LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hanging Diaper Outside To Dry

Drying cloth diapers  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hang cloth diapers out to dry?

• Hidden - Like inside the house
    • Hidden - Inside the fenced in area
    • Exposed - A line in the woods but out of sight
    • Exposed - right out there with the regular laundry

It's summer time again!!! I like to hang my diaper out to dry all day and then put then in the dryer for about ten minutes to soften them up. Who else hangs their diapers out to dry in the sun? The sun really makes them white and they smell so great. I'm soaked right now, and leaking a bit, and I still smell great. No ammonia burns or stinky pants!

Guest Wetnmessy247

There is a clothes line in my backyard so theoretically I could hand my cloth nappies for drying out.

However, I live in ccllege campus apartment. Don't need public ridicule.

It'sbad enough people knowing I m near because of my crinkliness or stinkiness, or mixture of both. It's another thing to be seen unclasping wooden pins from coth diapers next to college girls in bikinis.

Check with your local municipality before you hang things outside... amazingly enough hanging clothing outside to dry is illegal in some areas. Also, even if it is legal to hang clothing out there may be a public decency ban on hanging undergarments.

Check with your local municipality before you hang things outside... amazingly enough hanging clothing outside to dry is illegal in some areas. Also, even if it is legal to hang clothing out there may be a public decency ban on hanging undergarments.

Please tell me you're joking. I knew this country had some weird and crazy laws but... Really?! I can understand that it might be an issue in some crazy HOA governed areas but that's not law, it's a contract you agree to when you move there (if you move there, you pay the price :P). Surely no city/county/state is draconian enough to say "Thou shalt not dry your smalls in the yard"? And why? Prudishness? :rolleyes::lol:

FWIW, I should hang my clothes out more than I do but the tumble drier is just too darn convenient. I'd never hang a cloth diaper outside though. I've hung them inside before now but not outside. Besides, they come out fluffier and softer from the tumble drier (just remember no Bounce!)

Guest littlesissy

Please tell me you're joking. I knew this country had some weird and crazy laws but... Really?! I can understand that it might be an issue in some crazy HOA governed areas but that's not law, it's a contract you agree to when you move there (if you move there, you pay the price :P). Surely no city/county/state is draconian enough to say "Thou shalt not dry your smalls in the yard"? And why? Prudishness? :rolleyes::lol:

really! I've been to a walmart in SLC and they had lingerie hanging on the racks in clear view of the public! I seriously doubt that any law like that exists, even if, it is far reaching and wouldn't stand up to a challenge.

Guest Wetnmessy247

Dude tell me about it. I hate how public walmart makes the lingerie because every now and then I buy things or panties and it's embarassing to not only be seen browsing the pink panties but be seen browsing the pink panties in an obviously full and stinky diaper.

The awkward glanes from the high school girls are much easily brushed off when I don't get them while standing in the middle of the damned aisle while tens of people can see me.

really! I've been to a walmart in SLC and they had lingerie hanging on the racks in clear view of the public! I seriously doubt that any law like that exists, even if, it is far reaching and wouldn't stand up to a challenge.

I'm not bullshitting you... google "Clothesline ban" and read about some of the absurd laws in this nation.

Mommy made sure that I hung my diapers out to dry this weekend. She made me go out and hang them wearing just a diaper. I live in the woods so it's not like I'm going to be seen but still walking around with just a diaper on, outside, can be a bit intimidating. She teased me a bit saying that I should always hang them in diapers, it looks more authentic.

I don't hang my diapers to dry inside or outside. I do hang plastic pants to dry in the bathroom or laundry room. I live in a typical subdivision and our clothesline is in view of neighbors. So, I don't need the neighborhood knowing my personal business.We do hang clothes out to dry in the summer months but even then, my wife wont hang out any underwear or bras.

As for laws banning clotheslines. They do exist but usually not at a government level. They are generally referred to as "covenants" which form part of the property deed or title, put in place the the developers of condo, housing authorities or subdivision developers. For instance there is a subdivision near me which does not allow propery owners to, have a clothesline, parking a vehicle larger than a 1/2 ton pickup truck in your yard or front of the house, not allowed to park a "marked" company vehicle in your yard or front of the house, not allowed to store a travel trailer on the property for the winter months and the house you build has to be a minium square footage and contain a certain percentage of brick on the front. Who the heck would want to buy or build a home in that subdivision? Not me.

• 6 months later...

I do hang my cloth diapers out on the clothes line when weather permits. They have a fresh air scent that I like and saves on my dryer bill. Another benefit over using a dryer can be seen in the dryer lint filter. All that lint came from the fibers of the diapers, so their life is undoubtably reduced by using a dryer. The down side is they are generally stiffer. But, then, nothing's really for free. I do cheat a bit and hang them between other clothes reducing, but not eliminating the chance that they may be seen.

The plastic pants are another matter. I've read that the sun is not good for vinyl- something about uv rays. So those get dryed in the house. I have on occasion pin the plastic pants under a sheet on the line with apparently no ill affects.

I'm of the age where it was common to see diapers, and plastic baby pants as well, hanging on the clothes lines. Moms washed diapers often and dryers weren't common. It is a fond memory for me to this day that the present generation will not share. Too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

I am of that age too. I remember seeing them on lines a lot.

I hang mine outside when I can. But I do cheat a bit. All my towels are white and I hang them on the outside hiding the diapers. Plastic I hang inside unless they are an old pair that I want to make crinkly and noisy.

Please tell me you're joking. I knew this country had some weird and crazy laws but... Really?! Surely no city/county/state is draconian enough to say "Thou shalt not dry your smalls in the yard"? Besides, they come out fluffier and softer from the tumble drier

No joke!!!! Our city/county even took down the clotheslines down in the projects awhile back ....because some new law about not seeing them from the road. They give you little time to move things like cars, trucks (running or not) without insurance & new tag on them, even got my neighbor for his burnpile being seen from the road.(in the county) If you don't move it they will & put a lien on your property. I AGREE some great country we live in.( I'm putting up my clothesline this year :whistling::roflmao: )

I hang my plastic pants on the ceiling fan blades in the bedroom upstairs.

Diapers in the gas dryer. I add a cup or two of white vinegar to the final rinse and they always dry soft and fluffy.

I still get a thrill if I see "fluffy Whites" hanging on a cloths line.

Happiness Is Wearing Cotton Diapers