LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Gal Can Learn New Tricks!

bulky1

Hi there,

Just thought I'd swing by and introduce myself. I'm a 38 year old female from Australia and have just discovered an interest in wearing adult nappies. I've been reading this forum for a few days now and decided to bite the bullet and go buy some nappies yesterday. I bought at my local (large) supermarket at the self check out, and got some depends pull up's (only nappy type thing they had) and some poise super pads. I'm currently wearing one of the pull ups with 2 x poise pads inside and have been slowly letting go bits of urine. How liberating!

But a little wet! I'm wondering, what is the best type of true nappy that would enable be to leak urine all day?

Thanks!

Looks like I can get those brands, but only on mail order here which is a bit tricky as I can't have stuff delivered.

I've heard of people stuffing nappies with baby nappies. How effective is this? I really like the feeling of a lot of bulk between my legs.

It's only effective if you do it right. :whistling: BTW welcome to the site. I also don't know what brands are available to you but try the meeting place section here and see if any locals (to you) are available and PM them to ask what and where they get theirs! Also use the search and try "Australia" to see what comes up. :thumbsup:

Looks like I can get those brands, but only on mail order here which is a bit tricky as I can't have stuff delivered.

I'd wager that Australia is not dissimilar to the US, Europe and most of rest of the western world in that if you want the good stuff, then by far the easiest way is mail order. Investigate with the package delivery companies in your area and find out if they offer a customer pick-up service where they hold the package at the local delivery depot/post office/etc and you pick the box up yourself. Alternatively, look at PO Boxes.

The other possibility is contacting local medical supply stores. Normally they advertise themselves as being suppliers of disability living aids, walkers, wheelchairs, toilet rails, that kind of stuff. Ask if they can order them in for you to collect at the store. Obviously this would be somewhat more expensive because you're paying a middle-man and somewhat more awkward because there's another person involved in the transaction. Failing that, try the same with some chemists/pharmacies.

It's absolutely worth the effort to get something better than crappy consumer pull-ups - they utterly incomparable with the quality of a proper adult diaper.

Hi Bulky,

Firstly, let me add my "Welcome" to the others here. You are getting absolutely first rate advise on your question. Molicare & Abena ARE the best!

There are a few medical supply houses here in the states that ship in "Discreet Mode". That means that they take a box and turn it inside out so that it is a plain jane box and then put the merchandise in. They do it upon request and there is no charge for this. Just ask. On the web, I believe one is XP Medical and the other is KCK medical.

Does this help at all?

Love your Koala's & Roos down there.

Cheers!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Well I went ahead and ordered some online - now I just have to think up an excuse for what they are (without showing them, of course). I'm pregnant, so I guess I can get away with saying they are pads and special underwear for after the birth.

Gooday Bulky1!

Not my usual greeting to newbies, but there aren't many auzzies here (yet). For customizable bulk a great option is cloth. With a little one coming, you could take up sewing nappies for them and then developing a couple for yourself. Of course, cloth usually gets so bulky that it's to indescrete for outside the house.

You can stuff baby diapers in adult disposibles in a couple of ways. One is to trim the elastic away until you just have a rectangular pad. Then you cut slits, just through the waterproof barrier, on the back so that when the pad is full, urine will transfer to the diaper. The other way is to make a little opening in the top of the back of the adult diaper and stuff the trimmed baby diaper between the adult diaper's waterproof barrier and it's asorbant core. The first method allows you to change out the baby diaper and thus extend how long you can stay in the adult diaper.

There's all kinds of ways to protect your clothes, furniture and bed with diapers. It just takes a waterproof layer, an asborant layer and an optional "stay dry" layer. Please do keep us in the community informed of what you decide do down under. I've been to Oz before and would love ideas about how to visit again and get diapers while there.

Aloha,

Honu