LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Another Bed Wetting Idea

I had an idea in regards to bed wetting. This is something I've wanted to be able to do, as I think a lot of us do. So I ask, could a Pavlovian response to bed wetting work? My thought would be to have the alarm on my phone go off every two to three hours and when it does, I use the bathroom. I will have to keep hydrated. If I continued this for a while, would it be enough to cause bed wetting at night if I heard the alarm go off in my sleep?

This.... is actually a very interesting idea.

I think you should go for it. The only problem I could see is that the alarm on your phone waking you up....

and even if you do sleep through the alarm, that means you're not waking up to stop said alarm and it'll just keep going and going....

Find a way to get a sound that won't wake you, and won't need to be pressed or anything to keep it's schedule than have at it!

"My thought would be to have the alarm on my phone go off every two to three hours and when it does, I use the bathroom."

If you mean the actual bathroom, I imagine this would only condition you to get up and go to the bathroom, not to wet the bed.

But, on the other hand, if you practiced wetting your diaper whenever you heard the alarm, no matter where you were, then after a while that might have the sort of effect you're looking for.

"My thought would be to have the alarm on my phone go off every two to three hours and when it does, I use the bathroom."

If you mean the actual bathroom, I imagine this would only condition you to get up and go to the bathroom, not to wet the bed.

But, on the other hand, if you practiced wetting your diaper whenever you heard the alarm, no matter where you were, then after a while that might have the sort of effect you're looking for.

I've thought about the issue of being woken up by an alarm. The alarm I would use would be more of a subtle ringtone or something like that. I think you might be right about training to go the bathroom. I wonder if the association of alarm to wetting would be strong enough if it wasn't immediate. I think the idea is worth a shot. If this doesn't pan out, other ideas would take just as long and probably longer.

Guest YkDave

that would be funny...

But i will also say, the idea might actually work. but like mentioned above, the 'going to the bathroom' part might make it less effective, i think it would be much more effective if you didnt get out of bed!

I had an idea in regards to bed wetting. This is something I've wanted to be able to do, as I think a lot of us do. So I ask, could a Pavlovian response to bed wetting work? My thought would be to have the alarm on my phone go off every two to three hours and when it does, I use the bathroom. I will have to keep hydrated. If I continued this for a while, would it be enough to cause bed wetting at night if I heard the alarm go off in my sleep?

Pavlov's Classical Conditioning would probably only work when you are awake. Your response to conditioned stimuli is different when you are in sleep mode. You'd probably have to find a different technique to trigger a response when you are not alert or in a condition of awareness.

that is actually a really good idea. not for me, but sounds like it would work. and i do think that the alarm would work. think of it like when your waking up to the alarm in the morning, sometimes its more of a lucid dream and you do hear the alarm in the dream. my alarm is a "they might be giants" song, so ive had dreams where it will just start playing somewhere very out of place getting me really confused, and the confusion is what actually wakes me up. on a side note, when im wearing to bed, i refuse to wet in bed since i dont always wear. im paranoid the action of peeing while falling asleep will be repeated sub-consciously. id say go for it man.

Perhaps the sound of rain could be used as a conditioning trigger. It would have the advantage (or risk) of triggering a wetting session awake or asleep in irregular intervals. Unexpected wettings could be half the fun.

well, i don't really have a whole lot to say right now, but i wanted to give you a few links that also provide a plethora of information about this

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=16713&st=0&p=208847&hl=pavlov&fromsearch=1&#entry208847

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=18692&st=0&p=242634&hl=pavlov&fromsearch=1&#entry242634

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=22775&st=0&p=323530&hl=pavlov&fromsearch=1&#entry323530

these are all topics in various forums here where people discuss the same or very similar situations so if you don't get the responses to this thread, you might wanna check these out. There are more, at the top of the page, there is a place where you can do a search...just type in Pavlov and you get loads of different threads...

Perhaps the sound of rain could be used as a conditioning trigger. It would have the advantage (or risk) of triggering a wetting session awake or asleep in irregular intervals. Unexpected wettings could be half the fun.

Funny you should mention that, Was killing some time in Big Lots today (the front brakes on my truck hung / overheated), and found an alarm clock called "SoundSpa Premire" that plays soothing sounds. "Spring Rain" being one of them.

The others are "Rain Forest", "Ocean", "Waterfall", "Thunder" and "Summer Night"

Other features are: Automatic time set (Atomic time), AM/FM radio, and it also projects the time / temperature on a wall or ceiling.

It was only 20 bucks, so I bought it!

You can set the alarm to play the last sound used, and adjust the volume too!

It'll play the sound for 30 minutes and shut off. (Unless you hit the snooze button, then it comes back on in 9 minutes).

If I can figure out what the optimal time to set the alarm to would be (I'm usually asleep by 8pm, get up at 3am), I could begin by having it wake me up at first (to do the deed :fish_h4h: ) and then gradually reduce the volume over a period of time. (So I'll sleep through it).

I'll still be using my regular alarm clock for my Real world activities though.

Sound like a plan? ^_^