LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Unique Question For This Particular Forum

So yeah i am an AB/DL but at the same time i am a husband and a father. I am asking what are some tips for potty training my son. He is two and holds it very well the issue is actualley getting him to use the potty. I mean he will go i need peepee, I will take him in there, he will sit on his potty for about 5 minutes ( I tend to sit on the big potty next to him). He will not go, then not another 5 minutes after he pees on the floor and laughs. The thought has crossed my mind just to keep him in diapers, but i do not want to inflict that social stigma on him, i want my children to grow up "Normal". If say when he is an adult he wants to wear diapers he can do that. SO yeah any tips would be appreciated, and please no KEEP HIM IN DIAPERS cause there cool or what not.

Children will generally start using the toilet when they are ready to. Infants and Toddlers don't operate on anyone's schedule but their own and you should probably know that by now. I know there is a lot of social pressure to hurry up and get the kids out of diapers as soon as possible... but you only end up rushing and hassling the child with them fighting it the whole way.

Eventually there will come a time when he says "I want to use the big boy potty." Until then, don't stress over it so much... he's only two for crying out loud.

You definitely don't want to keep him in diapers indefinitely, but it does sound like it wouldn't be a bad idea to hold off on potty training for awhile longer. Judging by the reaction he is giving now, I would say wait a few months and try again. You will know when he is ready. And there are plenty of kids that don't get potty trained until they are 3 or 4 years old, and some even later than that. Every kid is different and if you push him to potty train and he isn't ready, you will only be creating a new set of problems.

So yeah i am an AB/DL but at the same time i am a husband and a father. I am asking what are some tips for potty training my son. He is two and holds it very well the issue is actualley getting him to use the potty. I mean he will go i need peepee, I will take him in there, he will sit on his potty for about 5 minutes ( I tend to sit on the big potty next to him). He will not go, then not another 5 minutes after he pees on the floor and laughs. The thought has crossed my mind just to keep him in diapers, but i do not want to inflict that social stigma on him, i want my children to grow up "Normal". If say when he is an adult he wants to wear diapers he can do that. SO yeah any tips would be appreciated, and please no KEEP HIM IN DIAPERS cause there cool or what not.

Honestly, this isn't a matter for anyone else to tell you what to do. ;) Going "cold turkey" though generally doesn't work in training, since diapers are a security blanket as well. If you think he's ready, try finding reasons why he would not want to be in a diaper, such as activities he likes that are just better without them (swimming can be a good one). Careful not to scare him from diapers though either, just help him to see the inconvenience at that age and he may try on his own. Now this is just advice, there are little known facts and no easy ways to handle this stage in a child's development, a good parent will generally have to get to know the child a lot right now to really accomplish anything. Books can offer advice, but again, there is no sure fire formula for success. Just try not to get too angry with him, he is still just a child.

potty training or 'learning' has been a source of contention for centuries. One thing that parents and people in general seem to forget is that children are essentially born into diapers, and it's all they know for the first 2 years of their life. When "potty training" time comes, all hell breaks loose because its a major change in the child's world that they don't really understand. Why should they have to change their underwear and do something different?? whats the big deal?? Mostly potty training is more for the parents convenience than the child's. Kids don't know what it is to have control of their bodies and functions, it's all new and a kind of game...your son laughs when he pees on the floor because its a new experiance and probably a surprise, since he is again, used to having that happen in a diaper where it can't be seen.

I think the key here is just reinforcing the fact that he is much bigger now, and can do many things that he couldn't do before, like feed himself, and dress himself etc...so to 'transition' out of diapers I would switch to cotton training pants that he can pull up and down, aand which will also hold an 'accident' and be uncomfortable when wet and cold, and let him make up his own mind. He can be reminded to use the potty, and also learn the consequences if he doesn't.

Other parents have used the 'puppy dog' approach, and let their child run around undressed in the bathroom, and put paper on the floor to handle any accidents, and make clean up easier. This is to allow the child to recognize and visualize what happens and how that part of their body works etc.

You are introducing a new skill, and a "literally" life changing concept to the child and it will take time to learn. Just reinforce the fact that he is a bigger boy, and can be more independent, and can take care of his needs more himself, if he has an accident, he can change his own pants (with guidance) etc, and be rewarded for doing so with praise etc and get praise and rewards for using the potty. Accidents and set backs can just be ignored or dealt with in a casual way.

What ever you do DO NOT make a big deal out of it, that just leads to power struggles and a source for contention down the road. Yo uhave to remember it';s your childs' body and their underwear / clothing and they can do what they want. If they have an accident (intentional or not) then they have to deal with it. Over all always let them know that no matter what that you love them, and value them as the individuals that they are. A potty accident isn't the end of the world, kids wearing diapers at older ages isn't a crime, and there will always be a tomorrow.

You might even go shopping for new underwear of his choice, super heros or what ever. Then let him choose what underwear he will want to wear when he gets ready to get dressed, be it diapers, trainers or maybe his favorite cartoon / super hero undies, and let him choose and be more empowered with what is happening, he will learn over time what works and what doesn't. Especially when playing with other kids his age who are potty trained, and don't wear or need diapers any more..peer pressure is a great tool as well.

He's just a little kid, he has a life time ahead of him, and this is one very small step in the many many steps he has ahead of him.

Good luck, and most of all...have fun, he's only this age once :)

qwack

honestly, he can stand in front of the potty and pee, maybe sitting is just weird for him because he has seen you stand... next time, try having him "pee like daddy does" and stand in front of his potty to go... sure you are going to have to teach him how to aim, but this is easy, fruit loops in the potty make great targets....