LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Halloween Costume

Halloween Costume… I am going to do a different take on the New Year Baby. Going to go, as “It has been a Bad Year Baby.” Still wear the top hat and sash with diaper but add a coat of tails from a tux. Give baby a black eye and a few cuts and stuff and attach different pictures/stories of bad things that happened through out the year to the coat and hat.

If you have links, pictures, or ideas for the things to print out or other injuries drop me a line or post them.

Thanks

Guest Saturnine

I think this is a bad idea and here is why: you would be going as a baby who was physically abused. There's no real good way to put a spin on child abuse and make it funny. Personally I see this as a bad idea.

A better idea would just be the New Years baby except instead of being bad, maybe it was a GOOD year? Like, it would give you reason to dress up as a super pampered little baby and not it be weird.

I just think the whole "beaat up baby/black eyes/physical injury" is a bad idea through and through. Seems tough to sell child abuse through comedy. But if you succeed man I wanna hear about it! Seriously!

• Like 2

I think this is a bad idea and here is why: you would be going as a baby who was physically abused. There's no real good way to put a spin on child abuse and make it funny. Personally I see this as a bad idea.

A better idea would just be the New Years baby except instead of being bad, maybe it was a GOOD year? Like, it would give you reason to dress up as a super pampered little baby and not it be weird.

I just think the whole "beaat up baby/black eyes/physical injury" is a bad idea through and through. Seems tough to sell child abuse through comedy. But if you succeed man I wanna hear about it! Seriously!

Give the man a break... its a freakin Halloween costume. He is not wearing this to your mamas house and there is nothing weird about having a bad year. I think its a great idea and more people should think Halloween in August.

• Like 1
Guest Saturnine

No harm intended. I just don't think having pictures of abuse and stuff is not the BEST idea. When it comes down to it the costume would represent child abuse. I think I have some personal dislike of that, I grew up a little with abuse.

It's a nice idea, minus the abuse part.

What's wrong with a GOOD year?

No harm intended. I just don't think having pictures of abuse and stuff is not the BEST idea. When it comes down to it the costume would represent child abuse. I think I have some personal dislike of that, I grew up a little with abuse.

It's a nice idea, minus the abuse part.

What's wrong with a GOOD year?

There is nothing wrong with a good year. This year has been better than the last and the last year was perfect. Sorry you were abused... thats awful, Halloween is a very unsentimental time to be sensitive.

So... by bad year, why not having pictures of like forclosed houses, and war and such.. make a fun, but political outfit..

but problem.. see the new years baby is to signify the year to come... old man new year signifies the past year, so to go as a bad new years baby means you are anticipating a bad year.. so could coime up with all sorts of worst case scenarios that could happen to you, like loss of job, identity theft etc...

i mean seriously, the baby is a symbol for a period of time... chill out with the whole 'abused' baby thing.... sides some of us here like to role play as 'babies' who are spanked and punished and tied up....

• Like 1

I think it's a good idea! Something different on the "New Years Baby" take. Instead of going as an actual "baby" new year, you might want to go as an "adult" new year, like the baby new year who has been through 10 months so far and has grown to an adult by this time. You could still wear a ragged top hat, tux and sash with "2010" on it but go looking like you've been mugged and beat up! As far as things to put on your beat up and ragged tux, I would suggest just a few headlines about the unemployment rate, economy, housing forclosurers and things like that. Maybe no more than 5 headlines scattered about the tux jacket. Thats enough to get the point across without going overboard. Here's an idea for a good topper to the theam! Wear the outfit, the hat, sash, beat up tux and go as an obvious grown up baby new year and wear the diaper. Make the diaper super thick, bulky and obvious for everyone to see, and on the back of the diaper write, "SHIT HAPPENS!" Only if you are going to be at an adult halloween party though! I wouldn't expect or suggest you to go roaming the streets or house to house with "SHIT HAPPENS" on your diaper!

Thanks for some of the ideas. I think that you kind have the idea of what I am shooting for there, Rusty. I like the idea of kind of keeping it simple with only about 5 or so headlines. I know that I will be going to at least two different bars that night for parties with a couple of friends so seeing I will be in public I don’t think that I will go with writing on the diaper, plus the tux coat would cover mostly anyway. I am trying to talk my friend into dressing as a worn out Father Time and go as a group, maybe talk his wife into Mother Nature. So far they haven’t agreed.

Guest Saturnine

There are other things to go as diapered: cupid, an adult baby....I think this whole abused baby is way too complicated as well. Headlines of failure mixed with pics of physical abuse and stuff is just wayyyy to complictaed for a halloween costume. You may end up spending the holiday explaining what you are even going as. Don't overcomplicate something that's supposed to be simple. Go as cupid, or just wear a diaper alone. This all sounds super complicated and no one will get it. And like I said I have aversion to anything abuse related. Be careful who you are around because I'm not the only person who suffered child abuse. You may offend people unwillingly, and there's no way to back out of a child abuse confrontation.

Like I said too complicated. Moo cows and cupids...ghosts. Ghosts can be diapered as well. Just beecase they scare people doesn't mean they dont' get scared too....

...I think this whole abused baby is way too complicated as well. Headlines of failure mixed with pics of physical abuse and stuff is just wayyyy to complictaed for a halloween costume.

I understand you have a problem with abused children, I hear you when you say that you were abused as a child. I too was abused as a child, but I don’t have the need to shout it all out over and over. Not only was I abused but in my work I have had to work with abused children and deal with the parents too.

Halloween is about opening up a part of you that no one gets to see. It is a time that you can be a little politically incorrect in your costume and get away with it. All I am saying is lighten up a little, I am sorry you don’t like my choice in costumes but I think if it is done right it can be somewhat humorous. That is of course depending on how many smart people there are out there that get what I am portraying.

Go as Cupid with a bunch of broken arrows and two black eyes. That will get the point across for a rough year.

Not a bad idea… it wouldn’t portray how bad of a year it has been. But it does kind of say how bad of a year it has been for love.

Just be careful... Halloween is really just a kid's holiday... It may be more appropriate to use this "baby bad year" at your next New Year's Eve party, rather than at Halloween. That's really more of an adult-oriented Holiday and would probly net you a more receptive audience. Though, it might also be cool, if you could get some friends and family to help work up a set of "beaten up" holiday characters, if you're intent to do it at Halloween. Dog-Chewed Easter Bunny (maybe with some stuffed dogs still hanging on), Out of Work Santa, Homeless Bum Leprechaun, etc... Really gives more of a "we're downtrodden, here" feel, rather than the more creepy "hey, look at me! I'm a beaten-up baby!" thing. Above all else, don't go around ruining any kids' Halloweens with your political message... They really should be allowed to be happy as long as they can be...

• Like 1

Yes, Halloween is a kid's holiday, but also an adult holliday. I don't think he's planning on taking a trick-or-treat bag door to door with all the 6 and 7 year olds. He's going to go to adult parties and bars that have halloween theams. I've seen many bars giving away prizes for the best or most unique halloween constume, so that part of it is not for kids. Even though kids participate in Halloween, you won't see any 7 year olds sitting at the bar drinking beer!

Also, keep in mind that Baby New Year and Cupid are just symbols for a holliday. They are not ment to be taken as actual children living a normal day to day life. Cupid is an interesting idea for being able to be in diapers for a costume. The problem I see is that Cupid is a symbol for love and romance. It might be better to use the black eye and beat up cupid for a situation where someone has broken up with their girlfriend or boyfriend or is getting a divorce. The point soakediniowa is trying to make with his idea for a costume is a reflection on how bad this year has been with the economy, unemployement and housing forclosures. That idea really dosn't fit for a cupid costume.

Baby New Year is a symble of starting out fresh each year with new hopes and chances in life, time to make resolutions, changes and improvements and would be much more appropriate for his thoughts about this past year. Although I respect everyone, especially those who have been abused and feel going as a bruised up Baby New Year is a reflection on real children who have been abused, I feel that dressing as a Baby New Year that looks like he's been mugged in a dark alley somewhere is not any reflection at all on actual abused children. It is pure symbolisum and satire to reflect on the poor economy and problems of this year by taking a twist on the Baby New Year personification. I can honestly say I feel very confident that anyone who sees someone in such a costume will get the point and satire right away and find the intended humor in the situation and costume without connecting it to actual children who have been abused.

I hope you go for it, soakediniowa. It is a clever idea and I just wish I had thought of the twist on the Baby New Year idea myself. Unfortunatly, I stay home on Halloween now days instead of going out to the bars or else I might consider trying to put such an outfit together myself for Halloween!

Thanks Rusty, that was well put. I had been wondering how I was going to basicly say the same thing without hurting someone's feelings.

That being said yes, I am going out to the local bars with at least two other friends to see if we can get any of the prize money being given out. So I am sure that it will be a fun evening to be had by all.

SoakedinIowa (now just south of Tulsa)

Great idea!!! Yeah, just dress up like a beat up baby and post pictures of bad things that happened to the economy this year such as the job loss, forclosure rate, stocks, etc.

I think a costumes a costume and by saying "It's been a bad year baby" on your costume and with what the costume represents, you'd have to be a fool to think it has anything to do with child abuse. Furthermore, look at AAAALLLLLLLLLLL the inappropriate or racey costumes there are out there. Priests with boners, sexy nuns, devils, murderers, vilians and monsters. It's a costume. Heck, we've probably all watched cartoons and seen a character dressed as a baby or who is a baby get bopped on the head with a black eye and birds swirling around there head. Big deal. I like your idea and it let's you open your ab or dl side a bit which I'd think would be super freeing!

Good luck, show some photos.

• 2 months later...

I didn't get too many photos of my night out. But, I did at least get one good one. And everyone liked this costume and even won 2nd prize. I think that I would have one first but my sister runs the club where the party was held and I think that she wanted to make sure someone else got first prize.

Nice picture! I'm glad you decided to go for it and wish I would have been there to hear some of the comments! I'm sure people got the idea right away of a beat up "baby" new year and the poor economy! Nice diaper, too, if I might add! From your personal collection? DId you have to explain to many people where you got it? I bet you would have had more to explain if you had worn adult sized plastic pants over it! Anyway, once again, great costume and thanks for sharing the follow up with us!

Nice picture! I'm glad you decided to go for it and wish I would have been there to hear some of the comments! I'm sure people got the idea right away of a beat up "baby" new year and the poor economy! Nice diaper, too, if I might add! From your personal collection? DId you have to explain to many people where you got it? I bet you would have had more to explain if you had worn adult sized plastic pants over it! Anyway, once again, great costume and thanks for sharing the follow up with us!

Thanks Rusty, yes a lot of people got the meaning behind the costume right away. It was a hit and yes the diaper was from my own collection not one I had to go find. I wish I could have worn plastic pants with it but I think that would have been pushing it a little. I had planned on being back in Iowa for Halloween and if I had been there I would have worn disposables becuase I had someone there that said that they would change me during the party. But plans changed and I couldn't make it out of the area to Iowa. Maybe next year. But I am glad I got out and had fun.

SoakedinIowa (now in Oklahoma)