LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tranqulity Atn Question

Just wondering how Tranquility ATN`s compare to Abena and which Abena diaper are they equal to. I know they don`t come close to Abena X-Plus. Not many diapers do. Also wondering if the ATN`s are still plastic backed.

I wear Tranquility ATN's almost exclusively and they compare very well with the Abena diapers in my opinion. The differences are that the Tranquility is not as thick as the Abena and they plastic is much softer on the Tranquility. The Abena's are very stiff in nature and don't conform as well to the body as the Tranquility do. I always wear my Tranquility ATN's with one of their contour boosters and personally I think it holds up as well as the Abena.

The one downside to the Tranquility ATN's is the tapes, which seems to be a recurring problem with a lot of disposable diapers. I use packaging tape to reinforce the tapes on my diapers.. so if you don't mind that, the Tranquility diapers are excellent.. and pretty inexpensive as far as diapers go.

And the Abena that I am comparing it to is the X-Plus since it is the only Abena diaper I have ever even bothered trying.

ATN is not as good as Abena X-Plus. The ATN is much thinner, and holds much less. The Abena will hold well over a liter of urine. The ATN will leak with anything more than .900 liters. If you are a heavy wetter go with something like Secure Personal Care X-Plus. It is plastic backed, has better tapes, and is more discrete than Abena.

ATN is not as good as Abena X-Plus. The ATN is much thinner, and holds much less. The Abena will hold well over a liter of urine. The ATN will leak with anything more than .900 liters. If you are a heavy wetter go with something like Secure Personal Care X-Plus. It is plastic backed, has better tapes, and is more discrete than Abena.

I have some Secure X-Plus`s. While I think they are an excellent diaper I find the tape strip to be quite noisy. When I walk or move it sounds like crinkling clear packing tape which I find annoying. If it wasn`t for that I would be wearing them regularly. I don`t think the Bambino Bianco tape strips would be any more quiet. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. The padding doesn`t fall apart in the Secure`s like it does on the Abena`s. Currently Abena X-Plus is my diaper of choice. How are the Wellness diapers in comparisn to the Abena X-plus? I would try the Dry 24/7`s but I am all set with pink diapers. I may try the Delta Forms though. Thank you all for the feed back.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say I was disappointed with ATN's... they didn't work well for me. Went back to molicare super plus or abena x-plus. Again YMMV.

Yep, they definitely don't compare to the X-Plus (either Secure's or Abena's :P)

They probably compare to an Abena Super (M2) or maybe even Plus (M1). ATNs are good for the price (<$1/diaper) but they're a middle of the road diaper - better than the crap but not even close to the cream.

I really don't like the ATNs. They are cut small, are low-rise, and the tapes always come unstuck. I bought a case of them a while back b/c they were on sale for really cheap. Honestly I'd rather wear Attends.

Tranq ATN's are a great diaper. Hold much more than you think because of the SAP they use. They get very soggy feeling which is cool. I always felt like I could just keep going and going and going even though they feel saturated, it will become even more saturated. The tapes are very similar to molicare and Abena with the two tape per tape design. They most recently came out with a cloth backed diaper in the ATN's I believe. Check them out. Don't really think you're going to be disappointed. You can get samples from their website before you splurge on buying a case.

I have never been a big fan of ATN's either. Although they do swell up nice and hold more than a store brand I have had issues with the tapes. They do not stay stuck for me. I have had this problem on every bag that I have boughten. I have tried them multiple times throught the years and have always been dissapointed. The plastic is smooth and I do like the all white outer shell and peach colored liner, but since the tapes dont stay stuck, I dont keep any on hand, every few months I will try a bag just to see if they are any better but so far no luck.

Although sometimes I wonder if it is my body type that facilitates the tapes not sticking. My larger stomach pushes down right about were the tapes sit and put a lot of pressure on the tapes. I dont have any trouble with diapers that have a tape zone like Secure X Plus, but I ten to have issues with diapers that dont have a tape zone, so I dont know if that is it or not.

About the only thing else I can say about them is that they are widly avaliable at most medical supply stores. In fact it is the only premium diaper that I can buy in my area. But they do run about $20.00 a bag at my local supply store. For $20 I will drive three hours away and get Molicare Super Plus.