LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Depend's Brand

Can someone who has bought the Depends in the new packaging tell me what the diaper looks like? What color is the waistband, green or white? And the wetness indicator, is it made up of dots or lines?

The reason I ask is that I have stayed away from Depends for a long time because the sucked. But, I just recently had the opportunity to buy four bags for $10, so I went for it just to see if they had changed. They had the packaging that was used just before the latest change (these are a green bag with a brown stripe across it). I thought all four bags were identical until I opened two of them to put them away. The diapers in each bag were slightly different. One has white waistbands and the other is green. And, one had the wetness indicator made of dots and the other is lines. I tried one of each and the one with the white waistband and wetness indicator made of lines sucked just as bad as I remembered. BUT, the one with a green waistband and wetness indicator made of dots was actually a very comfortable diaper and it held up well after being worn for awhile. I would actually like to have more of them when I run out. After looking at the packaging again I noticed that they are slightly different. The crappy ones have three photos in the upper left hand corner of the package and the good ones have only one photo there. I don't know which were produced first, so I don't know which would have been moved to the new packaging.

So, that is the story behind my question... do the diapers in the new packaging have green or white waistbands?

Can someone who has bought the Depends in the new packaging tell me what the diaper looks like? What color is the waistband, green or white? And the wetness indicator, is it made up of dots or lines?

The reason I ask is that I have stayed away from Depends for a long time because the sucked. But, I just recently had the opportunity to buy four bags for $10, so I went for it just to see if they had changed. They had the packaging that was used just before the latest change (these are a green bag with a brown stripe across it). I thought all four bags were identical until I opened two of them to put them away. The diapers in each bag were slightly different. One has white waistbands and the other is green. And, one had the wetness indicator made of dots and the other is lines. I tried one of each and the one with the white waistband and wetness indicator made of lines sucked just as bad as I remembered. BUT, the one with a green waistband and wetness indicator made of dots was actually a very comfortable diaper and it held up well after being worn for awhile. I would actually like to have more of them when I run out. After looking at the packaging again I noticed that they are slightly different. The crappy ones have three photos in the upper left hand corner of the package and the good ones have only one photo there. I don't know which were produced first, so I don't know which would have been moved to the new packaging.

So, that is the story behind my question... do the diapers in the new packaging have green or white waistbands?

I can tell you everything you need to know about the depends they are a horrible diaper they are extremely thin the wetness indicator's is blue dots or broken lines however you look at it.The waistband is green front and back.And the tape don't hold very good they keep popping off.If they made the diaper a little thicker with much more SAP better holding tapes it would be a great diaper.. Depends are about as thick as secure plus. So you would be better off getting secure plus because the tapes hold 1000 times better than depends. If depends where thicker and had better tapes it would be an awesome diaper but as the years go on the diaper goes down and down in quality. You'd be better off thinking about getting Bambino with Bambino you would have a nice thick diaper with tapes that hold incredibly good a waistband front and back and to top it all off you could have baby prints..

• Like 1

I can tell you everything you need to know about the depends they are a horrible diaper they are extremely thin the wetness indicator's is blue dots or broken lines however you look at it.The waistband is green front and back.And the tape don't hold very good they keep popping off.If they made the diaper a little thicker with much more SAP better holding tapes it would be a great diaper.. Depends are about as thick as secure plus. So you would be better off getting secure plus because the tapes hold 1000 times better than depends. If depends where thicker and had better tapes it would be an awesome diaper but as the years go on the diaper goes down and down in quality. You'd be better off thinking about getting Bambino with Bambino you would have a nice thick diaper with tapes that hold incredibly good a waistband front and back and to top it all off you could have baby prints..

Thanks for the information. I agree that Depends are a low quality diaper. I have other diapers that I wear on a regular basis (Attends and Secure X-Plus), but it is nice to have a decent diaper that I can get at a local store when needed. I am actually impressed with the Depends with the green waistband, they are so much better than the other ones. I'm probably going to donate the two bags with white waistbands to Goodwill as they are useless. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Thanks for the information. I agree that Depends are a low quality diaper. I have other diapers that I wear on a regular basis (Attends and Secure X-Plus), but it is nice to have a decent diaper that I can get at a local store when needed. I am actually impressed with the Depends with the green waistband, they are so much better than the other ones. I'm probably going to donate the two bags with white waistbands to Goodwill as they are useless. Thanks again!

keep in mind when I refer to the depends it only applies to the maximum protection.The pull ups for men and women are great lots of SAP the best adult pull ups I've ever seen the only thing that they could use that they are lacking is stand up leak guards.. they perform quite well without them but it would be nice to see them added to the pull up..

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

You've got to be kidding me right? Anyone who thinks any Depends product is half decent either hasn't tried any other good brands (ie. molicare, abena, bambino), or they like a diaper that leaks a lot, falls apart easily, and won't hold much either. :screwy: When I first became incontinent in 96 I used Depends because of their availability. Eventually I had to switch because they absorbed so little and were prone to leaking (and yes those were the overnight protection ones too). Additionally they don't absorb sweat at all and gave me a rash for over a year that was so bad not even oxystat was able to cure it! :badmood: I had switched to Attends 10 with waistband (instant cure of rash) but Paper Pak's yearly design cut backs have now made those on par with Depends. :angry2: Abena X-pluses are now my choice with Molicare a close second since those tend to sag more when they are wet.

• Like 1

You've got to be kidding me right? Anyone who thinks any Depends product is half decent either hasn't tried any other good brands (ie. molicare, abena, bambino), or they like a diaper that leaks a lot, falls apart easily, and won't hold much either. :screwy: When I first became incontinent in 96 I used Depends because of their availability. Eventually I had to switch because they absorbed so little and were prone to leaking (and yes those were the overnight protection ones too). Additionally they don't absorb sweat at all and gave me a rash for over a year that was so bad not even oxystat was able to cure it! :badmood: I had switched to Attends 10 with waistband (instant cure of rash) but Paper Pak's yearly design cut backs have now made those on par with Depends. :angry2: Abena X-pluses are now my choice with Molicare a close second since those tend to sag more when they are wet.

apparently you haven't tried the new depend pull ups.they were redesigned last year and they work great lots of SAP..And yes I have tried bambino.Apparently you can't see too well in my picture on every post I make has me in a bambino diaper!!!!.So yes,I do know what its like to wear premium diapers..and I would consider depend pull ups to be a premium pull up..now all other depend products are complete trash!!!As I stated in my other post that you were referring to.the only product that is any good from depend is the sex gender pull ups.. now if depend would put as much SAP in their maximum protection diaper as they do in there pull ups and made the tapes more stickier they would be considered a premium diaper!!! So your reply to my post would lead me to believe either you can't read too well or you can't see too good..

• Like 2

apparently you haven't tried the new depend pull ups.they were redesigned last year and they work great lots of SAP..And yes I have tried bambino.Apparently you can't see too well in my picture on every post I make has me in a bambino diaper!!!!.So yes,I do know what its like to wear premium diapers..and I would consider depend pull ups to be a premium pull up..now all other depend products are complete trash!!!As I stated in my other post that you were referring to.the only product that is any good from depend is the sex gender pull ups.. now if depend would put as much SAP in their maximum protection diaper as they do in there pull ups and made the tapes more stickier they would be considered a premium diaper!!! So your reply to my post would lead me to believe either you can't read too well or you can't see too good..

Do you know how big that picture is? Telling a brand of nappy from that size is just silly.

Can any of the oldtimers here (heh, I'm one also so I can say dat) help another old time ABDL with a 'availability' question? I am just looking for a simple answer (this is the case or this is not the case) please, based on what you've noticed out there. Careful, I eat trolls for a living.

I have "not" been able to find the Depends Maximum Protection Overnight Diaper (Green bag with purple) anywhere is the past three weeks. They seem to have been taken off all the shelves. I'm really worried, since they were so easy to get, just run in to the Walmart or CVS or Drug Fair. Same thing seems to go for the Depend Boost also. I'm so frustrated! Thanks

Can any of the oldtimers here (heh, I'm one also so I can say dat) help another old time ABDL with a 'availability' question? I am just looking for a simple answer (this is the case or this is not the case) please, based on what you've noticed out there. Careful, I eat trolls for a living.

I have "not" been able to find the Depends Maximum Protection Overnight Diaper (Green bag with purple) anywhere is the past three weeks. They seem to have been taken off all the shelves. I'm really worried, since they were so easy to get, just run in to the Walmart or CVS or Drug Fair. Same thing seems to go for the Depend Boost also. I'm so frustrated! Thanks

they did away with the green bag with purple, now they have a green back with orange where the purple was. same diapers though.

for a while a month or two ago i had trouble finding them. however, i was at walgreens earlier in the week and they had plenty, in s/m and large.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the Depends when they were green. Now, they've become more politically correct ("Underwear for Men") so their designs are more slim. I'm a big wetter so I'm not secure with the idea that they are so slim. That leads me to wonder if they're even that absorbent.

I like the Depends when they were green. Now, they've become more politically correct ("Underwear for Men") so their designs are more slim. I'm a big wetter so I'm not secure with the idea that they are so slim. That leads me to wonder if they're even that absorbent.

are you using the pull up style, or the tape on style?

This is for Collegeguy, Thanks for your post in response to my query. Duh, I can't believe they changed the color of the Maximum overnight from purple to orange AND I DIDN'T EVEN SEE IT COMING. And I like to think I'm on top of all that advertising and website stuff. I totally missed it. Damn! Thanks to Collegeguy I'm back in my favorite off-the-shelf diapers for daytime work use.

Aside from this, I just got my free sample (twin pack) of Depend Men's Underware in the mail. See the website for yours! So far it does hold enough for work if you don't pee all eight hours that is. Also, like most adult pullups you still can't poop in it - no internal standing cuffs. But, its the best Adult Pullup I'm found yet, sorry Abena, too expensive and too baggy and I'm a size 32, 155 lbs. I think I can use this in my arsenal for going diaper dependant 24/7 all week long.I'll just have to poop in either the Maximum Depends or, better yet, my Bambinos.

This is for Collegeguy, Thanks for your post in response to my query. Duh, I can't believe they changed the color of the Maximum overnight from purple to orange AND I DIDN'T EVEN SEE IT COMING. And I like to think I'm on top of all that advertising and website stuff. I totally missed it. Damn! Thanks to Collegeguy I'm back in my favorite off-the-shelf diapers for daytime work use.

Aside from this, I just got my free sample (twin pack) of Depend Men's Underware in the mail. See the website for yours! So far it does hold enough for work if you don't pee all eight hours that is. Also, like most adult pullups you still can't poop in it - no internal standing cuffs. But, its the best Adult Pullup I'm found yet, sorry Abena, too expensive and too baggy and I'm a size 32, 155 lbs. I think I can use this in my arsenal for going diaper dependant 24/7 all week long.I'll just have to poop in either the Maximum Depends or, better yet, my Bambinos.

you're quite welcome. i had to look twice when they changed the package too.

i recently tried some of the older style depends pull ups. i like them, although they dont quite have that diaper-ish feeling to them. gonna try the new ones once i use up all of these.

ever try doubling up with diapers and pull ups? the other day i put on a maximum, and then one of the pull ups over it. i normally wear boxers briefs to hold up the diaper, but this worked perfectly! and if i had cut a slit into the diaper, i would've had a few more wettings.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh to me Depends have always sucked balls. I have hated Depends for YEARS, they never fit a guy of my height, as I stand over six feet- that well and their larges leak as soon as you make a second soaking. NOT worth it to me. I prefer to spend my money on Abenas, cause I trust the brand and they always work well for me. I trust Abenas better than I do Depends. Depends- not so Goddamned dependable.

I have hated Depends for YEARS. I have always had bad experiences with Depends.

BabyChris121675

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

For the last couple months, I've been using Tena for Men as a means to deal with occasional dribbles (the stick-on pad variety of protection are too much of a fuss). Recently, I picked up a pack Depends for Men, just to try it and see if I could be picking up cheaper protection (as I don't need much of anything in terms of capacity, just pretty much a waterproof backing). The end result? I wasted my money. I tried a pair on and shortly thereafter switched back to another Tena (I'm glad I bought a pack of those at the same time!). Said simply, the Depends were scratchy and chafed at parts of the underleg region that really do not need to be chafed. It wasn't noticeable when sitting, but any kind of movement, like walking, resulted in scratchy horridness. Gyargh!

I'll be sticking with the Tena for Men.

• 2 weeks later...

As one of the old farts here who has been wearing Depend diapers since they were green with elastic waistbands, I would add that their availability and the fact that they are on sale at least half the time makes them attractive to me. I always use a soaker--Luvs size 6-- and still the cost when on sale comes to about $.75 for the Medium disposable and soaker. This is very attractive to this full timer. BTW, I was on the website recently and noted the official name of the disposable is Depend not Depends. Not that many care.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Unconstruct

with Depends, I do like them for just every day and stuff, but not special occasions. They could be perfect if they would bring the padding all the way up into the back waistband, and just use two tapes that are a little wider.

The good points is that I love the green leg cuffs and waistband...The plastic is very soft and babyish two and the whole thing is closely cut and shaped like a baby diaper. Only if they had more padding and a bit longer, two tapes and didn't fit so tight.

They look like a baby diaper off, but put it on and they feel and look like regular underwear.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

its been a year or so since I wore anything other than bambino and ABU diapers. I was wondering if anybody could give me any insight on the Absorbency did they increase or decrease or did it remained the same on the Depend diapers(Maximum Protection) Also how are the tapes do they still keep popping off? I do wear there pull ups from time to time and I found that they are very good.. I am thinking about trying the Maximum Protection but would like some info first to see if they are any better then a year or so ago..