LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Internet Explorer Optimized For Blah.Com

What's with all the IE tie-in ads. Amazon, bestbuy, ebay everyone wants me to get their version of internet explorer. I know Microsoft thinks its the bomb, but once a surfer has made the conscious decision to switch to something else (Firefox in my case) we're not coming back just because you put someone's link on the nav bar.

What's with all the IE tie-in ads. Amazon, bestbuy, ebay everyone wants me to get their version of internet explorer. I know Microsoft thinks its the bomb, but once a surfer has made the conscious decision to switch to something else (Firefox in my case) we're not coming back just because you put someone's link on the nav bar.

It's funny - I don't see these ads. I do, however, run Adblock Plus, Flashblock and NoScript on my Firefox, so I tend not to get most advertisements while browsing the net.

A lot of users don't even think about their browser to begin with, let alone know what one they're running. In my past career life as a computer tech, if people lost the 'e' icon on their desktop or launch bar they would think they "lost the internet". So, if some of these people see an icon that says 'optimized for IE8' or 'this website will work better when rendered in IE8' or 'your browser is out of date, we no longer support IE6' they might begin to ask questions and indeed get something better. IE8 is an excellent replacement for IE6 or IE7. In fact, I would almost go as far to say it is a vast improvement over its previous iterations. Google will advertise it's chrome browser on different websites - who is saying Microsoft shouldn't do the same?

That, though, reminds me of the little icons people used to put on their geocities and tripod websites... "Best viewed in Netscape" or "Best when viewed in IE" - any way you looked at most of those sites, they still usually looked like crap.

**AHEEM**... The little fox that's on fire is waiting for you... Mozilla Firefox, the new experience. 8x faster than IE! Use it FOR FREE at www.mozilla.org

**AHEEM**... The little fox that's on fire is waiting for you... Mozilla Firefox, the new experience. 8x faster than IE! Use it FOR FREE at www.mozilla.org

I'm all for Firefox, but speed is not one of it's greatest features - especially when comparing it to other modern browsers. It is adaptable, expandable, stable, OPEN, free, customizable... but (in my experience) it is no faster than IE, especially IE8.

I will agree with others, FireFox isn't any faster than the other browsers I've tried. However I do love the flashblock add-on for it and the ability to block images from certain servers. Makes browsing pages that are full of adds a lot easier.