LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pull-Ups With Plastic Backing?

Fundle

I think you are out of luck with the pull-ups.

You could wear plastic pants over pull-ups if you want to.

Does anyone make a pull-up diaper with plastic backing like the Abena or Bambino taped diapers have? I love the feel and sound of the plastic backing, as well as the extra security I feel when wearing plastic.

Adult pull-on only were designed after cloth-like outer shells for diapers became practical. Prior to cloth-like shells, old-style poly-plastic shells had not been accepted for toddler pull-ups. Since the same corporations own divisions making baby disposables and separate divisions making adult disposables, they share R&D.

Thanks, everyone, for your answers ... pretty much what I thought. I had read descriptions of a lot of the pull-ups, but couldn't tell from some of them -- they don't say much about the specific materials in many cases. But you answered my question!

You could wear plastic pants over pull-ups if you want to.

Yep, that's what I do now. I love plastic pants, and usually wear them all the time when I'm home and to bed at night. But I've found they don't hold up very well when I wear them to work, plus they're really hot under other clothes in the summer. I often wear Abena's plastic backed diapers and plastic panties to bed at night, but prefer pull-ups during the day because they're cooler, fit me better, and a little more comfortable. I don't leak as much during the day, so pull-ups work in that regard, too.

Adult pull-on only were designed after cloth-like outer shells for diapers became practical. Prior to cloth-like shells, old-style poly-plastic shells had not been accepted for toddler pull-ups. Since the same corporations own divisions making baby disposables and separate divisions making adult disposables, they share R&D.

id love to see a plastic backed pullup but its impossible because pullups are meant to be like REGULAR UNDERWEAR look at pampers Underjams for example for kids they made em so that they have low waste bands so no one but the person wearing thenm knows they are wearing them , this applies for adult pullups as well .....

• Like 1
  • 8 years later...

You can peel off the mesh clothlike over most pull ups...It takes a little time and precision but once that mesh cover is off it is indeed a plastic covered pullup....Drynites are one of them  I tried it with....I think there is actually a You tube video floating around that shows you....