LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Guide To Quitting Diapers

Well BlackoutSunset I did find your original post entertaining and useful if i wanted to quit. But I will say that there was a few judgmental posts in this thread, and there was few that were not. How ever I say that if a person wants to leave so then let us have a party and have our last goodbye to the person. As I will do now, I hope the person that you have met gives you the joy and fulfillment for the rest of your life and to be happy for the rest of your life. As with the song from the sound of music, "goodbye, farewell".

Blackout, I could have swore you said, "I'm going to quit," and "This is my last post," for several posts... but you don't keep your word. Maybe you're... I don't know... addicted?

You really need to get off that high horse you're on and stop pretending you're better or you know better than everyone else. You criticize everyone else for being judgmental while you're judging. It's immature, so when someone calls you "youthful," deal with it. I consider that a euphemism for acting like a baby.

*snip*

Lighten up man, it was just a bit of perspective from another person who's had similar feelings. I'm certainly not all 'up in arms' about the idea that you are leaving or that you feel that you don't want to do this anymore. You're flying off the handle over something very innocuous here. I definitely don't see anywhere in this thread that people judged you up until you started hurling insults and condemning us all.

And if you don't care, well then just don't write another post! You don't owe me an answer or an explanation, and I hold no pretense that you do. So just go on if arguing here is going to get you bent further out of shape.

This is another reason, right here. This community is often the most judgemental people I've ever met in my life. I just honestly don't want this to be part of me anymore. And whoever called me youthful you're three years older shut the hell up. I just am so sick of everyone on here telling me how I feel, what I think and applying things that may be how they feel to my situation. The reason I posted this was so that maybe, just maybe, someone would reach out and say they too wanted this to not be in their lives anymore. All of you can have your diaper parties, wet and mess 'til your bowls explode. I. Don't. Care. This was simply meant to be an aid to someone who wanted it not a board for you all to bash how I feel and the fact that for the first time in my life someone was okay with me doing this. However, I no longer want to and I wanted to be supportive to anyone else who had the same desire I do. To leave diapers to babies. Then again I guess it's fitting, one person wants to leave and it's what you all start acting like. I'll be watching this post as I'm sure it's going to explode with this remark or get totally ignored but this is the last time I'll be posting on this site. I honestly don't care what you all think it just really pisses me off that as soon as someone genuenly wants to leave your little diaper club you're all up in arms about it. So screw all of you, you've made it that much easier to want to quit, I have no desire to be associated with the likes of all of you.

Unfortunately, I agree...

I don't like what's becoming of our community.

-Sophie

Guest Wetnmessy247

Actually I can agree with OP here about the judgemental thing.

Places like this usually have a lot of people who feel that OTHERS should feel the same way about the fetish as they do. Meaning, if one person likes one thing and someone else another, then that person is wrong.

There are many varities and types of ABDLs as evinced by the under the radar support people like me get from others afraid to come out and express themselves for this very reason of public ostracization.

It is so ironic how judgemental a place like this can be, when the very same judgemental attitude is what birthed the site in the first place.

• Like 1

**Repost of a message sent to the OP, since I feel it should be public...**

I'm sorry if anything I said upset you.

Just, please, do me a favor and don't judge our community based on your last thread...

Things are... complicated right now. The internet has gotten to a point where people think being anonymous can bypass the rules of common courtesy. We have a lot of people that are very outspoken and they come off rude. And we have a lot of people that are just plain rude, but that's just bad timing... they'll leave soon.

I apologize for the words of some members on this site. They think this is some sort of club, and now that you turned 14 and realized clubs are lame and want to start buying your clothes from expensive stores in the mall and join the football team, they'll all question your motives to try to make you stay. But in reality, you're moving on whereas we're happy where we are. Maybe they find distain in you for that... or maybe they don't want you to relapse as so many people do and they are looking out for you (with a funny way of showing it).

But it's always hard to hear that someone is just giving up an aspect of life that most of these people, including myself, find so dear to them. Like you giving it up is a threat to all of us... that we're different, that these feelings are unnecessary, and that by you leaving, you'll start a revolution. It's illogical... but it's terrifying to think that who we are can be tossed aside with such ease. (Of course, you're not us, and we aren't each other. Everyone's different, but we're hardwired to think as a collective group, since that's the nature of living creatures. Once we form a close knit community like this one, we become one mind, and anything someone says is contemplated by every member.)

I certainly do not hold animosity toward you for your decision. If you are unhappy in diapers, you shouldn't wear. It's that simple. And I respect how you strive toward being happy, just as I strive toward it by wearing them.

But with the sort of responses you've received, it's made it easy for you to find fault in people. Just know that everyone's got a bit of kindness in them...

I don't know you, but I wish you the best. And I hope you're happy. If you're ever not, I'm likely to always have a shoulder for you to rest your head on.

Your friend,

Sophie Ellyn

You say Pot-a-toe, I say Pa-tot-o. Addicted, desire, whatever you want to call it, if you use and don't actually physically need, then it MAY be an addiction.

I think certain people in this community think that posts or statements like the OP's have to fit into every single solitary person in this worlds life to warrant it any good or a true statement. No, no, no, no. Statements that use everyone, always, everytime, etc. are all inclusive so use those types of words sparingly but statements like many, most, a lot, usually, don't include everyone so if it doesn't fit you, say it doesn't in a post but you don't need to tear it apart and shred it to pieces because if it doesn't fit you it's not valid in your mind. Think of how many different variations and degrees of ab/dl and other groups there are here. We're not all the same peg that'll fit in the same hole.

For the record, addicted as defined by freedictionary.com

addicted

adjective

addicted to

1. hooked on, dependent on, inclined to, prone to, accustomed to (slang), habituated to. Ex. After a while I was no longer addicted to nicotine.

2. devoted to, in love with, dedicated to, fond of, obsessed with, enthusiastic about, absorbed by, disposed to, wild about, fanatical about. Ex. I went through about four years of being addicted to video games.

3. To occupy (oneself) with or involve (oneself) in something habitually or compulsively: Ex. The child was addicted to video games.

Sorry blackout but i do not judge anybody on this site or flame i just happily ignore stupid posts. I was just trying to give advice and yes sophie i see more and more nasty posts on this board so sad !.I think it is just a sign of the times bad economy bad mood :thumbsup:

bad economy bad mood :thumbsup:

I don't know if that's optimism or pessimism...

It could be optimism because that means our board is just being affected by an outside source that will die down, and subsequently, we'll all be fine... as opposed to having to actually work in things ourselves and learn to make them better.

It could be pessimism because that means our board is determined by the state of the world... which essentially means we're screwed.

:P

-Sophie

There have been many good posts in response to this topic. At the risk of sounding overly simplistic I will just add my two cents. This is just from my own experience.

#1 - You cannot run from who you are!

#2 - Ignoring or repressing desires that are a constant in your life ... why? if they aren't hurting anyone?

#3 - Diapers can be thrown out but your desire for them does not go out to the trash bin ... and go away forever. They remain on a shelf in your mind ... maybe forever.

Like I said, this is just my two cents tossed in. I fully embrace myself and this lifestyle. My wife of 16 yrs. is fine with me also. I found the parameters to make this work in my marriage, and believe it has. I'm the happiest I've ever been! :D

I sincerely wish you the best of luck with your happiness and well being. :)

P.S. I repressed my desires in letting myself - be myself back in the 80's before the internet enabled us to get together on forums like this. In retrospect, those were years of my life ... lost

To those that say wearing diapers is an addiction: Everyone eats food everyday, everyone craps and pees everyday, everyone sleeps everyday, so based on that definition of addiction are we all addicted to eating, crapping, and sleeping? What makes those different?

Guest Wetnmessy247

Wait, what?

That is pretty sick, even for this site.

I remember reading that!!!!

Ha. I thought that was pretty bad. Very wrong.

What would one do with a messed baby diaper stolen from a church nursery? I mean everything I think of only leads to something sexual. Bad.

Very bad.

To those that say wearing diapers is an addiction: Everyone eats food everyday, everyone craps and pees everyday, everyone sleeps everyday, so based on that definition of addiction are we all addicted to eating, crapping, and sleeping? What makes those different?

Now you're just fetching. It should be pretty obvious what the difference is, if you can't figure that out, that's your problem. Here's a hint though, too much, more than "normal".

Not saying everyones addicted, many are though. I know I am so it's possible to be.

Hey, I could stop eating, crapping, peeing, and sleeping anytime I want.

But seriously, and to be fair, those are all essential biological functions, built into all life forms. To compare them to addictive activities is unfair.

Because I don't like who I am when I wear. I just don't like the feeling anymore. Someone not something filled that void and even though she supported my interest I just don't have a need for them in my life anymore.

Good answer, good reason. Hope it works out for you!

Hum, this makes me think about how my diaper thoughts will change when I move out to my own place. I think because I do have to repress being me I think about them more. If I was able to wear whenever I wanted I am sure it would become something that isn't made a big deal out of and so I would think about them less. Though several times I have gone a couple months without really thinking about them, I had a hidden stash, but just didn't really feel the need to wear.

Where's the post "A Guide To Getting Your SO Into Diapers"? Let's be honest, for most of us, that's the main reason we would ever want to quit. Either as a mommy/daddy or as a baby, I'd like to see that one.

It's interesting to view it as an addiction, especially since I had that argument with gf a couple weeks ago. It isn't, but it can be a compulsion. I do use it to de-stress.

And as coping mechanisms go it's one of the least destructive I know. It's about being vulnerable, not hurting others. It doesn't do any damage to your body, unlike compulsive eating, drinking, smoking, drugs. Outside of having an SO that doesn't like it and the cost of a few disposables I don't see any harm in it. So why would you want to quit? It's embarassing, sure, but that's half the fun!

Guest Wetnmessy247

I thought I would want to quit when I first moved out on my own but I actually became more into it.

My hidden stash came out and became most of my apartment. I have diapers literally everywhere. My closet is full, my dresser is packed full, my coffee table's storage is just diapers and remote controls, and my bathroom storage is just diapers and bathroom stuff. I have diapers in the kitchen cupboards too not for eating though I've had to answer that question once by maintenance they were confused.

Living on your own ya do what you want. I do find myself getting lazy on diaper removal. It gets pretty stinky in my apartment but ONLY ONCE ONLY ONCE have I had to deal with maggots.