to finally nothing, but recently, following a UTI I have had to return to using poise liners. The infection is gone but the irritation persists. My mother says it will probably stay like that, coming and going, until menopause, then get worse. Yay for heredity, not! lol. There is surgery and pills that can help me when it worsens later, but I'm fine with pads so why put my body through that? I'm so sensitive to medicine the side effects would probably be worse than the peeing anyway!

You should definitely check with a doc. A urinary tract infection can cause spontaneous leakage like that, and in a few cases there isn't a burning sensation with it. If that is the case, a week of antibiotics clears it right up. Good luck to you. My leaking is from nerve and pelvic floor damage during an emergency c-section (a large stuck baby). I've had inco issues since then... I was 19 at the time. Through doing kegels, I've gotten it from needing the heaviest pull on underwear in the daytime to finally nothing, but recently, following a UTI I have had to return to using poise liners. The infection is gone but the irritation persists. My mother says it will probably stay like that, coming and going, until menopause, then get worse. Yay for heredity, not! lol. There is surgery and pills that can help me when it worsens later, but I'm fine with pads so why put my body through that? I'm so sensitive to medicine the side effects would probably be worse than the peeing anyway!

I'll totally do that O:, although it would be my first time having a UTI (maybe thats why i was a little worried since i rarely get sick).

I'm sorry to hear about your situation ): but on the bright side with hard work (kegel exercise) you regained somewhat control of your bladder! Now that's determination, i tip my fancy hat to ya! Hopefully it won't get worse and like you said, surgery is never a great option when your ok with the alternative.

:smiley-baby-boy:

Unfortunately, I can't afford to feed my caffeine habit... I like very strong coffee (with only sugar added). I also tend to go through pop a bit faster than most people. But 99% of the time, I'm stuck with drinking water.

Hello! First of all i love caffeine ... i like it a LOT. Now recently I've found harder to hold my bladder and when i do go pee i sometimes have leakage long after I'm out of the bathroom. Aside from the cool feeling of "i might need some protection after all" i was wondering if any of you also had that happen to them at some point and did it worsen or go away after a while?

ITT: Caffeine junkies shaking too much to type :lol:

Caffeine is a diuretic, though a mild one, however coffee is a strong one. This can make the need to go seem more urgent because your bladder is filling faster than your body is use to, but it won't be any serious issue unless you don't drink enough water with it. ;) Leakage after urinating for men is actually very common, more than most think because it's usually very little still in the urethra, however if you have a lot after then you may not be emptying enough from your bladder. The bladder holds some urine in it even when "empty" so you may just be imitating your desires. Have yourself checked out if there is any pain, but if you want to need diapers then it is possible you may be making yourself psychologically dependent on them ... if you don't mind then don't worry too much about it. The one thing to have checked is you prostate, if you find the need to go even when not drinking a diuretic you should get that checked ASAP, but if it's only when consuming a diuretic or bladder "annoyance" (some juices) then likely it's nothing to worry about unless you want to stop.

Unless you have increased your liquid/coffee intake and never had a problem before certainly have it checked out if it happens again.

I have had it happen a couple times where I wet the front my pants enough to see it. The incidents were far apart though, probably 3 times in several years. But my bladder was also bursting.

All my liquid intake is pretty much Diet Caffeinated Soda and depending on the day I only have to go every 4-8 hours. But I would say you need to go with what is normal for you, if you suddenly are having to go every hour instead of 2-4 hours certainly have it checked out, something is causing the change and unless you are suddenly drinking much more liquid something happened to your body to cause you to frequently need to go.

Unfortunately, I can't afford to feed my caffeine habit... I like very strong coffee (with only sugar added). I also tend to go through pop a bit faster than most people. But 99% of the time, I'm stuck with drinking water.

Off topic but here goes :rolleyes: I'm poor too, but I've been worse off than now. I learned some tricks to stretch the coffee out ;) An old-fashioned percolater gets the most flavor from the least coffee. Sometimes you can get one cheap at yard sales- just be sure it's all there and works :D I use a drip-style coffeemaker (Mr Coffee type). Measure the coffee carefully and use less and less till you reach your bottom line strength. Use paper filters, not the yuppified screens- paper slows the water flow down so you get more flavor from less coffee :angel_not: Don't toss it out when you're done; leave it in place :huh: Next batch add 1/2 to 2/3 of what you normally measure to what you have saved. Count the batches and keep doing that till it's so full that grounds get in your coffee- now you know when to stop adding :biker_h4h: Use the cheapest coffee you can find- it's usually the strongest too so you'll use less. If the flavor is more than you can stand, blend the first batch 50/50 with something decent tasting, then 25% or less for each batch you "top it off" with :rolleyes: If you see that you are going to run out of coffee, save the last scoop and just brew a pot as-is; then take the filter holder out, set it on your cup, add 1/4 of what's left and pour one cup of coffee into the filter letting it drip in your cup. Add more coffee only as you must for each additional cup :)

No, it's not going to be the best coffee in the world but it will be coffee and your money will get you four times as much coffee than you normally get. Alter the formula to suit yourself. I can afford coffee now, but I still brew a second pot by adding more coffee like this and it tastes the same. I use the savings to buy better coffee :thumbsup: When you're really poor you learn how to get by on about as much money as the average American wastes simply because you have to. My sister taught our family tons of money-saving tricks she learned as she raised two kids alone on nearly minimum wage jobs :wub: Never did her kids need anything they didn't get; never hungry, cold, or poorly clothed. Just look at waste as the ultimate sin and eliminate it, then your money will go twice as far. Reduce, re-use, and recycle- it really works!

Bettypooh

• Like 1

Off topic but here goes :rolleyes: I'm poor too, but I've been worse off than now. I learned some tricks to stretch the coffee out ;) An old-fashioned percolater gets the most flavor from the least coffee. Sometimes you can get one cheap at yard sales- just be sure it's all there and works :D I use a drip-style coffeemaker (Mr Coffee type). Measure the coffee carefully and use less and less till you reach your bottom line strength. Use paper filters, not the yuppified screens- paper slows the water flow down so you get more flavor from less coffee :angel_not: Don't toss it out when you're done; leave it in place :huh: Next batch add 1/2 to 2/3 of what you normally measure to what you have saved. Count the batches and keep doing that till it's so full that grounds get in your coffee- now you know when to stop adding :biker_h4h: Use the cheapest coffee you can find- it's usually the strongest too so you'll use less. If the flavor is more than you can stand, blend the first batch 50/50 with something decent tasting, then 25% or less for each batch you "top it off" with :rolleyes: If you see that you are going to run out of coffee, save the last scoop and just brew a pot as-is; then take the filter holder out, set it on your cup, add 1/4 of what's left and pour one cup of coffee into the filter letting it drip in your cup. Add more coffee only as you must for each additional cup :)

No, it's not going to be the best coffee in the world but it will be coffee and your money will get you four times as much coffee than you normally get. Alter the formula to suit yourself. I can afford coffee now, but I still brew a second pot by adding more coffee like this and it tastes the same. I use the savings to buy better coffee :thumbsup: When you're really poor you learn how to get by on about as much money as the average American wastes simply because you have to. My sister taught our family tons of money-saving tricks she learned as she raised two kids alone on nearly minimum wage jobs :wub: Never did her kids need anything they didn't get; never hungry, cold, or poorly clothed. Just look at waste as the ultimate sin and eliminate it, then your money will go twice as far. Reduce, re-use, and recycle- it really works!

Bettypooh

Great advice! I hope you helped a few caffeine loving ab/dl's out there :DB)

UPDATE: It hasn't happened again, but i do find myself being scared at times (not a lot just a feeling) of leaking too much. Of course this might be all psychological like KittenAB stated. Whatever the reason i find myself feeling a bit more secured in some kind of protection at least.